Votes: 129 44.8%
  • Type B

Votes: 159 55.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: December 23, 2015
Purchase links: One Click (OOS) - Black PET Slip - Red PET Slip - Lenticular Slip (OOS)
Price: $39.99 (PET or Lenti Slips) - $119 (One Click)

12182971_640513382719104_770370116814541632_o_jp.jpg 12247769_640513376052438_3548865314478355399_o_j.jpg 12239422_640513379385771_7779069545648233104_o_j.jpg

·TOTAL PRINT RUN : 4K (Domestic = 2K, International = 2K)
·PET SLIP BLACK EDITION : 950 Copies, Numbered
·PET SLIP RED EDITION : 950 Copies, Numbered
·LENTICULAR SLIP : 1,200 Copies, Numbered
·ONE CLICK : 300 Copies, Numbered (As same numbered PET SLIP BLACK EDITION + PET SLIP RED EDITION + Lenticular slip)
From Novamedia facebook :
Announcement] Novamedia Exclusive Blu-ray Steelbook No.8 [DREDD 2D + 3D]
We are happy to announce that [DREDD 3D] Steelbook
Steelbook will be released in this year.
Please stay tuned for more updates. Thanks!

Dear our customers
Today we would like to hear our valuable customer voice over exclusive steelbook artwork candidate of Dredd 3D
As we said before, Now Ahn Jeongsik in Pixtube, has working on Dredd 3D steelbook artwork
Mr. Ahn designed several candidate for Dredd 3D artwok then We internally discussed final artwork but We have decided to hear our customer voice over following two artwork candidates.
We kindly ask our customer to choose which artwork would be final artwork for steelbook and reply your comments on each of artwork candidate.
We will consider your valuable opinions about artwork then We will post final artwork soon here in Facebook.

We always thanks for your kind supports

Thank you
Novamedia.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sales of the steelbooks alone should warrant a sequel. :D

Come one Hollywood!
I'm afraid it only works that way with certain contracts.

Some movies, you only buy the license to distribute it. That's a one time fee.

After that, you still need to master it and compile your own menu's etc. Of course there are contracts where sales are intertwined with bonuses and additional fees, but with average sales under 4000 units....

Nah, it will likely not happen taking into account, sales of Steels.

If only mate but I don't think a few thousand sales will influence anything. [emoji53]

No obviously not, but I was referring to the global manufacturing of this title as a whole. Japan steel, Zavvi, Mondo, Nova, German mediabook, The Finnish one too etc..

Ironic that such a popular title gets the boot. Clearly there is a market. Perhaps they need to relook at it.

I'm afraid it only works that way with certain contracts.

Some movies, you only buy the license to distribute it. That's a one time fee.

After that, you still need to master it and compile your own menu's etc. Of course there are contracts where sales are intertwined with bonuses and additional fees, but with average sales under 4000 units....

Nah, it will likely not happen taking into account, sales of Steels.

But surely if the studio thinks there's demand for a particular title, a sequel could happen. If the movie is pitched to them and they have confidence this will work plus a step up in marketing, the sequel could be a hit and even spawn a franchise. *drools*

I didn't hear about this movie until after it was released. And I've read about the cinema not showing 2D screenings, that couldn't have helped the Box Office.

EEK!:ohno: Dredd 2 and 3 sounded awesome! I think this film was too niche for some people, not commercial enough and standardised enough for the general public. Comparing to the avengers, which I love also, which was very predicatable in its story, action sequences, comedy and editing. Give people more of what they love and they will watch it. Things that strive to be different always struggle but have real hardcore fans. Maybe i'm making no sence!! :dead:

But surely if the studio thinks there's demand for a particular title, a sequel could happen. If the movie is pitched to them and they have confidence this will work plus a step up in marketing, the sequel could be a hit and even spawn a franchise. *drools*

I didn't hear about this movie until after it was released. And I've read about the cinema not showing 2D screenings, that couldn't have helped the Box Office.

Yes I agree that the almost exclusively 3D showings must of hurt the box office takings, despite the film being one of the most visualy stylish movies to use the format, the 3D bubble had pretty much burst by the time of the film's release.

It really is a crying shame that it's unlikely we'll see a well deserved series of Dredd movies-the character really deserves one! :grumpy:

Well there can't be that much of a following for this movie as if there was enough they would make a sequel. It bombed at the cinema, where was the demand when it was released?

Well there can't be that much of a following for this movie as if there was enough they would make a sequel. It bombed at the cinema, where was the demand when it was released?
Actually the reason it failed was America. It was Number 1 at the UK box office and won many awards including film of the year in several publications.

In the US it bombed because many thought it was a sequel or remake of the Sly film not knowing the source material. It wasn't marketed there very well, with the studio not understanding that America in general doesn't know the comic.

Reactions: Ashisarobot
Actually the reason it failed was America. It was Number 1 at the UK box office and won many awards including film of the year in several publications.

In the US it bombed because many thought it was a sequel or remake of the Sly film not knowing the source material. It wasn't marketed there very well, with the studio not understanding that America in general doesn't know the comic.
It was a marketing failure wholesale. In ALL territories the poster said DREDD 3D. That was an albatross around its neck. People thought it was ONLY showing in 3D. I have heard this from many people in the UK as well.
It was a straight-up marketing disaster.