Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 10 August, 2015
Purchase: Dredd 3D or Zbox/Dredd Combo
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 2,500 only.
Per various responses to customers, key chains are being mailed separately.

dredd1.jpg

1.JPG 2.JPG dreddchain.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The same here, I even checked and it's not in my basket - all a bit strange really.

Not in my basket either but still apparently freely available to pre-order @ GBP 17.98 (including P&P) at the time of writing.

Pre-ordered it there a few days ago, as missed the Zavvi pre-order, so no need to order it again.

Just spitballing here, as I haven't got a clue what's going on with this steelbook, but one idea could be that the total print run is 4,000 with 2,500 allocated as exclusive to Zavvi and the parent company taking the remaining 1,500 ?
OR
Maybe the stock of this steelbook that was allocated to go with the Zbox is now being sold off by The Hut because very few people bought the wonderful (cough, cough) box and steel together because it was too expensive and instead of Zavvi taking the embarrassing step of putting the steel separately back up before release they've done it this way ?

Last edited:
A divisive release certainly, but one I can't pass on, if only to add another Dredd release to the collection (something of an obsession) and because of the amount of hounding I put on Zavvi and Entertainment Store to release a Dredd steel, means I owe it to them (and the love of Dredd) to buy a copy!

Not long to wait now I guess and looking forward to a dispatch email next week!

While I'm at it, a reminder of why the film is so good! ;)

A divisive release certainly, but one I can't pass on, if only to add another Dredd release to the collection (something of an obsession) and because of the amount of hounding I put on Zavvi and Entertainment Store to release a Dredd steel, means I owe it to them (and the love of Dredd) to buy a copy!

I'm looking forward to this release as well, another one to add my little collection.

I'm sure I've posted this before but this is the message to Hollywood!

Also another example of the bad marketing. Right at the end. It isn't DREDD. It is DREDD 3D. The guy says "DREDD 3D"
Like 3D is part of the title. People thought it was only in 3D.

We won't know until we receive dispatch emails, I suppose, but surely they wouldn't dare have it up for pre-order for several weeks now if they didn't actually have the item . . .
I'd expect to receive my dispatch email on or around the middle of next week.

Reactions: Flash
Just emailed The Hut about this listing requesting confirmation that what I've pre-ordered is indeed the Zavvi exclusive limited edition steelbook (and the keychain) as pictured on the product page.

The reason I did this is twofold :-

(1) Type in 'Steelbook' and 1 1/2 pages of steelbooks come up with all but 5 showing as 'Out of stock' and the DREDD steelbook nowhere to be seen on these pages.

(2) Type in 'Limited Edition Steelbook' and the DREDD steelbook does come up with the following description "Dredd 3D (including 2D) version with Limited Edition Exclusive Numbered Keychain (2,500 only)".

No mention of steelbook in the listing below the picture of the steelbook (though the price is the same as the Zavvi steelbook price of RRP GBP 24.99 with "Save 36% GBP 15.99" - not that that means anything) .

Click on the single product page and there is the same description, in large print, next to the picture of the steelbook but there is "Blu-ray" added at the end after "(2,500 only)" - "DREDD 3D (INCLUDING 2D) VERSION WITH LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE NUMBERED KEYCHAIN (2,500 ONLY) BLU-RAY".
The picture is of the steelbook and not of a plastic cased edition.
The large print makes no mention of steelbook BUT under 'Product Description' we have " Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook - Limited to 2,500 - includes ZBOX Exclusive Limited Edition Numbered ZBOX Keychain".

(3) Type in 'Dredd Blu-ray' and 2 items are shown - this one and a DVD edition.

I don't suppose I'm the only one to have pre-ordered this from The Hut thinking it is the steelbook and I look forward to receiving a prompt reply from them - which I will post as soon as I receive it - to give me time to cancel the order and avoid the hassle of going to the Post Office or a Collect Plus location to return it before it's dispatched . . . if it is not.

Maybe I'm being suspicious/paranoid for no reason but the longer it remains on sale for pre-order the more so I become.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Just emailed The Hut about this listing requesting confirmation that what I've pre-ordered is indeed the Zavvi exclusive limited edition steelbook (and the keychain) as pictured on the product page.

The reason I did this is twofold :-

(1) Type in 'Steelbook' and 1 1/2 pages of steelbooks come up with all but 5 showing as 'Out of stock' and the DREDD steelbook nowhere to be seen on these pages.

(2) Type in 'Limited Edition Steelbook' and the DREDD steelbook does come up with the following description "Dredd 3D (including 2D) version with Limited Edition Exclusive Numbered Keychain (2,500 only)".

No mention of steelbook in the listing below the picture of the steelbook (though the price is the same as the Zavvi steelbook price of RRP GBP 24.99 with "Save 36% GBP 15.99" - not that that means anything) .

Click on the single product page and there is the same description, in large print, next to the picture of the steelbook but there is "Blu-ray" added at the end after "(2,500 only)" - "DREDD 3D (INCLUDING 2D) VERSION WITH LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE NUMBERED KEYCHAIN (2,500 ONLY) BLU-RAY".
The picture is of the steelbook and not of a plastic cased edition.
The large print makes no mention of steelbook BUT under 'Product Description' we have " Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook - Limited to 2,500 - includes ZBOX Exclusive Limited Edition Numbered ZBOX Keychain".

(3) Type in 'Dredd Blu-ray' and 2 items are shown - this one and a DVD edition.

I don't suppose I'm the only one to have pre-ordered this from The Hut thinking it is the steelbook and I look forward to receiving a prompt reply from them - which I will post as soon as I receive it - to give me time to cancel the order and avoid the hassle of going to the Post Office or a Collect Plus location to return it before it's dispatched . . . if it is not.

Maybe I'm being suspicious/paranoid for no reason but the longer it remains on sale for pre-order the more so I become.
It does say in the description that it is the SteelBook
The Hut.jpg

Well its in the description and it's also shows the picture of the steelbook so I think it's safe to say it's the steelbook. I have noticed before on zavvi that some times it doesn't say steelbook in the title, on the odd release. After all the key chain is only linked to the steelbook.