martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Drive by Rory Kurtz
24"x36" Screen Print, Edition of 375
Printed by D&L Screenprinting
$50

On sale online at a random time on Thursday, January 5th.

Mondo" said:
DRIVE remains one of our favorite movies of the last few years. Ryan Gosling instantly cemented his portrayal of the “Driver” as a modern cinematic icon, and director Nicolas Winding Refn expertly used an equally iconic L.A. setting as more than just a backdrop as the city took on a character in itself amongst the violence and mystery at play. Rory Kurtz blew us away with his output in 2016 and when he told us he loved the film, we knew immediately this was a perfect fusion of artist and property. He did not disappoint.

Drive.jpg

Feel sorry for Jonathan Burton getting @ replies from hundreds of people slagging off mondo on twitter. I don't want to be sour about it but sucks it was late being on the page and sold out as soon as it did. Wish I knew @martinouchou 's tricks before haha

good to see they are working on the problem regarding bots and re-sellers, but that problem exists for 2-3 years now and they still didn't come up with the solution.

https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/product-release-faqs great sorry not sorry article here following yesterday.

I just wish the item could stay in the cart for at least 5 minutes to complete checkout once you've added it to the cart. I had the Drive in my cart yesterday and lost it while completing the checkout. That's usually my luck with Mondo drops. Always in the cart, but never through the checkout.

I just wish the item could stay in the cart for at least 5 minutes to complete checkout once you've added it to the cart. I had the Drive in my cart yesterday and lost it while completing the checkout. That's usually my luck with Mondo drops. Always in the cart, but never through the checkout.
Thing is, it would actually be the same.. The people that were faster than you would have gotten their cart locked for 5min and you wouldn't even have been able to get it in your cart. The only way to have it, is to be among the 375 fastest.

$50 seemed a bit cheap for this. Wonder if there is a color variant for some appearance , con, or event later. I'm very happy for Mondo tho. I missed out on it and want it but hey that's life and the name of the game. I'm sure I'll track it down sometime some day at a later point.

Companies need successes as not every release is a success and these are the types that help fuel it all.