Donnie Darko (Blu-ray+DVD with Slipbox Limited Edition) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release Date: December 12th, 2016
Purchase Links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £27.99 (Arrow Films) - £23.99 (Amazon UK) - £24.99 (Zavvi)
Notes: Limited to 5,000

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
  • Brand new 4K restorations of both the Theatrical Cut and the Director’s Cut from the original camera negatives produced by Arrow Films exclusively for this release, supervised and approved by director Richard Kelly and cinematographer Steven Poster

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations of both cuts

• Original 5.1 audio (DTS-HD on the Blu-ray)

• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing

• Audio commentary by writer-director Richard Kelly and actor Jake Gyllenhaal on the Theatrical Cut

• Audio commentary by Kelly, producer Sean McKittrick and actors Drew Barrymore, Jena Malone, Beth Grant, Mary McDonnell, Holmes Osborne, Katharine Ross and James Duval on the Theatrical Cut

• Audio commentary by Kelly and filmmaker Kevin Smith on the Director’s Cut

• Brand-new interviews with cast and crew, including Richard Kelly and XXX

• The Goodbye Place, Kelly’s 1996 short film, which anticipates some of the themes and ideas of his feature films

• The Donnie Darko Production Diary, an archival documentary charting the film’s production with optional commentary by cinematographer Steven Poster

• Twenty deleted and alternate scenes with optional commentary by Kelly

• Archive interviews with Kelly, actors Jake Gyllenhaal, Jena Malone, Drew Barrymore, James Duval, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Holmes Osborne, Noah Wyle and Katharine Ross, producers Sean McKittrick, Nancy Juvonen, Hunt Lowry and Casey La Scala, and cinematographer Steven Poster

• Three archive featurettes: They Made Me Do It, They Made Me Do It Too and #1 Fan: A Darkomentary

• Storyboard comparisons

• B-roll footage

• Cunning Visions infomercials

• Music video: Mad World by Gary Jules

• Galleries

• Trailers

• TV spots

• Exclusive collector’s book containing new writing by Nathan Rabin, Anton Bitel and Jamie Graham, an in-depth interview with Richard Kelly, introduction by Jake Gyllenhaal and contemporary coverage, illustrated with original stills and promotional materials

• Limited edition packaging featuring new artwork by Candice Tripp

DETAILS:

RRP: £34.99 £27.99

Region: B/2

Rating: 15

Duration: 113 and 133 mins

Language: English

Subtitles: English SDH

Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1

Audio: DTS-HD 5.1

Discs: 4

Colour

1.jpg

Last edited:
I literally just picked up the Blu-ray last week because I was fed up of waiting for a nice edition to be released... thankfully I had to return it for a refund because they somehow managed to put a DVD in the BR case by mistake, which I was bummed about at first, but now I realise it was a blessing in disguise. :D

Holy f******ck my heart just skipped a beat. One of my all time favs

I thought it was a steel though so I might wait for the eventual steel @Noodles
I'm really hoping for a steel too (still shocked that it hasn't had one yet), but I like the film enough to double-dip, and this set looks way too nice to pass on!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and dan8885
This is one of my favourite films and have been hoping all this time for a steelbook but this looks pretty nice, is it like a digibook style? I don't know whether to wait or get this :ohno:

I literally just picked up the Blu-ray last week because I was fed up of waiting for a nice edition to be released... thankfully I had to return it for a refund because they somehow managed to put a DVD in the BR case by mistake, which I was bummed about at first, but now I realise it was a blessing in disguise. :D

Must have been fate :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I don't care for a Steelbook when Arrow gives the movie the Boxset treatment. Their Boxsets are so beautiful. Videodrome, Long Good Friday and Hellraiser are some of my favorites from my whole collection!

I wish they would've released Kiju Yoshida and Female Prisoner Scorpion in such a Boxset. I don't get motivation to spend 50-60 pounds on "just" the Keep Cases :ugh:

This is one of my favourite films and have been hoping all this time for a steelbook but this looks pretty nice, is it like a digibook style? I don't know whether to wait or get this :ohno:

Must have been fate :)
Hard to tell at the moment, but a digipak for the discs (like in some of their previous box set editions) would be my guess. :)
I don't care for a Steelbook when Arrow gives the movie the Boxset treatment. Their Boxsets are so beautiful. Videodrome, Long Good Friday and Hellraiser are some of my favorites from my whole collection!

I wish they would've released Kiju Yoshida and Female Prisoner Scorpion in such a Boxset. I don't get motivation to spend 50-60 pounds on "just" the Keep Cases :ugh:
I'd honestly rather have a box set like this too, but I'd happily pick up a steelbook as well. :whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Hard to tell at the moment, but a digipak (like some of their previous box set editions) for the discs would be my guess. :)

I'd honestly rather have a box set like this too, but I'd happily pick up a steelbook as well. :whistle:

It looks like that they do it like for Hellraiser with single Digipacks for each Disc and a additional Book. Aw I'm super excited :drool::woot:

Reactions: C.C. 95 and Noodles
  • Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and Noodles
My thoughts as well. Would rather have this release than a steelbook, I mean look at that list of extras. Arrow are quality from top to bottom. :)

:LOL::LOL:
IKR? Can't wait to check out all three different commentaries, the 20 deleted/alt scenes, and RK's short film. ArrowVideo proving once again why they're one of the best distributors out there! :notworthy:

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
@Noodles
You beat me to it creating the listing:p:rofl:
I was asleep after long night shift did not get to bed until 12pm today

I will get this but would have liked to see a steelbook version also

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles