Drew Struzan - Oeuvre (Limited Edition Hardcover) [UK]

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release date: July 30, 2011
Purchase links: ForbiddenPlanet.com
Price: £100
Notes: 1000 copies, individually numbered and signed by Drew Struzan. Slipcased edition includes an oversized (360 x 260mm) cloth-bound dustjacketed edition of the book with a bound-in signature sheet, and comes with a signed and numbered print in an envelope
This sumptuous hardcover edition, with a foreword by George Lucas, features over 250 pieces of artwork, including all of Drew's most iconic movie images, as well as other highlights from his career, including album, book and comic book covers, stamps, trading cards, promotional artwork and very personal original works.

Video: https://media.forbiddenplanet.com/product_media/video/DrewStruzan.webm

_mg_5309.jpg
_mg_5301.jpg
_mg_5338.jpg
_mg_5333.jpg

There's also a regular edition, "just" the book without the slipcase and print. Without the autographs. And with different cover artwork.

Release date:
October 4, 2011
Purchase links: Amazon UK / Amazon US / Amazon DE
Price: £29.99 / $35.95 / EUR 36,63

71REy6Q9P2L.jpg

Received this from Forbidden Planet today and it's a gem! So glad I got this especially because of the print since I don't got enough wall space to buy the "real" size what was recently released.
This fits my wall perfectly. The book is well-made, bleeds quality and the artwork is amazing. All of his artworks included and since he's already 70 years old I thought it's maybe the last chance to get something signed for a okay-price.

Here are some shots of mine:

FullSizeRender-9.jpg
FullSizeRender-4.jpg

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

FullSizeRender-5.jpg
FullSizeRender-8.jpg
IMG_8117.JPG

IMG_8116.JPG
FullSizeRender-6.jpg

FullSizeRender-7.jpg
FullSizeRender-3.jpg

@tridon @mllNY @martinouchou @spass @charlie1533pr @Wreck @apsmith21 @digitalbabe

Oh! Damn, that looks awesome. Are there much text also in the book Daniel? How much was the shipping?

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Received this from Forbidden Planet today and it's a gem! So glad I got this especially because of the print since I don't got enough wall space to buy the "real" size what was recently released.
This fits my wall perfectly. The book is well-made, bleeds quality and the artwork is amazing. All of his artworks included and since he's already 70 years old I thought it's maybe the last chance to get something signed for a okay-price.

Here are some shots of mine:

@tridon @mllNY @martinouchou @spass @charlie1533pr @Wreck @apsmith21 @digitalbabe

That's a beauty! Wow!! What the dimensions on the book? Is it rather large?

• Thanks
Oh! Damn, that looks awesome. Are there much text also in the book Daniel? How much was the shipping?

No not much text. It's like 300 pages and theres I would guess 10-15 pages text. Foreword by George Lucas (1 page). Everything else pure art.

I ordered five Hardcover to Germany and it was 18 GBP shipping. But this book alone cost probably 18 GBP shipping to Germany. Good thing is if you order this and lets say also a pre-order in July then it's 18 GBP and they ship you the available book now and the pre-order when it's released without additional cost. That's how you can save on shipping if you buy more/regularly.

That's a beauty! Wow!! What the dimensions on the book? Is it rather large?

Here's a size comparison for you:

FullSizeRender-10.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Don't know who is Struzan fan but I send out more tags: @Sigill @cooey @Noodles @C2V3N @Flloydo @comICS-soon @C.C. 95

No not much text. It's like 300 pages and theres I would guess 10-15 pages text. Foreword by George Lucas (1 page). Everything else pure art.

I ordered five Hardcover to Germany and it was 18 GBP shipping. But this book alone cost probably 18 GBP shipping to Germany. Good thing is if you order this and lets say also a pre-order in July then it's 18 GBP and they ship you the available book now and the pre-order when it's released without additional cost. That's how you can save on shipping if you buy more/regularly.

View attachment 312832 View attachment 312831

Don't know who is Struzan fan but I send out more tags: @Sigill @cooey @Noodles @C2V3N @Flloydo @comICS-soon @C.C. 95

Oh wow mate, he's one of the best. The big trouble is one of my favs and I forget he did hook.

Stunning release mate. Very jealous and a excellent size too

If I had the cash I would 100% get this.

• Thanks

View attachment 312832 View attachment 312831

Thanks for the tag Dan... this looks amazing! :OMG:

He's easily one of my favourite artists, so I have to own this... only problem is I don't have £100 right now. Has it really been available on their site since 2011 though? If so, then I'm guessing I should be ok to wait until I can afford it... hopefully. :ohno:

• Thanks
Thanks for the tag Dan... this looks amazing! :OMG:

He's easily one of my favourite artists, so I have to own this... only problem is I don't have £100 right now. Has it really been available on their site since 2011 though? If so, then I'm guessing I should be ok to wait until I can afford it... hopefully. :ohno:

Even before the regular edition I just learned. It was July 2011 http://titanbooks.com/drew-struzan-oeuvre-limited-edition-5709/
Btw, Titan Books and Forbidden Planet are the same company..

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles
I'm surprised it's still available then to be honest. Thanks for the info mate. :thumbs:

I think because it's pricey. When you look at 18GBP for the regular book and 100GBP for the limited one. But Struzan is 70 years old. He did some of the most iconic movie artworks ever.
I hope he'll live for another 100 years but yeah he's sadly old. So I didn't want to miss the chance to own his whole work in one book signed by himself. I think it's very worth the bucks!

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Okay, so if it's been available for a couple years already, I'll wait a little longer until the funds are available. Just do me a favour, @dan8885 -- stop tagging people so it doesn't sell out on me. :LOL:

• Thanks
I think because it's pricey. When you look at 18GBP for the regular book and 100GBP for the limited one. But Struzan is 70 years old. He did some of the most iconic movie artworks ever.
I hope he'll live for another 100 years but yeah he's sadly old. So I didn't want to miss the chance to own his whole work in one book signed by himself. I think it's very worth the bucks!
Good point! £18 obviously does look a lot better than £100, and I guess some people don't care about signatures. But like you said... you don't get many chances to own something signed by such a legendary artist, and those chances will only become rarer because of his age. It's similar to John Carpenter... as depressing as it sounds, I'd love to get something signed by him ASAP for similar reasons.

• Thanks