UK
Release date: October 9th, 2014
Purchase link: Edge of Tomorrow
Price: €29.99

02.jpg

03.jpg

01.jpg

Last edited:
Crap. I really hate Germany being "king of kings" when it comes to home entertainment. Another WB that will be a monster edition. 2D disc only German and English. 3D English, Spanish, German. Whatever happened to the good ol' days of European releases? I really miss being able to buy a movie in France Or Italy or any other European country and not worry about if it had all the dubbings and subs....

Is this actually being released on December 31? Also will the discs be region free and will it include 2D and 3D blurays?
Yes it will Region Free (All Warner Blu-Ray Discs are Region Free)
Includes 3D Disc and 2D Disc
Its on the Jcard Limited 2 Disc Edition
3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + Ultraviolet Digital Copy
03-jpg.96305

Also it says on the website it's being released on December 31st but the regular edition is being released on October 9th. Why is this so?

What for? The Japanese edition seems to be the same as the others but more expensive. Maybe I'm missing something.

You're missing the fact that the Japanese version changed the tittle in the front, the spine and the discs to the original name of the movie. "All you need is Kill" and no 3D logos. If you want a Steelbook this one it's ok. The other one is...:ohno: "expensive"

You're missing the fact that the Japanese version changed the tittle in the front, the spine and the discs to the original name of the movie. "All you need is Kill" and no 3D logos. If you want a Steelbook this one it's ok. The other one is...:ohno: "expensive"
Edge of Tomorrow is the title of the film in France, so it did not bother me. And € 72 including postage for a steelbook without 3D logo, if you estimate that it is not expensive, I would like to have your financial resources. Even Blufans editions are cheaper and yet very high quality, very limited and numbered. The FNAC edition will cost € 35 with a sticker.

Edge of Tomorrow is the title of the film in France, so it did not bother me. And € 72 including postage for a steelbook without 3D logo, if you estimate that it is not expensive, I would like to have your financial resources. Even Blufans editions are cheaper and yet very high quality, very limited and numbered. The FNAC edition will cost € 35 with a sticker.

Hi my friend, I'm not referring for the great less expensive option you have. Here in USA Target will release it in 2D for $28, that's great. But if I want the 3D included the Germany it's $37, it's only $9 more for the 3D disc (that's awesome). I'm just saying that with the Japan version we have the opportunity to get something different, original and rare. With one from Jp I can get two from Ger.

Reactions: StifflersDad
Hi my friend, I'm not referring for the great less expensive option you have. Here in USA Target will release it in 2D for $28, that's great. But if I want the 3D included the Germany it's $37, it's only $9 more for the 3D disc (that's awesome). I'm just saying that with the Japan version we have the opportunity to get something different, original and rare. With one from Jp I can get two from Ger.
I agree with you, I also appreciate the rarity of some editions. But buying an edition that amazon sell almost 54 €, while some details apart from other editions, it is encouraged to practice this kind of completely unfair prices. Why amazon would sell steelbooks € 30 if they find takers for € 54 (excluding postage).

Japanese pricing is on the rise in general for all luxury goods with their inflation rising rapidly. Spiderman 2, X-Men: DOFP are also priced in the same ballpark. It's not unfair prices, it's what it is for market/region.

My advice would be just get the version you're happy with and forget out the rest. This hobby is expensive at the best of times and it's ultimately you who has to make peace with your outlay. I'm getting the JP one because of the rarity but I'm hanging on for the UK one to open and watch. Should a UK one not arise then I'll get the DE one because Warner will probably just re-print the thing to death. That's my choice. Make yours and be happy. (Sorry if this comes off as sanctimonious, it's not intended that way)

Last edited: