Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 10 August, 2015
Purchase: Dredd 3D or Zbox/Dredd Combo
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 2,500 only.
Per various responses to customers, key chains are being mailed separately.

dredd1.jpg

1.JPG 2.JPG dreddchain.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well its in the description and it's also shows the picture of the steelbook so I think it's safe to say it's the steelbook. I have noticed before on zavvi that some times it doesn't say steelbook in the title, on the odd release. After all the key chain is only linked to the steelbook.
I REALLY hope you are right and that the keychain is ONLY linked to the steelbook.

I REALLY hope you are right and that the keychain is ONLY linked to the steelbook.
The original listing had steelbook in the title but when they decided to include the keychain they updated the listing to be
Dredd 3D (Includes 2D Version) with Limited Edition Exclusive Numbered Keychain (2500 Only)

That's what is on Zavvi and the Hut Websites its the steelbook

Reactions: Ronnie3067
Thanks, guys, I feel a bit better now thanks to the above feedback.
This is certainly a most excellent and helpful community and I really appreciate all of your comments on this matter :happy:

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
First reply received from The Hut regarding my query/concern received today and reads:-
". . . I have escalated this to our operations team to investigate and we will aim to get back in touch within 24 - 48 hours with an update."
It goes without saying that I'll update here as soon as I hear more :)

First reply received from The Hut regarding my query/concern received today and reads:-
". . . I have escalated this to our operations team to investigate and we will aim to get back in touch within 24 - 48 hours with an update."
It goes without saying that I'll update here as soon as I hear more :)
So far so standard, hopefully the next reply will be more insightful. Cheers for the update mate.

The '3D' logo in the front is killing me.
I still don't have a steelbook for this movie... and I like the key chain... but I can't buy a steelbook with a '3D' logo...

So what has everyone done about this preorder?

I originally order at Zavvi for £24.99, over priced but what the hell. Then saw the Hut at £17.98 (with £1.99) postage, and put an order in. But this just seems too good to be true, and now I'm a bit worried.

I'm hoping the above guy gets a response soon, but it may be too late as this should dispatch any time now.

I don't want to receive 2 and then faff about returning one, but I also don't want to miss out. And if the Hut is genuine it's a £7 saving, worth having!

Interested to hear if anyone has been brave enough to cancel the Zavvi order and stick with the Hut. Decisions decisions huh!

So what has everyone done about this preorder?

I originally order at Zavvi for £24.99, over priced but what the hell. Then saw the Hut at £17.98 (with £1.99) postage, and put an order in. But this just seems too good to be true, and now I'm a bit worried.

I'm hoping the above guy gets a response soon, but it may be too late as this should dispatch any time now.

I don't want to receive 2 and then faff about returning one, but I also don't want to miss out. And if the Hut is genuine it's a £7 saving, worth having!

Interested to hear if anyone has been brave enough to cancel the Zavvi order and stick with the Hut. Decisions decisions huh!

I cancelled zavvi and went with the hut's cheaper option. Is there a problem with the hut i'm unaware of?:ohno:

I cancelled zavvi and went with the hut's cheaper option. Is there a problem with the hut i'm unaware of?:ohno:

Not a problem as such. The original Zavvi sold out very quickly, and yet the Hut is still showing as available for pre order, weeks after the listing went up. Just seems a bit odd, especially as so much cheaper.

Thanks for the quick replies though, think I will join you and cancel Zavvi and hope for the best :)

Reactions: chunk
Not a problem as such. The original Zavvi sold out very quickly, and yet the Hut is still showing as available for pre order, weeks after the listing went up. Just seems a bit odd, especially as so much cheaper.

Thanks for the quick replies though, think I will join you and cancel Zavvi and hope for the best :)
It is an odd situation for sure, I missed out on the original zavvi pre-order, and when I heard that the hut was selling the same steelbook and keychain for £15.99 (£9 cheaper than zavvi !), I obviously put an order in.

Of concern here is if the Hut listing is in error and all those who cancelled Zavvi and re-ordered with Hut, could potentially have the Hut orders cancelled (I have yet to hear this happening, and my order is still open) and be left without.

Do also bare in mind that both listings have had the 'steelbook' word removed from the title description, so if you go searching for steelbooks on either site, Dredd 3D will NOT show up, so people may not even realise it's there. I have to search for Dredd or Dredd 3D for it to show.

But we're all going to find out this week what the crack is with this, so many things to worry about, EIV quality control, how the keychain is going to be shipped (please don't stick it on top of the steelbook loose) and of course, if all out Hut orders are fulfilled or not....:thumbs:

Reactions: chunk
i ordered from the hut. but i cancelled yesterday. i think nova media will do better.

plus the studio producing this steel are infamous for crap transfers and even the steels themselves are no thrills. its just not worth it.

bit i do think its a steelbook since its in the product description. i think they have the stock too.

even if the nova media turns out to be disappointing, which i doubt, id rather have the japanese dredd steel than the zavvi

But we're all going to find out this week what the crack is with this, so many things to worry about, EIV quality control, how the keychain is going to be shipped (please don't stick it on top of the steelbook loose) and of course, if all out Hut orders are fulfilled or not....:thumbs:
As I've mentioned before, there's plenty of space in the regular white Zavvi/Hut steelbook shipping box, if the steelbook is at one end and not in the center. But obviously there would be more potential for a damaged steelbook than usually :cautious: