Sep 13, 2012
Warwick, UK
Release date: February 6, 2017
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £22.99 (Amazon) - £24.99 (Zavvi)

910-Kq-kZVL._SL1500_.jpg
81t0-6oX2cL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but can't excited about a release in which the animation makes Captain Pugwash look like Final Fantasy! Nothing can disguise the historical vandalism by the BBC and other ITV companies.......

I think the fact that the BBC have gone to the trouble of animating all 6 episodes tells me they know the originals are lost forever. Of course they have themselves to blame for that.

Yes indeed. But they all did it, not just the Beeb. Television was officially a throway medium, and the recording tapes were commonly reused.
The only reason so many actually do survive is due to self-appointed archivists at the studios hiding tapes, and in some cases actually taking them home to save them.

Just got this (odd since I'd already cancelled my order)

Dear Rob

Thank you for choosing to place your order with zavvi.com.

We're sorry to inform you that some or all of your order, number xxxxxxxxx has now been cancelled as Doctor Who - The Power of the Daleks is no longer available. We have tried to source further stock but we have been unsuccessful, sorry to disappoint you. Please note you have not been charged for this item and no payment will be taken.

If a charge has been taken for the order, then a refund will be requested upon cancellation and the money returned to your account within 3-5 working days.

If you wish to make another purchase please see our latest offers and voucher codes here

Please note you may receive a system generated message informing you of the cancellation, please disregard this. We hope to see you shopping with us again soon.

Kind Regards
zavvi.com Customer Service Team

Cancelled. Watched a bit... wooden animation. Week quality sound.

No surprise there. The only known audio copies of the episode in existence would have been by fans doing audio copies off-air in the 60's with pretty ropy equipment by modern standards. As for the animation again no surprise the trailers showed it be very very poor and having watched a mates copy the other day, (10 minutes of one episode) it was never going to beat Final Fantasy for animation of the year. I would say crude and rough animation rather than wooden.

It's definitely more Pugwash than Pixar but I really enjoyed it. Story was really tense and built up nicely. Yes the movement of the animation was very stilted but otherwise I think it worked well. Anyway still got my order with Amazon.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: virkia
. . . and for something a bit special for the Whovian . . . Anneke Wills signed editions of this steelbook for GBP 34.99 each (or 10 quid more than the cost of the regular steelbook).
The only issue appears to be where outside/inside the steelbook the signature will be placed.
https://annekewills.com/shop/dvds/d...dvd-bluray-steelbook-exclusive-signed-copies/

A couple of images from the other site:-
018_zps3lk8mt1i.jpg
019_zpsbswgfngh.jpg

Confirmed region free

Last edited:
. . . and for something a bit special for the Whovian . . . Anneke Wills signed editions of this steelbook for GBP 34.99 each (or 10 quid more than the cost of the regular steelbook).
The only issue appears to be where outside/inside the steelbook the signature will be placed.
https://annekewills.com/shop/dvds/d...dvd-bluray-steelbook-exclusive-signed-copies/

Good old Anneke! I haven't talked to her in a couple of years since I stopped going to conventions. I got friendly with her through a friend of mine (the infamous Tim Hirst) and even though her business relationship with the aforementioned friend crashed & burned (along with his other Who clients) due to his shenanigans, we still stayed friends. I used to look forward to our chinwag sessions.

If you get a chance, read her autobiography - she's had quite a fascinating life!

If you don't want to go via Amazon or Zavvi, you can pick it up at HMV. In fact the blu-ray for this story only seems to come in steelbook format.

Received mine today signed by Anneke Wills. Really pleased with it. Message and signature on the actual front of the steel. I was worried it would be on the j card or booklet, but chuffed to bits that its on the steel.

Reactions: mnementh