Dunkirk - In theaters July 21st, 2017

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Dunkirk (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]War[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE], [GENRE]History[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Christopher Nolan[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Kenneth Branagh[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mark Rylance[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tom Hardy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harry Styles[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Cillian Murphy[/ACTOR]

Plot: The story of the Dunkirk evacuation which took place at the beginning of World War II.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
wWUnA2DItzGsA3v2s7vrPvUZir2.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Hanz zimmer gets about , he's always done great scores:joy: definitely looking forward to seeing this but will wait for the blu ray or going to the cinema alone:bag::rofl:

i went alone on 2.40pm showing when is quiet best, you can then give the film you full attention without any distractions. its one of those you want to be glued to the screen and take on the full immersion of what nolan has done. its superb now all i need is some steelbook annoucements for the uk now :D
i'm really surprised only america has done so far. this will be hot property but i am a ww2 freak :LOL:

basil :thumbs:

i went alone on 2.40pm showing when is quiet best, you can then give the film you full attention without any distractions. its one of those you want to be glued to the screen and take on the full immersion of what nolan has done. its superb now all i need is some steelbook annoucements for the uk now :D
i'm really surprised only america has done so far. this will be hot property but i am a ww2 freak :LOL:

There are a few film's showing at the cinema right now that I want to see but sometimes I have to save that money to buy a steelbook.
I do prefer watching films on my own at home cos there are no distractions.:)

I do enjoy a well made ww2 film and with all the positive posts about this one I'm looking forward to seeing it

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
As many problems as I think this film had- it was refreshing to see a movie that was an actual movie...

... not one of these CGI monstrosities that modern day blockbusters have seemed to all gravitate towards.

Cineworld by any chance, imax maybe?:D

I went to the same showing in imax on Saturday, think I'm going again tomorrow.

I can't wait to see the steelbooks and other packages roll out in the coming months.

Cineworld by any chance, imax maybe?:D

I went to the same showing in imax on Saturday, think I'm going again tomorrow.

I can't wait to see the steelbooks and other packages roll out in the coming months.

no odeon imax southampton 40 min drive each way as well :rolleyes:, things we do for good film.
shame i dont live near london bfi waterloo biggest imax in the country.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lukesablade
Saw this last night and I'm a big Christopher Nolan fan but was totally underwhelmed imo his weakest film I thought Cillian Murphy was wasted.I didn't care about any of the characters maybe I expected too much. (n)

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
This, in my opinion, needs to be watched on the largest screen possible and at least twice if possible. The lack of character focus is a reflection of what actually goes on during war - so many faces, lives, stories but all affected by a singular goal - survive and do whatever it takes to help those in need. This is so clear in the "storyline" of the pilot. This, to me, is Nolan's best film to date.

This, in my opinion, needs to be watched on the largest screen possible and at least twice if possible. The lack of character focus is a reflection of what actually goes on during war - so many faces, lives, stories but all affected by a singular goal - survive and do whatever it takes to help those in need. This is so clear in the "storyline" of the pilot. This, to me, is Nolan's best film to date.

Yep! I saw the standard version on the release day and went to see this in IMAX yesterday. Boy, it's phenomenal. I felt the walls shaking around me, if anyone here has been waiting for their quintessential IMAX experience, then this is it. The second time was even better, I learnt to enjoy the subtleties in dialogue and character a lot more, the expression "less is more" really comes to mind. Essential viewing.

Now as @Basil put it, where is that UK Steelbook? I'm starting to worry there won't be one. Seems studios aren't so much interested in anything non-superhero related anymore. :(