Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release: May 13th, 2016
Platform: PS4, XB1, PC
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

Pinky, the Double-Barrel Shotgun, incredibly fast multiplayer, SnapMap, , and id Tech 6! Watch the first gameplay trailer for the new DOOM from id Software arriving in Spring 2016.

Watch the all-new teaser trailer for the next DOOM game in development at id Software. Look for the first reveal of the game at QuakeCon 2014.

Attachments

• doom.jpg
    doom.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 162
Not a big FPS fan really but Doom (particularly in the new-ish arcade mode they patched in) is easily one of the best games of the year. Non-stop guns and metal up your ass. :D I played it much earlier this year and was annoyed with if anything, the feeling of having to stop the flow of movement to go looking for hidden areas and collectibles. Arcade mode totally removes this hurdle and turns it into a rollercoaster shooter. Reminds me a little of Bulletstorm too... in all the right ways. :hungry:

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Not a big FPS fan really but Doom (particularly in the new-ish arcade mode they patched in) is easily one of the best games of the year. Non-stop guns and metal up your ass. :D I played it much earlier this year and was annoyed with if anything, the feeling of having to stop the flow of movement to go looking for hidden areas and collectibles. Arcade mode totally removes this hurdle and turns it into a rollercoaster shooter. Reminds me a little of Bulletstorm too... in all the right ways. :hungry:
Bulletstorm was fu**ing awesome! :woot: I still have it for my PS3! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Last Lizard

Today we are delivering even more of your top-requested features for DOOM with the launch of Free Update 5!

First, we’ve added Bots to DOOM multiplayer. Players have requested this since our multiplayer beta pre-launch, and now Bots are available in both Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch modes.

Next up: level cap. Multiplayer rank now extends to Echelon 11, level 50! As an added bonus, once you reach the new highest ranking, you’ll unlock the DOOM Marine Armor. Be the envy of your peers by equipping the signature Praetor Suit, a reflection of the blood, sweat and… even more blood that you’ve shed in battle. The DOOM Marine Armor has also been added to SnapMap, along with more elements from the campaign, allowing you to play and create even more campaign-like experiences in DOOM. We’ve also added Lazarus Lab–themed modules, new props and other features.

Free Update 5 also includes a new competitive multiplayer mode, Infernal Run. Teams fight for control of the (eye) ball, which must be carried or thrown into the opponent’s goal to score.

To celebrate all the new multiplayer additions, we’re giving you double the XP in multiplayer from now until December 12 at 12pm ET. So jump on in, play Infernal Run, and work your way toward Echelon 11.

• Thanks

If you flinched the first time you saw a meaty Mancubus charging at you in last year’s critically acclaimed DOOM, wait till you get up close and even more personal with rampaging demons in DOOM VFR. Revealed at Bethesda’s E3 2017 Showcase, DOOM VFR is a new virtual reality game from legendary developer id Software, coming to PlayStation VR and VIVE platforms.

• Thanks