Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 10 August, 2015
Purchase: Dredd 3D or Zbox/Dredd Combo
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 2,500 only.
Per various responses to customers, key chains are being mailed separately.

dredd1.jpg

1.JPG 2.JPG dreddchain.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually bought that keyring in January last year, for 9.99 in Forbidden Planet London. I joked with my brother that, knowing my luck, THAT would be the free steelbook gift, and sure enough...
It is a great keyring, but i don't like that the price of it has just been lumped on to the 15 pounds price this steelbook would and should have been. Those who want the keyring, you can buy it elsewhere. Those who don't want it (or already own it!!!) we are having to pay for it.

Right just got to be in the right place at the right time when this comes back in stock. Wish I had a bowl with Judge Fish to tell me when that's going to be?

I'd happily pay this price for the Mondo edition if it wasn't region A locked, but releasing it with the generic artwork used on the french jumbo/digipack and japanese steelbook takes so much away from this release.
By the way, I really can't recommend the french edition enough, a real bargain at 25 euros!!

I actually bought that keyring in January last year, for 9.99 in Forbidden Planet London. I joked with my brother that, knowing my luck, THAT would be the free steelbook gift, and sure enough...
It is a great keyring, but i don't like that the price of it has just been lumped on to the 15 pounds price this steelbook would and should have been. Those who want the keyring, you can buy it elsewhere. Those who don't want it (or already own it!!!) we are having to pay for it.
Thanks for that info. So basically that confirms the gift isn't free, you are paying full retail price for it as the steel isn't worth more than £15. Thanks for the info shall pass it on.

I'd happily pay this price for the Mondo edition if it wasn't region A locked, but releasing it with the generic artwork used on the french jumbo/digipack and japanese steelbook takes so much away from this release.
By the way, I really can't recommend the french edition enough, a real bargain at 25 euros!!

Zavvi should pull their finger out and get some Mondo steelbooks for us in the UK....they are better then most of the artwork they do for some steelbooks so you may aswell bring in some Mondo ones.

Whether you like the badge or not, zavvi shouldn't be making people buy one product just to enable the purchase of another. Ethically it's just plain wrong.

Nooooo. Please, no more overrated Mondo. Just use art from the movie posters/promos.

The Mondo Dredd is so overrated IMO. This will look 100 times better. Especially if it's glossy.

I agree, in fact I find that 9 times out of 10 the original poster art is already ideal for steelbook art. I don't buy into this whole thing where there has to be newly designed art on steels - there really doesn't. The studios usually make sure the original movie poster art is top notch, after all they are trying to get people to watch the movies in the first place. Whereas with new steelbook art it seems that anything goes as there's only ever going to be a few thousand people that are really going to care.

I agree, in fact I find that 9 times out of 10 the original poster art is already ideal for steelbook art. I don't buy into this whole thing where there has to be newly designed art on steels - there really doesn't. The studios usually make sure the original movie poster art is top notch, after all they are trying to get people to watch the movies in the first place. Whereas with new steelbook art it seems that anything goes as there's only ever going to be a few thousand people that are really going to care.

No one is saying every steelbook needs to have Mondo art, we just want a few. Some of the Mondo ones like Drive for example was perfect and fit the vibe of the film.

If all the steelbooks which have gotten crappy artwork used Mondo art instead then I most likely would have bought them

Sure the movie poster art is nice and I would like it over Mondo but the problem is they don't do it 9 times out of 10....least with Mondo it's out there and happens more frequently then Steelbooks which have movie poster artwork

i think even at a good price i would pass on this now. the quality of the actual disc is meant to be poor. i have never seen the film, i want to see it in all its glory, not a shoddy transfer. and especially not with a dumb badge/junk mail/spam i will literally throw straight in the bin the moment it arrives.