Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release Date: January 30, 2012
Original link: HMV.com (Sold-out)
Price: £12.99 :D

drivefront.jpg

driveback.jpg

Official Hi-Def Ninja:

Actual pics: (Thanks to megabee & Elena)
ukodrive1.jpg

ukodrive2.jpg

ukodrive3.jpg

No inside artwork
01022012391.jpg

Attachments

• actual_back_sheet.jpg
    actual_back_sheet.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 530
  • actual_front.jpg
    actual_front.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 518
  • actual_spine.jpg
    actual_spine.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 564
  • Drive.jpg
    Drive.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 595
Last edited by a moderator:
I swear most people are blind! I saw a listing for a steelbook on eBay the other day. Listed as like new, excellent/mint condition. The photo of the back showed some very noticeable scratches. I emailed to check what was right the photo or his description to which he replied: thanks for pointing that out, never noticed those scratches!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmm, received it today. Well packaged but I guess he didn't notice this on the front. Why do people list as like new when it obviously isn't. Especially sought after steelbooks that are priced high. :(

He's said I can return it. What to do...?

Where you looking

Hair line scratch on the front, look under he's right ear. Personally I would keep it but if you want to return it, I'd be happy to take it off your hands :thumbs:

Where you looking

Ha. Take it you're joking. It's just that 4" scratch straight through Goslings head. ;)

That seller is shocking. As if you would miss that. You deserve better mate. Send it back... It's too nice a steel to be accepting a copy like that "like new" ....what is wrong with some of these sellers!

Part of the "my definition of mint may be different to your own" brigade.

I'm annoyed and it's not even me that bought it!

I take it this was purchased on eBay? In this digital era, there's no reason why there can't be pics included for a high end collectors item.

If there's no pics, or they won't supply you with a pic or two on request, then keep away. Coz I've learned that if something's too good to be true then there's a catch!

He didn't argue when I messaged him so makes me think he knew it was there. My option is to return and get my money back or a partial refund and keep it. Decisions.

That seller is shocking. As if you would miss that. You deserve better mate. Send it back... It's too nice a steel to be accepting a copy like that "like new" ....what is wrong with some of these sellers!

Part of the "my definition of mint may be different to your own" brigade.

I'm annoyed and it's not even me that bought it!

By the looks of that scratch it probably happened during the manufacturing process, so "technically" it is like new, just with a fault.

The seller should definitely have made it clear though.

By the looks of that scratch it probably happened during the manufacturing process, so "technically" it is like new, just with a fault.

The seller should definitely have made it clear though.

Looks like any old scratch to me mate. Even if you were right, this is not damage under the J card, it's smack bang on the middle front section.

If you know it's there, it's new with defects and should have been listed. In my opinion, just another eBay seller too worried about losing £££ if they were to be honest and disclose the damage.

Karma. I should not really let it get to me, but it annoys me when people try and rip each other off.

Edit : check below, to the actual eBay listing- notice the bad lighting shot?? Looks like someone is hiding the damage.

Oh what's this, another pic in a crumpled plastic sleeve- that seller knew what he was doing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261480482941

Last edited:
^Exactly what I thought when I looked back at the eBay pics. Waiting to hear back from him regarding what partial refund he's offering.

Looks like any old scratch to me mate. Even if you were right, this is not damage under the J card, it's smack bang on the middle front section.

If you know it's there, it's new with defects and should have been listed. In my opinion, just another eBay seller too worried about losing £££ if they were to be honest and disclose the damage.

Karma. I should not really let it get to me, but it annoys me when people try and rip each other off.

Edit : check below, to the actual eBay listing- notice the bad lighting shot?? Looks like someone is hiding the damage.

Oh what's this, another pic in a crumpled plastic sleeve- that seller knew what he was doing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261480482941

Oh I don't deny for a second that the seller was trying to hide it, I stated that clearly.

I've had people do this to me before with all sots, whether steelbooks or other things. This is why eBay is such a crapshoot.

^Exactly what I thought when I looked back at the eBay pics. Waiting to hear back from him regarding what partial refund he's offering.

Do what makes you happy mate. This title will be obtainable, but with patience. There are excellent copies out there.

Good luck either way dude :thumbs:

Reactions: Smisla
Sending it back. Offered to refund me £5. There's other marks aswell plus even the slipcover isn't mint.

Fed up of getting damaged/scratched steelbooks from eBay and retailers. An expensive hobby and a lot of messing about returning and complaining.

Only purchasing must haves from now on and only keeping my absolute favourites. Sorry for the moan. :)

^ I've found eBay sellers are still more trustworthy than Amazon marketplace sellers. With eBay you still get people who try to mislead you, but I can't recall how many "Used - Like New" steelbooks I've bought since last year all arriving in sub-par condition, scratches, dents, paint chips etc. I think they grade the disc other than the steelbook case.

But best get back to main discussion I guess :thumbs:

I too have had issues with a seller sending me a scratched copy. It was on the gloss "DRIVE" on the top right of the word. I was offered a £5 refund but couldn't stand the damage, sent that little bugger back! :/

Probably a crazy theory, but have you tried gently wiping the scratch with a cloth. I had something similar on a few old Steelbooks and it seemed to do the trick. Is it actually engrained into the surface?

Reactions: Smisla
Probably a crazy theory, but have you tried gently wiping the scratch with a cloth. I had something similar on a few old Steelbooks and it seemed to do the trick. Is it actually engrained into the surface?

Gave it all a good wipe down with a cloth and it's definitely a scratch. In the end he refunded me £7 so got it for £25 which I think is still a good deal. It's only in the right/wrong light that you can see it. Used £17.50 nectar points when I paid so it really only cost me £7.50 so not too unhappy. Hoping the Mondo edition happens and hopefully get a mint copy of that instead. :)