Dredd (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #50) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: October 28, 2016 (Standard) - November 28, 2016 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC Edition #1 - FAC Edition #2 - FAC Edition #3 - FAC Edition #4
Price: 799 CZK (Standard) 899 CZK (Edition 1) - 1,099 CZK (Edition 2) - 2,199 CZK (Edition 3) - 899 CZK (Edition 4)
Notes: E1 1001 copies - E2 751 copies - E3 HardBox (E1+E2) 701 copies
HDN Group buys: E1 Edition only - E2 Edition only - E3 Edition - Hardbox - E4 Edition - E5 Edition (Scanavo Case)

Full Slip Scanavo Case release thread HERE

14500618_1121726877944287_8995416052392451215_o.jpg 14615697_1124417451008563_5818685714201523935_o.jpg e4 large.jpg 14711185_1126890000761308_6279040377028082339_o.jpg
dreedd.jpg dredd.jpg
Dredd_front_cz_emboss.jpg Dredd_front_cz.jpg dredd_inside.jpg
12226534_1222959997720552_994042168_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was lead to believe FA manually check each steel prior to assembling their packages to ensure everything is in perfect order, obviously not! We've waited what's seemed an age for this to arrive and now it has, this is what we get???!!! :blackeye: Bitterly disappointing......... :dunno:

They are too busy checking their wallet in anticipation of the profit they are going to make!

Reactions: K.i.T and lgans316
I guess im kinda glad I am not opening mine with these scary stories. Still think the Lenti is a letdown especially when you are paying some extra cost. Its about the same quality that you have gotten in this last disney wave from Zavvi which is pretty bad too. They are going to have to step the quality up especially with the additional cost they are charging.

I really wish they would slow their ass down and focus on quality and some of the announced WEA editions that seem to be pushed almost a year at this point.

I guess im kinda glad I am not opening mine with these scary stories. Still think the Lenti is a letdown especially when you are paying some extra cost. Its about the same quality that you have gotten in this last disney wave from Zavvi which is pretty bad too. They are going to have to step the quality up especially with the additional cost they are charging.

I really wish they would slow their ass down and focus on quality and some of the announced WEA editions that seem to be pushed almost a year at this point.
Totally agree with everything you have said.

Reactions: lgans316
Whenever you criticise premium retailers you simply get slated. With Zavvi it is the opposite.
I agree it's funny some of the premium retailers like Kimchi/Nova etc if they have a release that has issues some of the fan boys say it's not their fault but when it's zavvi the posts are the opposite :rofl:

I seen some premium releases with exact same steelbook you get from Zavvi with same issues
Zavvi threads it goes nuts but the premium threads it's more forgiving :LOL:

Reactions: lgans316
I agree it's funny some of the premium retailers like Kimchi/Nova etc if they have a release that has issues some of the fan boys say it's not their fault but when it's zavvi the posts are the opposite :rofl:

I seen some premium releases with exact same steelbook you get from Zavvi with same issues
Zavvi threads it goes nuts but the premium threads it's more forgiving :LOL:
Case in point on the Blufans ANTMAN lenticular the title wasn't dead centre it had drifted to the left! Whereas in the promotional pics it was dead on central! The overall response was "oh well it still looks great!"
Then zavvi released their ANTMAN lenticular steelbook and the marvel logo on the lenti didn't line up dead on with the marvel logo on the steel again it had drifted slightly to the left! And zavvi got absolutely hammered to bits over it! (And rightly so!):rofl::LOL::rofl:

If people get damaged steelbooks from the GB is there any process to try and get a replacement?
I hope so. I've only tagged Karel and Martin with my earlier post and pics. I'll give it longer but if I hear nothing soon, I'll PM them both and hope for the best. Surely replacements are due as this simply isn't good enough.

I'm glad I've opened my copies as the steel itself is a beauty to behold! :kiss::drool: Like any other WEA package, it's best to open and caress enjoy them :whistle::p

I hope so. I've only tagged Karel and Martin with my earlier post and pics. I'll give it longer but if I hear nothing soon, I'll PM them both and hope for the best. Surely replacements are due as this simply isn't good enough.

I'm glad I've opened my copies as the steel itself is a beauty to behold! :kiss::drool: Like any other WEA package, it's best to open and caress enjoy them :whistle::p
i agree this steel does look amazing.....but not if mine are dinged :(

Recently received my E1, 2, 4 & 5... :whistle: E1 and 4 are my faves but I'm disappointed with E2 and feel the lenti hasn't been executed well at all. Major fail IMO and not worth the extra 200CZK we had to pay because of the amazing "3D rendering" :facepalm: Also, my steelbook inside E1 is damaged with 2 creases on the back followed by a scratch and imperfection on the front (n) Not surprised really given how they sat for so long in an unprotected box :rolleyes: My steelbook inside E4 however is mint.

View attachment 286391 View attachment 286392

View attachment 286390 View attachment 286393 View attachment 286394

@carllenc @Collector03601 Please can you ask FilmArena if they will supply replacement steels for customers who have received damaged/defective ones? Thank you :angel:

Hey Michael,

Sorry to see you have received a defected steelbook, Karel already managed to agree with FA on a replacement steelbook which will be send to you with your next GB order.

Regards

Martin

Received my copy of E1 this morning (along with Cloverfield Lane) and I love it even more now I've seen it in hand! :D

Great job FA... it was definitely worth the wait! And many thanks to @carllenc and @Collector03601 for the GB. :notworthy:

just recieved my E3+E4 today guys and have to say it is my favorite release by FA yet! Love the steelbook, the fullslip E1 is awesome, E2 lenti is a bit of a let down not being very clear or have much depth but still love it. E4 is obviously a great slip too and love the artwork. The E3 boxset seems to be getting better quality but they really need to change the manufacturing or construction method of these to get rid of the visible folds.

Finally it is sooo packed full of goodies that the steelbooks are bursting at the seams. I opened my E1 and there are so many art cards that they broke one of the clips on the left inside of the steelbook case, for me not a big deal but I would have prefered less artcards than a damaged steelbook to be honest. Overall I am really happy with the release!

I will test out the 3D on my next day off and see if I am getting any of the poor pictures that other people are reporting.

Well, I was a little nervous ordering this one going off the number of issues people seem to be having...BUT, got lucky and mine is in perfect condition.

I understand why a lot of people that had an order in early were disappointed with the lenti edition - it is dark (and a slightly odd concept-art looking image) artwork and the depth is a bit weird on it, but I have to say I like it a lot.

Big thanks to @carllenc & @Collector03601 for sorting us out with one of the GB leftovers, the job you guys do with GB's is awesome!

View media item 23258View media item 23261

Has anyone actually given the disc a spin and see what the PQ and audio is like compared to the other Dredd releases?

I had the Canadian edition with the 7.1 audio but got rid of it to get this (but I haven't opened this yet)