The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 23rd, 2014
Purchase link: Drive
Price: $14.99
Group Buy: apsmith21

Part of the Sony Catalogue Wave Best Buy Exclusive (16 titles)

drive.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They should have put Max Headroom on the back. :confused:

My main concern with this is if the overall art is as pale and lacking in a nice crushed black and pink that pops with a matte finish. I've always liked the Driver art but it really needs vibrant deep tones/gloss to work on a steel imo.

Got shipping confirmation today. I ordered 3 copies along with RAID and Bestbuy shipped all of them seperately. I wonder what is going on with folks in that company. Hopefully it comes in ontime b4 release incase there are any issues with damage.

I prefer Nova media's steelbook much better than this in terms of quality and artwork and regarding the HMV edition that to is a nice steel edition to have for Drive I would not sell it for this release as that stands out more than this in all formats but everyone has their own opinion...

This isn't actually too bad, it's just that there are 2 better looking versions with the Mondo and Nova media editions.

Is that a definite release date of November 23rd which is a Sunday? You would think it would be released on a Tuesday which is the majority of new release day of steelbooks & blu rays

Sunday is typically the day that the sales circular will switch over to the next week (when last week's new releases sale price ends), so it's not totally unusual.

They've already begun shipping most peoples items, and considering they are catalog releases, I think they don't need to stick to a "Tuesday" for a release day.

Also remember that many Best Buys are stocked by an outside company in their blu-ray section, so you might want to call ahead on Sunday to make sure they are on the shelf before you make the trip to your local store.

Reactions: pug81 and MGD