Release date: October 13th, 2014
Purchase links: In store only
Price: £19.99
Group Buy: Click HERE < hosted by Naughtius Maximus

proof.jpg

image.jpg

eot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked this up yesterday from the Moorgate branch and took it back today for a replacement. When I opened it, there two small dents on the back. One on top edge and the other on the botom edge. Looked like it was done during manufacturing stage, as they both lined up. So keep an eye out at the Moorgate store for an opened copy and check the back, just in case it finds it's way back on the shelf.

Just picked this up - hoping I can do what I did with Pacific Rim and sell just the 3D disc.

The artwork could've been a lot better I think, but I guess the option of a steelbook was there and it's £30 all over eBay etc...

I picked this up yesterday from the Moorgate branch and took it back today for a replacement. When I opened it, there two small dents on the back. One on top edge and the other on the botom edge. Looked like it was done during manufacturing stage, as they both lined up. So keep an eye out at the Moorgate store for an opened copy and check the back, just in case it finds it's way back on the shelf.
Mine has a small dent on the back (top left) that looks like it has been pressed against another steelbook. I can't be bothered with exchanging it so will put up with it though. May even try evening it out.

Mine has a small dent on the back (top left) that looks like it has been pressed against another steelbook. I can't be bothered with exchanging it so will put up with it though. May even try evening it out.

The one I had was top left and bottom left, both about an inch from the left edge. That sort of thing bugs me, so I took it back and was late for work two days in a row. Oh well. The things we do for our Steelbooks.

Awful weather has stopped me getting out on my lunch to pick this one up. Tried today to ring my two local HMVs to enquire about stock but for some reason they couldnt hear me and put the phone down, must have thought I was messing about as tried a few times.

Collected mine this afternoon.

Unopened, but can't feel any dents at all. Some were opened on the shelf, and they were definitely sound as well.

Had a nice chat with the sales girl who talked about steeelbooks like a good 'un - saying how she was amazed how some titles ever made it onto Steel - like The Toxic Avenger, I said, and she replied "Yes - and it's sold very well I hear - niche market." and giggled.

That's one of the things I like about HMV - decent human beings who like to talk - same with Waterstones :)

Had a nice chat with the sales girl who talked about steeelbooks like a good 'un - saying how she was amazed how some titles ever made it onto Steel - like The Toxic Avenger, I said, and she replied "Yes - and it's sold very well I hear - niche market." and giggled.
I hope you asked her phone number :D

Reactions: JackRegan
DAMN!!! :angry:
I totally forgot I ordered this on Amazon.co.uk last month and now I've been charged and it shipped!!!

I thought this was an HMV exclusive??? In the description it doesn't say steel, but a little bit lower on the product page it clearly says:
Product Description
Edge of Tomorrow - Steelbook (3D/S)
Image2.jpg Image3.jpg

Last edited:
are you serious? charged and shipped?
Ordered on azUK, not yet charged and still in "not yet dispatched" status :angry:
Let me know if it's the real steelbook (azUK confirmed that it's the HMV exclusive, so i really don't understand how they could sell it)

Mine's Preparing for Dispatch...If not the Steel as per the
Product Description

I'll send it back...No dramas...

Product Description

Yeah well I'm in Canada as you know and sending it back is 20$... no way I would pay that for their mistake... oh well wait and see. Amazon ALWAYS offered me WONDERFUL customer service.

Yeah well I'm in Canada as you know and sending it back is 20$... no way I would pay that for their mistake... oh well wait and see. Amazon ALWAYS offered me WONDERFUL customer service.

Amazon's CS is awesome that's why I didn't cancel...I should get mine on Friday.

Product Description

Oh yeah, I forgot all about my order too lol, maybe I should wait, I was off to HMV today to get my copy of the steelbook, I may wait now, last I checked there was plenty to buy still, really hope it's the Steelbook, or off to HMV I go. :)