Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Drive (FutureShop Exclusive Packaging)

drive.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one!

Lol, I won't ask (bet it cost a fortune!) :whistle::LOL:

Remember how I got mine in jan 2013. I had 2 Iron Man play.com steels and traded one for this. Don't regret it. ;)
Define "fortune" :hilarious: But seriously, leaving it this late to pick one up was a mission in itself and to find such a mint copy :D I'm in love all over again :drool::rofl: I received offers even from various HDN members and for more than what I paid for this :whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and spass
Within the past couple of weeks or so buddy, yep :thumbs: Thankfully found as mint a copy as I could ever hope for and for a price I was willing to pay :D And before you ask, my lips are staying sealed :censored::naughty::LOL:

Congrats on just getting one now -- and in such great condition! Wow!

I can't believe that I once stared at a whole shelf full of these. I could've bought at least a dozen. Same goes for the Iron Man SteelBook. Future Shop sure gave the world a lot of gems.

• Thanks
Reactions: ran94 and Mickle_89

I can't believe that I once stared at a whole shelf full of these. I could've bought at least a dozen. Same goes for the Iron Man SteelBook. Future Shop sure gave the world a lot of gems.
Thanks buddy :thumbs: I would loved to have been there in the shop upon its release! :OMG: Did you buy just the one copy at least? I would have been there flicking through dozens of copies to find the best one :hilarious:

I wasn't even collecting back in the Futureshop days but I agree, there are some real gems out there thanks to them :notworthy: I mean, this slip is frickin' amazing and by far my favourite slipcover art for DRIVE :drool: I love my NovaMedia Fullslip but this is just something else entirely :joy::cool:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and harry

I think about that constantly. I wasn't really in the collecting game until around 2013/2014. The run from 2008-2012 was amazing for rare stuff at Future Shop. I remember looking at the Drive Slipcover, Iron Man Steelbooks, all the Disney metal packs, and many times considering buying the Harry Potter steels. I remember thinking how cool the Harry Potter and Voldemort editions were, and wondering why there were only like 4 or 5 left of them when there were 20 of each other one. Silly me... all of this stuff is now worth like $150-300 each now individually!

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Thanks buddy :thumbs: I would loved to have been there in the shop upon its release! :OMG: Did you buy just the one copy at least? I would have been there flicking through dozens of copies to find the best one :hilarious:

I wasn't even collecting back in the Futureshop days but I agree, there are some real gems out there thanks to them :notworthy: I mean, this slip is frickin' amazing and by far my favourite slipcover art for DRIVE :drool: I love my NovaMedia Fullslip but this is just something else entirely :joy::cool:

GRAIL :cool::cigar:

Did anyone else buy at release? I remember seeing the listing come up and the art used to showcase the slip. It looked a bit more cartoony, bright and colourful in the stock photo. Still I was sure it'd look neat in hand.

Then it arrived and I was just a bit... :wacky::wtf::emb::woot::confused::p:wow::drool::giggle::oohyeah::happy:.

I trust it wasn't just me. :rofl:

I originally bought three copies of Drive when it came out; one for me, one for my brother, and one for an old forum friend who's no longer around. I could've easily bought a dozen of them, though... especially since I knew everyone at the Future Shop where I shopped because I worked there for years prior to. Future Shop's Drive is easily my favourite slipcover of all-time. :drool:

I think about that constantly. I wasn't really in the collecting game until around 2013/2014. The run from 2008-2012 was amazing for rare stuff at Future Shop. I remember looking at the Drive Slipcover, Iron Man Steelbooks, all the Disney metal packs, and many times considering buying the Harry Potter steels. I remember thinking how cool the Harry Potter and Voldemort editions were, and wondering why there were only like 4 or 5 left of them when there were 20 of each other one. Silly me... all of this stuff is now worth like $150-300 each now individually!

I was right in the Blu-ray game when Drive was released, but unfortunately, I was still buying DVDs when the Iron Man SteelBook was released. I looked at it in-store and thought it looked great, but ended up just going with the DVD because I didn't have a Blu-ray player. I bought a bunch of DVD SteelBooks from Future Shop in the past and never heard of any of them exploding on the aftermarket, so I really didn't think anything of the Iron Man SteelBook. Boy, was I wrong. :banghead:

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
Did anyone else buy at release? I remember seeing the listing come up and the art used to showcase the slip. It looked a bit more cartoony, bright and colourful in the stock photo. Still I was sure it'd look neat in hand.

Then it arrived and I was just a bit... :wacky::wtf::emb::woot::confused::p:wow::drool::giggle::oohyeah::happy:.

I still react that way every time I look at it... easily the coolest slip out there! :cool:

IMG_0489.JPG

Nope

I still want a figure from WheresChappel.
I'm almost positive he'll do the Drive ones again at some point... he often claims he'll never redo them, but does eventually. I'm waiting for him to do another wave of Tyler Durden's which he put up for sale the same time as Driver... I could only afford one at the time though unfortunately, so obviously went for Drive. Will let you know if I hear anything anyway dude. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I'm almost positive he'll do the Drive ones again at some point... he often claims he'll never redo them, but does eventually. I'm waiting for him to do another wave of Tyler Durden's which he put up for sale the same time as Driver... I could only afford one at the time though unfortunately, so obviously went for Drive. Will let you know if I hear anything anyway dude. ;)

I love that little Driver. I desperately wanted his Wolverine, but he only put them on eBay and they went for ridiculous prices.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles

Yeah, I picked up a few of them for some people. I kept three of them for my collection.

Well it's that time of the year again. Another one sells on the black market for a ludacris amount and sets a new record IMO the least amount of bids to reach $100. Just 10 bids. Marvel Phase One Sets gets 3x more bids than that, WTF????

Last edited: