Invada Drive - OST by Cliff Martinez (5th Anniversary Re-release)

spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: September 30th, 2016
Purchase links: Invada (Sold out)
Price: 25,99 GBP

Notes: One-off pressing numbered mail-order exclusive variant in purple/clear colored vinyl, Comes with 22" x 11" Fold out poster, Brand New artwork by John Bergin, Deluxe gatefold sleeve with inner booklet, Sleeve notes by director Nicholas Winding Refn & composer Cliff Martinez

Untitled-2_1024x1024.jpg

9129d2d5-f3b9-4ad4-b830-593b2386cc3c_1024x1024.jpeg

Poster:
Screen_Shot_2016-08-26_at_14.07.45_1024x1024.png

**This is a pre-sale for a one-off pressing & will ship around 30th September. Once these are sold out they are sold out. MAXIMUM 2 PER PERSON.**

This Individually Numbered Mail-order Exclusive Special Edition Features Brand New Liner Notes, Artwork & Exclusive Vinyl Colour, not available anywhere else in the world except for this store.

Cliff Martinez's iconic soundtrack to the cult classic film 'Drive' by Nicolas Winding Refn is turning 5, and to mark the anniversary, Invada Records and Lakeshore Records will be co-releasing a limited edition version of the soundtrack. This features Martinez's score and all other music used in the film, including the legendary tracks by College, Kavinsky and Desire.

Cliff Martinez has made a name for himself as one of the soundtrack world's most innovative composers, having worked on many other classics such as Solaris, Far Cry 4, The Neon Demon and Lincoln Lawyer.

This release will feature brand new liner notes written by the film's director Nicolas Winding Refn, and also by the score's composer Cliff Martinez. Pictured above, this edition is also presented with stunning new artwork by Lakeshore art director John Bergin.

Please Note This is:

The Mail order Exclusive Ltd Edition

• Purple & Clear 'half n half' coloured vinyl double LP
  • Comes with 22" x 11" Fold out poster (see picture)
  • Poster design by Rizon Parein
  • Each LP is individually numbered
  • Brand New artwork by John Bergin
  • Deluxe gatefold sleeve with inner booklet
  • Sleeve notes by director Nicholas Winding Refn & composer Cliff Martinez

Tracklisting:
01. Kavinsky & Lovefoxxx - Nightcall
02. Desire - Under Your Spell
03. College feat. Electric Youth - A Real Hero
04. Riz Ortolani feat. Katyana Ranieri - Oh My Love
05. Chromatics - Tick Of The Clock

All Remaining Tracks By Cliff Martinez
06. Rubber Head
07. I Drive
08. He Had A Good Time
09. They Broke His Pelvis
10. Kick Your Teeth
11. Where's The Deluxe Version?
12. See You In Four
13. After The Chase
14. Hammer
15. Wrong Floor
16. Skull Crushing
17. My Name On A Car
18. On The Beach
19. Bride Of Deluxe

There is also a 'Neon Pink' Retail Version which will be available in stores worldwide from September 30th until 31st December only, after which it will be discontinued.

1.jpg

- Neon Pink Coloured Vinyl Double LP
- Brand new artwork & Packaging by John Bergin
- Deluxe Gatefold Sleeve with never before seen inner booklet
- Sleeve notes by Director Nicholas Winding Refn and composer Cliff Martinez

Links & Prices for the "Neon Pink" Retail version:

Germany: Amazon.de - 35,41 EUR
UK: Amazon.co.uk - 24,63 GBP / zavvi.com - 39,99 GBP
US: Amazon.com - $42.99
CA: Amazon.ca - 54 CAD

And, announced for Black Friday is the third and last re-release for the 5th Anniversary:

Release: November 25th, 2016
Purchase: Invada
Price: 25,99 GBP

Notes: One-off pressing numbered mail-order exclusive variant 'Clear With Purple Blob' variant, individually numbered and limited to 1,000 copies, comes with 22" x 11" Fold out poster, Brand New artwork by John Bergin, Deluxe gatefold sleeve with inner booklet, Sleeve notes by director Nicholas Winding Refn & composer Cliff Martinez

dbeb568b-3fc7-43ec-adca-815ccd7d9bf8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. The Neon lights look beautiful. I think Refn got the same festish for those neon lights like me :LOL:
Maybe I need to double dip when the price is not to crazy

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
You can never have enough Drive vinyls Daniel! :whistle: And I'm still missing some.

View attachment 259407

Damn, that's a serious Drive collection you got there :notworthy::notworthy:

The only two things I really would want to add to my collection are the canadian Scorpion Slipcover and the Mondo Vinyl. But both impossible expensive :squint:

I like the Neon lights cover here so when the vinyl is fancy and when it's a Gatefold sleeve I'll probably bite :p

But yeah, I like the Neon lights cover here so when the vinyl is fancy and when it's a Gatefold sleeve I'll probably bite :p

I like the fact that it will only be avail for 3 months. Makes it a little bit more special.

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Cheers for the tag buddy... you know I'm in for this! :D

I actually saw Invada post a tease about this yesterday, but expected it just to be a repressing with a different coloured vinyl or something, so the fact that it's not is great news! I just hope they're not planning to release a new anniversary edition every 5 years... I'm not sure my wallet would survive. :ohno:

You can never have enough Drive vinyls Daniel! :whistle: And I'm still missing some.

View attachment 259407
Didn't see this before... awesome collection dude! :thumbs:

A lot of editions I don't own in there, and a lot I did once own but decided to sell because space was becoming an issue.

I still hope to get my hands on that Mondo print some day though! :cool:

PS. What's the very first edition (top left) in that photo?

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and spass
Thanks Nick. :)

What's the very first edition (top left) in that photo?

Swedish website moviezine.se had a competition and this have a print run of 6! It's an official release, released by SF who have the rights to Drive in Sweden.

Gotta thank @Hooch for the heads up at the time and winning this on a swedish auction site for me. :)

LZnGFk.jpg
1X43G8.jpg
mTCM8g.jpg
C3xjin.jpg

Thanks Nick. :)

Swedish website moviezine.se had a competition and this have a print run of 6! It's an official release, released by SF who have the rights to Drive in Sweden.

Gotta thank @Hooch for the heads up at the time and winning this on a swedish auction site for me. :)

LZnGFk.jpg
1X43G8.jpg
mTCM8g.jpg
C3xjin.jpg

Vert cool! Congrats on the win mate. :)

Reminds me of the time I won a Drive comp on Facebook (prize was some official promo stuff like gloves and toothpicks etc that were housed in some fancy box), but the message about me winning went in to the filtered/spam part of my inbox, so by the time I spotted it I was too late as they'd already chosen another winner. :cry:

Vert cool! Congrats on the win mate. :)

Reminds me of the time I won a Drive comp on Facebook (prize was some official promo stuff like gloves and toothpicks etc that were housed in some fancy box), but the message about me winning went in to the filtered/spam part of my inbox, so by the time I spotted it I was too late as they'd already chosen another winner. :cry:

Really! Lol, god damn! :p

I think I have seen pics of that promo box and it was very cool. :( ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Cheers for the tag mate

Hah, I finally bought the invada pink vinyl the other week!

Depending on the vinyl colour I'll think about it but im not massive on the the art for the sleeve. I'd rather see live shots

@Sigill @martinouchou @Travis Bickle @SteelbookGenius666 @TobinFrost
Thanks for tag ;) Saw this on Instagram earlier :) I was actually thinking about buying the PINK version yesterday ^^ Will probably buy it anyway, but I'll buy this one also for sure !! It's nice to have a different cover for once :) Can't wait to see the LP artwork !

View attachment 259407
You have to go to Redroom to get them all :D

@Flloydo thanks for the tag just recently got the Gold Vinyl edition but might be tempted depending on the final package problem is so much stuff coming out soon Bowie boxset + Man who Fell to Earth Vinyl set also Waxworks releasing 'Leon' soundtrack :rolleyes: @spass can only agree with @Sigill Amazing Drive collection :thumbs:

I did not know about the Leon waxwork vinyl! I'll check it out. Away at the money so wifi is sparse.

Yeah also got that ordered and I just paid antman blufans GB, deadpool many GB, a few other things so I serioulsy can't spend anymore until the last day of the month

But like I said I need to see live shots, I doubt it will sell out straight away although being drive who the **** knows

But yeah literally picked up the link Vivaldi about 13 days ago

Still need to post pics of the vinyl purchase of the last 2 1/12 months (since I've been collecting again)