The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 23rd, 2014
Purchase link: Drive
Price: $14.99
Group Buy: apsmith21

Part of the Sony Catalogue Wave Best Buy Exclusive (16 titles)

drive.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I just don't understand the appeal of this movie? I thought it was depressing and slow paced, with no replay value. Why does this movie have 7+ (I've lost count) steelbook releases, and other better, more important movies have ZERO?

Someone please explain it to me. I'm not trolling or hating on those that like this movie, but it seems like there are 20 threads dedicated to different DRIVE steelbooks.

Maybe I just don't understand the appeal of this movie? I thought it was depressing and slow paced, with no replay value. Why does this movie have 7+ (I've lost count) steelbook releases, and other better, more important movies have ZERO?

Someone please explain it to me. I'm not trolling or hating on those that like this movie, but it seems like there are 20 threads dedicated to different DRIVE steelbooks.
It's all opinion but the reason why I love this movie is that its dark and mysterious, the score and cinematography go hand in hand. Everything with this movie just fits right in my opinion. It's not a normal action movie and the LA setting makes for a stylish, grim, gritty feel to it. The movie has been noted as one of the biggest indie films in recent years and is considered a cult classic with a good following. The artistic feel of the movie makes for many different options when it comes to releases.

@spass I bought a few for another member, but I can't open it. Sorry. There are monsters inside that will come out!!

No worries....They're not going to bite...

images

You might answered your own question. ;)

It's only 6 steelbook's released. :p

What movies do you have in mind? (I'm not trolling either, just curious and we might agree, hehe.)

It's all opinion but the reason why I love this movie is that its dark and mysterious, the score and cinematography go hand in hand. Everything with this movie just fits right in my opinion. It's not a normal action movie and the LA setting makes for a stylish, grim, gritty feel to it. The movie has been noted as one of the biggest indie films in recent years and is considered a cult classic with a good following. The artistic feel of the movie makes for many different options when it comes to releases.

Good answer. Perhaps I need to watch it again? I know that some of my favorite movies are NOT other's favorites. It would be nice to get individual steelbooks for Star Wars OT with some good artwork...I could go on, but this is a DRIVE thread. I'll see myself out...:)