Edge Of Tomorrow - All You Need Is Kill (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon JP Exclusive) [Japan]

domalorite

Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
Release date: November 12, 2014
Price: ¥ 3,667
Purchase Link: All You Need Is Kill

01.jpg

02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon JP have a same price promise as the other Amazon sites right? I'm hoping this drops a bit before release.

Been a long time since I ordered a Japanese disc, are menu's etc in Japanese or is there options to change to English?

£55 all in for steel, postage and duty paid. Most expensive steel I've bought for a while but I need this with correct title :cool:

Last edited:
Been a long time since I ordered a Japanese disc, are menu's etc in Japanese or is there options to change to English?

£55 all in for steel, postage and duty paid. Most expensive steel I've bought for a while but I need this with correct title :cool:

If you combine it with Pacific Rim then it makes it a bit more economically worthwhile!

Thinking of picking up a Steel for this, why is this one more desirable than some others, for this title?

That's why I'm picking it up. The movie is based on a Japanese comic by the name ALL YOU NEED IS KILL (i think). The movie was always called that in Japan. Kinda cool that the only version of this with the original title is coming from Japan...

• Informative
Reactions: Bluprint
@digitalbabe the novels(I believe there was 2 small ones) were written by Hiroshi Sakurazaka and in Japan as they have mentioned in the last few posts, They are using for the movie and Steelbook/Amaray releases the original title''All You Need Is Kill'' which is different from having all other country change the name of the movie to ''Edge Of Tommorrow 3D'' so it is the only release with the original title.

Also, for me it is not an issue, but people seem to have a hang up about seeing the ''3D'' part of the front artwork of the steel and this one doesn't have the 3D logo written in front of steel(as per artwork shown by Amazon) even though it does contains the 3D disk.

• Informative
Reactions: Bluprint
I feel like All You Need is Kill better suits the movie (and obviously derives directly from the novels). Edge of Tomorrow definitely represents the large scope scifi/fate of the world/time travel element, but I feel like AYNIK gets more at the character experience of having to live, die, repeat :p over and over and over again. That uniqueness made this preorder and easy choice. Hoping it arrives unscathed!

THIS RELEASE IS DA BOMB, I just hope that our steels won't look like they passed through a BOMIMG Area and we will receive them uncrushed and not in 2 pieces :)

90$ for a steel without going through a market place is expensive, but you never know with Amazon

PS: Now just because I said that my copiy will be in 2 pieces, Karma lol