Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
LENTICULAR PACKAGE:
Release date :
January 26, 2015
Purchase links:
1/4 slip edition $34.99 - 50 copies
Lenticular edition $36.99 - 550 copies
Double Package (1/4 slip + Lenticular) $64.99 for only 150 copies.

lenticular.jpg lenticular-package.jpg

REGULAR PACKAGE:

Release date:
October 13, 2014
Purchase link: 1/4 slip edition - Sold-out
Price: $44.00 (Promotional pre-order price of $40.99 valid only for 72 hours)
Notes: Print run: 1500 copies (numbered) (1 to 100 numbered edition will be first come, first served)

steelbook.jpg old-package.jpg

Special content:
- Exclusive Point : Partial Gloss finish, only Nova Choice SteelBook (including regular KR SteelBook edition) have partial glossy on front and back (rest of world wide release is matte vanish treatment)
- Art card 2EA, Post Card 4EA
- 3D+2D Disc

Last edited by a moderator:
So @Actarus the first 100 orders are orders numbers #2275-2375?

Only on the assumption that each order between 2275 and 2375 has ordered only 1 copy per order.

So the more copies each order has between those number, the more your number would be higher.

ie: if first order bough 5 copies, the 6th order bought 3, the 12th order bough 4...than it would affect the following ones

so it would only work in theory if the first 100 copies starting at order 2275 as ordered only 1 copy each... so it's really just a rough estimation

I estimated I was 84, but in reality the orders between 2275 and mine that gives me #84, I'm probably higher than 100...I'm sure the first 83 orders before mine didn't only get 1 copy each.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Bluprint
I did personally contact nova earlier today, but I pretty sure amicro hasn't . He does thou have order #2275 and ordered 2 of them. My order #2276 and also did order 2, and if nova is correct that I'm getting the #3 and #4. I made the assumption that he was the proud owner of the first two numbers, but it is a crazy world out there and we won't know till we have them in hand.

I did personally contact nova earlier today, but I pretty sure amicro hasn't . He does thou have order #2275 and ordered 2 of them. My order #2276 and also did order 2, and if nova is correct that I'm getting the #3 and #4. I made the assumption that he was the proud owner of the first two numbers, but it is a crazy world out there and we won't know till we have them in hand.

based on what was said to you and he had the order before yours it makes sense to assume he has copy 1 and 2, you 3 and 4 and now it depends how many each of the following orders ordered more than 1 copy... but it was a calculation based on 1 copy per order... but it's not reality and there is also the chance of human error... in any case it was just for playing around, I'll be happy getting what I will get as long as they are OCD :hilarious: ...like I've mentioned before this slip EOT No.2 and Kimchi's Frozen 1/4 slip exclusive #9 are the best design for a 1/4 slip that makes the slip blends into the steel, So much work it must have been to do those 2 1/4 slip which they are in my opinion the 2 nicest Korean slip this year by far.

PS: i contacted them but no reply lol I must be way over 100 :p

I reckon a fairer distribution of the lower numbers would be to give anyone who ordered multiples their first order with the under #100 (assuming they got an order in early enough), then the multiples would be 'lucky dip' over #100 like everyone else. I'm sure it would be a bit of a nightmare to manage but it would seem fairer.

I didn't order multiples of this, but I would accept one low number and a higher number if I did. Doesn't seem right that someone gets #1 and #2 when getting #1 and #213 would still be a great result.

Just my thoughts, no-one has done anything wrong when ordering multiples so credit to them for being quick on the draw.

Reactions: Ranavalone
I may have bought this if I had not gotten the Target exclusive already but then this has ugly 3D logo so not sure. Not a fan of 1/4 slip but it surely looks nice from the pics.

I may have bought this if I had not gotten the Target exclusive already but then this has ugly 3D logo so not sure. Not a fan of 1/4 slip but it surely looks nice from the pics.

The Nova Choice No.2 is actually quite nice, they did a superb job in blending in the 1/4 slip to match the steel...I don't know if you've seen the NON Nova Choice one regular Korea but that is an Ugly slip...it's a third high and really doesn't fit... but I understand if you bought the Target not to go for this one as other have done. I actually went crazy and buying every asian country releases, loved the movie and the steel also. Check out another 1/4 slip if you can, the Kimchi exclusive #9 Frozen 1/4 slip(there's some on bay or pictures in the thread of Frozen Kimchi maybe) but Kimchi has done a master piece with blending the 1/4 slip in with the steel, it's just too beautiful, it's really IMO one of the nicest 1/4 slip of the year(I've said that often but they deserve the credit).

The Nova Choice No.2 is actually quite nice, they did a superb job in blending in the 1/4 slip to match the steel...I don't know if you've seen the NON Nova Choice one regular Korea but that is an Ugly slip...it's a third high and really doesn't fit... but I understand if you bought the Target not to go for this one as other have done. I actually went crazy and buying every asian country releases, loved the movie and the steel also. Check out another 1/4 slip if you can, the Kimchi exclusive #9 Frozen 1/4 slip(there's some on bay or pictures in the thread of Frozen Kimchi maybe) but Kimchi has done a master piece with blending the 1/4 slip in with the steel, it's just too beautiful, it's really IMO one of the nicest 1/4 slip of the year(I've said that often but they deserve the credit).

