paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release Date: January 9th ,2017
Purchase Links: Arrow Films - Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £15.99 (Arrow) £24.99 (Zavvi-Amazon)

Notes: Note this is the Standard Version
It does not contain the Limited Edition Exclusives
poster, postcards, and a 100-page book

DONNIE_DARKO_OCARD_3D_BD-500x500.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon
NEW UK ONLY TITLE: Donnie Darko Blu-ray
Note this is the Standard Version does not contain the Limited Edition Exclusives

BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

•Brand new 4K restorations of both the Theatrical Cut and the Director’s Cut from the original camera negatives produced by Arrow Films exclusively for this release, supervised and approved by director Richard Kelly and cinematographer Steven Poster
•High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of both cuts
•Original 5.1 audio
•Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
•Audio commentary by writer-director Richard Kelly and actor Jake Gyllenhaal on the Theatrical Cut
•Audio commentary by Kelly, producer Sean McKittrick and actors Drew Barrymore, Jena Malone, Beth Grant, Mary McDonnell, Holmes Osborne, Katharine Ross and James Duval on the Theatrical Cut
•Audio commentary by Kelly and filmmaker Kevin Smith on the Director’s Cut
•Brand-new interviews with Richard Kelly and others
•The Goodbye Place, Kelly’s 1996 short film, which anticipates some of the themes and ideas of his feature films
•The Donnie Darko Production Diary, an archival documentary charting the film’s production with optional commentary by cinematographer Steven Poster
•Twenty deleted and alternate scenes with optional commentary by Kelly
•Archive interviews with Kelly, actors Jake Gyllenhaal, Jena Malone, Drew Barrymore, James Duval, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Holmes Osborne, Noah Wyle and Katharine Ross, producers Sean McKittrick, Nancy Juvonen, Hunt Lowry and Casey La Scala, and cinematographer Steven Poster
•Three archive featurettes: They Made Me Do It, They Made Me Do It Too and #1 Fan: A Darkomentary
•Storyboard comparisons
•B-roll footage
•Cunning Visions infomercials
•Music video: Mad World by Gary Jules
•Galleries
•Trailers
•TV spots
•Illustrated collector’s booklet containing new writing by Nathan Rabin
•Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Candice Tripp

I probably will too. May be @paulboland can get a confirmation from somewhere that it comes with a slipcover?
I'm not 100% on the Blu-ray coming with a Slipcover the seperate DVD release as far as I know does but that's based on the mock up photo
I will ask arrow tomorrow and let you know when they reply

Looks like Blu-ray does not come with a slipcase but the DVD has a slipcase
Until someone gets delivery in January it won't be known for sure

11371348-5814437664965501.png

Is that pic from Arrow or Amazon? Or did you actually chat with someone?
It's the image Arrow provided Amazon/Zavvi and other retailers with
The Image on Arrow Website is the DVD which has a slipcase

The only way you will know for sure in regards to a slipcase with the Standard Blu-ray release is when arrow upload to Facebook actual live images of the standard release or when someone gets delivery in January

• Helpful Post
Reactions: AlienKing
It's the image Arrow provided Amazon/Zavvi and other retailers with
The Image on Arrow Website is the DVD which has a slipcase

The only way you will know for sure in regards to a slipcase with the Standard Blu-ray release is when arrow upload to Facebook actual live images of the standard release or when someone gets delivery in January
Damn. Okay. Thanks for the info though. :notworthy:
I might have to cancel my order if the Bluray doesnt have a slip. Gotta keep an eye out :watch:

Damn. Okay. Thanks for the info though. :notworthy:
I might have to cancel my order if the Bluray doesnt have a slip. Gotta keep an eye out :watch:
Why not order the limited edition instead it's cheaper at the moment and nearly sold out
Packaging and Book lot better than standard amaray

Reactions: AlienKing