Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 10 August, 2015
Purchase: Dredd 3D or Zbox/Dredd Combo
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 2,500 only.
Per various responses to customers, key chains are being mailed separately.

dredd1.jpg

1.JPG 2.JPG dreddchain.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
. . . and the badge should be in a drawstring pouch (as pictured in the listing) to prevent possible cosmetic or other damage to the steelbook . . .
Still waiting :cautious:

. . . and the badge should be in a drawstring pouch (as pictured in the listing) to prevent possible cosmetic or other damage to the steelbook . . .
Still waiting :cautious:
The larger badge that came with the Zbox came in its own drawstring pouch so no reason to think any different for the key chain ;)

Just thought of something in favour of it being a steelbook that I hadn't thought of before and that's to do with the release dates.
The only U.K. / Worldwide 'Dredd' release set for the 10/8/15 is the Zavvi (and Hut ?) steelbook as far as I can see.
Previous 'Dredd' releases here and worldwide (3D/2D Blu-ray release in plastic case and DVD) were back in 2012 / 2013 - here it was on the 14/1/13.
To my knowledge the plastic cased edition is not being re-released on the 10/8/15 so that can be ruled out.
Anyway there's no good reason to re-release the Amaray (unless there's a better disc available now) as it's freely available and cheap too (GBP 6 on Amazon UK for example).
It makes sense to me to release this title in nice shiny new exclusive limited edition 'premium' packaging - and with a nice keychain to boot - and ask a premium price for it.

Last edited:
Just thought of something in favour of it being a steelbook that I hadn't thought of before and that's to do with the release dates.
The only U.K. / Worldwide 'Dredd' release set for the 10/8/15 is the Zavvi (and Hut ?) steelbook as far as I can see.
Previous 'Dredd' release here and worldwide (3D/2D Blu-ray release in plastic case and DVD) was back in 2012/2013 - here it was on the 14/1/13.
To my knowledge the plastic cased edition is not being re-released on the 10/8/15 so that can be ruled out and anyway there's no good reason to re-release the Amaray because it's freely available now and cheap as chips too (GBP 6 on Amazon UK for example).
The Hut listing is the exact same as the Zavvi listing with no differences except the price its a steelbook as it says this in the product description on both listings
They removed the mention of steelbook on Zavvi title listing when they updated to add Limited Edition Exclusive Numbered Keychain and that's why steelbook is not in the both listings in terms of the title listing they just forget to include steelbook when they updated the listing of the title

Release Date 10th August

11090757-1544296111473940.jpg

Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (7).png

Last edited:
... but what explains the large price difference?

EURO 35.99 Zavvi

EURO 23.05 Hut

I'd be bummed if both listings are for the same item - the same steelbook with the same Limited Edition Numbered Keychain - and I wouldn't think twice about cancelling the Zavvi and placing an order with The Hut.
It would be strange not to unless I was suspicious in any way of The Hut's listing.

As a frequent shopper at Zavvi and a very infrequent shopper at The Hut (my last purchase there was almost two years ago) I admit to feeling a bit out of my comfort zone as far as shopping at The Hut is concerned even though I realise they are the same company and that items bought from both most likely come from the same warehouse(s).

EURO 35.99 Zavvi

EURO 23.05 Hut

I'd be bummed if both listings are for the same item - the same steelbook with the same Limited Edition Numbered Keychain - and I wouldn't think twice about cancelling the Zavvi and placing an order with The Hut.
It would be strange not to unless I was suspicious in any way of The Hut's listing.

As a frequent shopper at Zavvi and a very infrequent shopper at The Hut (my last purchase there was almost two years ago) I admit to feeling a bit out of my comfort zone as far as shopping at The Hut is concerned even though I realise they are the same company and that items bought from both most likely come from the same warehouse(s).
They can charge what price they like and Zavvi includes shipping cost built into the price while Hut charge separate for shipping
Even though with Zavvi stating Free shipping its actually in the price

It not unusual for a parent company with different website having different prices of a same product
The Steelbook come from the same place but might use different packaging

There is still a considerable difference in price:-

Zavvi GBP 24.99 including free shipping

The Hut GBP 17.98 including shipping

Both use cardboard packaging and I doubt the white cardboard box is more expensive than the equally excellent thick cardboard wraparound packaging that the Hut use although the thin piece of foam protection may add a few pence to the Zavvi packaging and anyway the foam is surplus to requirements in The Hut packaging.

