This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

On Air Doctor Who (Series 9) [BBC]

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Flash, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Flash

Contributor Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,655
    [​IMG]

I couldn't find a thread to discuss the new series of Dr Who (if there is one please merge)

What did everyone think of the first episode?

Season 9 Episode 1
    The Magician’s Apprentice

I personally loved it but as a lifelong Dr Who fan I would, but what's not to love
    Davros, Missy's return, Capaldi with a guitar:drool:

Can't wait for next week :)

#1 Flash, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. bigfub

bigfub Dreaming Dredd Ninja
    Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,469
    Ditto :) Been waiting for the new series and not been disappointed :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Flash

Ratings:
    +4,655
    Awesome, who you think will
    replace Clara as the companion when she leaves?

4. bigfub

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,469
    Not a clue at the moment but I suspect we'll get an introduction in the next couple of episodes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Flash

Ratings:
    +4,655

What you think of Capaldi as the doctor?

6. Scary Hair

Scary Hair Lost The Plot Ninja
    Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,621
    I like Carapoldi is he the Dr not seen enough of his Doctor to comment .

Matt Smith was cast too Young right actor needed some maturaty on his side.

Mr Tennant IS MY Doctor then Eccleston , Tom Baker John Pertwee . Silvester Mcoy did well with what he was given .

I lost intrest with Dinosaur's in space that just killed it for me . The Writters have dropped the ball with some of the storys . Then again not all are of the caliber of Russell T Davis and Chris Chibnoll .

I have a feeling that this will tie up River Songs story linking back to her introduction in Silence In The Library . Could and may watch that however I know what will happen I'll miss Mr Tennant MORE THAN EVER .

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. bigfub

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,469
    I think Ecclestone & Tennant definitely benefited from some of the best story lines without a doubt but the writing for Capaldi has worked I think, I'm starting to warm to his Doctor now :)

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. Flash

Ratings:
    +4,655
    I agree at first I wasn't sure but having watched his first season few episodes in I really warmed to him. He's not had the best scripts and Clara isn't the best companion but I really like it and can't wait to watch more and always love the Christmas ones and with River Song confirmed it should be awesome :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Flash

Ratings:
    +4,655
    Love Maisie Williams in it, looking forward to tonight's episode :)

10. Lollard2002

Ratings:
    +1,043
    As a fan since the mid 1960's I personally think the current show especially since Moffat took over is the most appalling drivel I have ever had the misfortune to watch in my life. Last season was easily the worst Dr Who I have ever seen and this season looks to be even worse. I switched off after 20 minutes. For me the Phillip Hinchcliffe / Tom Baker era was easily the best period in the shows history. I just pretend now the current show doesn't exist. It was great when it came back with Russel T. Davis at the helm but the past 4 years have been a nightmare for this 50 year old fan.

11. Flash

Ratings:
    +4,655
    each to their own, I have to disagree

12. Lollard2002

Ratings:
    +1,043
    The riding the Shark moment for me was the gender bender Master. That's the moment for me that the show lost any little credibility it had left . Up until a few years ago I couldn't have thought of a worse story than the Twin Dilemma across the 50 years of Dr Who but right now I could pick 6 stories alone from the past 2 years that would easily beat it hands down. I think you'd be very very surprised how deeply hated the current show is especially among older fans who grew up with the classic show. Anyway rant over and time to watch a few episodes of Columbo to cheer myself up.

13. Flash

Ratings:
    +4,655
    Each to their own ;) I have been a who fan for decades and know many others who absolutely love it so ah well, enjoy Columbo

14. Lollard2002

Ratings:
    +1,043
    One last thing (couldn't resist). If a fan like me who's watched since 1966 has walked away, you have serious problems. And there are too many people like me who have done just that and I'm hearing the same story from too many people "What the hell is it and whom is it aimed at?"

15. Flash

Ratings:
    +4,655
    That's your opinion mate, you don't have to watch it, can you please vacate my thread, your excessive negativity isn't needed, a third message it's just being rude now frankly, please move on.. :)

16. Apollon

Apollon #TheLaw
    Super Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +34,895
    Let's keep it friendly in here folks. Thanks.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Flash

Ratings:
    +4,655
    Thanks Apollon :)

18. Scary Hair

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,621
    This is where things ARE so wrong .

When Dr Who and other franchises where first created it was in an almost all Male all white era .

James Bond , Superman , Batman , Fantastic Four MOST main stream supper hero's White and Male .

Now IF an Actor / Actress can play the part then let the main stream normal DO ONE and hang thire head in shame . We live in a diffrent time with a difffent set of rules and culture .

Women no longer stay at home and wait hand and foot on the Man . I am WAITING and will jump for joy when a Black , Asian , Oriental Woman OR Man gets cast in a big role known previously as being casted as white .

If recasting The Mastera as a woman is the start of this change THEN GOOD at least someone has and vision and Balls to take that disision .

19. Flash

Ratings:
    +4,655
    I totally agree Ann. There was talk of River Song actually becoming the doctor before Capaldi was picked and I think that would have been really interesting, Alex is a great actress. They obviously decided it was too great a step and went with the master being a women which I think is kinda funny, different, it's 2015 age/sex/race restrictions shouldn't apply.

• Helpful Post Helpful Post x 1
  20. Scary Hair

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,621
    I think that soemwhere in Carapoldi's tenier thire will be a closeing of the story Arc of Silence in the Liberty and Forest of the Dead . Where it started .

Alex Kingston IS amazing no argument thire Flash .

• Thanks Thanks x 1