I was expecting to see your post when I mentioned 1/4 slip. I know you are like 1/4 slip ninja and completely in love with that [emoji2]

When you say "blend", what do you exactly mean? From what I just saw the 1/4 slip background is different than the steel's. So when comparing to that, I think NM did a better job with EoT.

And do you open your 1/4 slips? If you do, What do you do with them after? Do you put'em in a poly bag and keep them?

When you say "blend", what do you exactly mean? From what I just saw the 1/4 slip background is different than the steel's. So when comparing to that, I think NM did a better job with EoT.

And do you open your 1/4 slips? If you do, What do you do with them after? Do you put'em in a poly bag and keep them?

By Blending I mean first For Kimchi Frozen 1/4 slip even though they didn't continue drawing the steel to continue onto the front part of the slip, the colours and the way they drew and the writing - the steelbook fits so so well by going ''from the steel to the 1/4 slip'' it's just such a SMOOTH TRANSITION, so I am talking about the front. For EOT, they did what Taiwan did with CA2 they basically drew on the front 1/4 slip what is on the bottom front part of the steel so the legs aren't cut off it's the same drawing and perfectly aligned to continue the drawing of the steelbook onto the slip that is hiding the bottom front part of the steel and adding the Korean writing on the front slip part as well that makes it very nice. Back artwork is always same thing if well done it will be nice, sometimes the front continues to the back artwork card and they add the pictures, specs and descriptions, numbering cards etc... but no, once I open them, it tends to want to open as the shrink wrap is not holding the slip anymore to the steel, so I just bend the cardboard inwards and it goes back to a holding the steel position for the side and the front still bends a bit forwards but when I put them back on the shelf sideways, the steel or amaray in front just puts it back straight because of the pressure they stored like books...

I decided to go for this one because of the spot gloss, despite the 3D in the front.

If Japan's version ends up having any gloss though, I'll most likely consider getting a copy of that as well. Just not worth the chance with its current cost :confused:

Reactions: Bluprint
I decided to go for this one because of the spot gloss, despite the 3D in the front.

If Japan's version ends up having any gloss though, I'll most likely consider getting a copy of that as well. Just not worth the chance with its current cost :confused:
That my exact plan. I really like the original title on the Japan.amazon version. I just can't imagine paying more than this one that has a nice slip, spot gloss and is numbered.

By Blending I mean first For Kimchi Frozen 1/4 slip even though they didn't continue drawing the steel to continue onto the front part of the slip, the colours and the way they drew and the writing - the steelbook fits so so well by going ''from the steel to the 1/4 slip'' it's just such a SMOOTH TRANSITION, so I am talking about the front. For EOT, they did what Taiwan did with CA2 they basically drew on the front 1/4 slip what is on the bottom front part of the steel so the legs aren't cut off it's the same drawing and perfectly aligned to continue the drawing of the steelbook onto the slip that is hiding the bottom front part of the steel and adding the Korean writing on the front slip part as well that makes it very nice. Back artwork is always same thing if well done it will be nice, sometimes the front continues to the back artwork card and they add the pictures, specs and descriptions, numbering cards etc... but no, once I open them, it tends to want to open as the shrink wrap is not holding the slip anymore to the steel, so I just bend the cardboard inwards and it goes back to a holding the steel position for the side and the front still bends a bit forwards but when I put them back on the shelf sideways, the steel or amaray in front just puts it back straight because of the pressure they stored like books...
I see what you mean now (after staring at the picture for couple of minutes lol) I see the colours they used help make that "smooth transition" you were talking about.
Not a 1/4 slip collector myself but I do have the Lion King from Taiwan and its just WOW! So amazing that it scares me to open it :p
Like EOT , I do prefer to see more 1/4 slips line up perfectly with the steelbook, but still, I couldn't pick this up because I think NM could've done a MUCH better job with this release.

I see what you mean now (after staring at the picture for couple of minutes lol) I see the colours they used help make that "smooth transition" you were talking about.
Not a 1/4 slip collector myself but I do have the Lion King from Taiwan and its just WOW! So amazing that it scares me to open it :p
Like EOT , I do prefer to see more 1/4 slips line up perfectly with the steelbook, but still, I couldn't pick this up because I think NM could've done a MUCH better job with this release.

lol couple of minutes ain't bad :p I'm glad you see what I mean as it's hard to describe (for me), but I just love them, yes The Lion King Taiwan like I said I'm a Taiwan Collector at heart, I just love them...if you saw what I meant by EOT look at Captain America 2 TWS Taiwan Steelbook(you will see the same blending of the steel and also look at Frozen Kimchidvd 1/4 slip steelbook exclusive #9 you will also see even though the picture doesn't match the slip in terms of continuing the drawing of the slip onto the 1/4 slip in front, the colour schemes and the way they designed it is just pure beauty. it's hard to described but you can view here different angles of pictures well taken of Frozen Kimchi 1/4 slip and you will know what I mean http://www.ebay.com/itm/Frozen-3D-2...?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item2c8c1c97a2

click on the small main picture to make it Big(high Resolution and after simply click the arrow to the right of the picture to pass from different angles)

Nooo I WAS talking about Frozen when I said I stared at it for couple of minutes :LOL:. So yea, for EOT I could already see because the picture is the same. It was Frozen that I looked up after reading your first post.
I've noticed people pay high prices for 1/4 slips but I never really understood why. May be I still don't. But I could understand if it was slips like Lion King or CA: TWS (Yea, I just looked it up. And its unique :wow: :thumbs: I like it but wont buy it since I already have NM steel)