If Zavvi didn't have Free Shipping their price would most likely have been GBP 23 + GBP 1.99 P&P which is still expensive compared to The Hut's price.

P.S. The only reason I know about The Hut's packaging is because a steelbook that I ordered from Zavvi on the 30/8/15 as part of the Zavvi 10% off in stock steelbooks if bought with 'Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation' did not come in a Zavvi box but in The Hut packaging with no mention of Zavvi on the packaging.
The packaging has "If undelivered return to The Hut Group" with a full address on the sticker and as we know the Zavvi box has "If undelivered return to PO BOX 538, GY1 6HE" on the sticker.

Last edited:
There is still a considerable difference in price:-

Zavvi GBP 24.99 including free shipping

The Hut GBP 17.98 including shipping

Both use cardboard packaging and I doubt the white cardboard box is more expensive than the equally excellent thick cardboard wraparound packaging that the Hut use although the thin piece of foam protection may add a few pence to the Zavvi packaging and anyway the foam is surplus to requirements in The Hut packaging.

If Zavvi didn't have Free Shipping their price would most likely have been GBP 23 + GBP 1.99 P&P which is still expensive compared to The Hut's price.
It don't make any difference as a company they can list same products on any of their websites and also can have different prices
Its simple Order with the Hut for the cheaper price
If you get both just send the Zavvi one back for a refund

I would advice keeping both orders just incase its been oversold on the Hut Website and if you get both delivered keep the one you happy with the most in terms of condition

There was no way this sold out in 1 hour the day it went live and I suspect most did not fall for the Zbox combination that's still available and pay a crazy price and they decided to sell the steelbook on its own on the Hut instead of putting back available on the Zavvi website

Keep both orders and just send back the one you don't want for a refund

The Hut don't include free shipping you pay separate shipping of £1.99 if price is under £20.00
Only orders over £20.00 include free shipping and only for those on the UK
Outside of the UK for example Ireland its £3.99 ( €4.99 Euro Shipping cost)

http://www.thehut.com/articles/delivery-information.list

http://www.thehut.com/articles/international-delivery.list

The Hut Packaging from previous members mentioned sometimes they received a steelbook in a cardboard mailer
and other times the usual Zavvi white box

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316
. . . and get stuffed for the return P&P in the process - I don't think so.
I'd rather get a cast iron guarantee from The Hut ASAP that I will receive what is advertised and cancel my Zavvi order if I had one and avoid the unnecessary/costly/sometimes painful Zavvi returns process.
Time is pressing as dispatch notifications are surely due in only a matter of 2 - 3 days.

. . . and get stuffed for the return P&P in the process - I don't think so.
I'd rather get a cast iron guarantee from The Hut ASAP that I will receive what is advertised and cancel my Zavvi order if I had one and avoid the unnecessary/costly/sometimes painful Zavvi returns process.
Time is pressing as dispatch notifications are surely due in only a matter of 2 - 3 days.
That may not be the case with the Hut Website they might only start shipping after release date or may do earlier

Your wasting your time looking for a response from the Hut as you will get the same automated responses that Zavvi send when you ask about an order not shipped yet or a product listing on either website

Last edited:
I hope you are wrong about that and that their first communication included in my post no.1309 was not just hot air.

I do have a concern about The Hut's packaging for this steelbook / keychain in that both items will not fit well in the type of wraparound cardboard packaging that they used for my recent Zavvi order delivered at the week-end as there doesn't appear to be sufficient space at either end next to the steelbook to tuck in the pouched keychain.
A regular cardboard envelope would be no better space-wise.
Obviously one fear is that they decide to use padded envelopes for dispatch of these two items if only because the items do not fit in their regular cardboard packaging.
The best, safest and most appropriate packaging for these two items, out of the choices we can reasonably expect from a non-Amazon company, is clearly a Zavvi box.

EURO 35.99 Zavvi

EURO 23.05 Hut

Before it went live it was originally priced at £17.99. Then they increased the price and added the zbox bundle.

I think zavvi thought it would be that sought after, that people would buy the zbox bundle. Obviously didn't work.

Edit I think it was actually £15.99

Last edited:
Reactions: paulboland
Not sure I understand.

Are you saying that Zavvi pre-orders were GBP 15.99 and not 24.99 for the standalone steelbook ?

Or, are you saying that Zavvi pre-orders were originally GBP 15.99 and then increased to 42.99 with the ZBOX and that the standalone steelbook never had a 'live' pre-order price of GBP 24.99 ?