Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Exclusive) [China]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: February 6, 2018 (pre-order January 7, 2017 at 10 AM - USA EST)
Prices: $45.99 (Single Lenti) - $47.99 (Double Lenti) - $109.99 (Lenti Box Set)
Group buy: Hosted by n3wk1d, One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti (40 copies of each edition)
Notes: WEA steelbook, limited to 2000 copies

EOT---02.jpgEOT---01.jpgEOT---04.jpgEOT---03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit that the Steelbook artwork is underwhelming. The Koran SB with spot gloss is much better than this but as a package this will surely trounce the Novamedia release.

maybe if you completely ignore quality and artwork and instead count how many gimmicks are included

Could someone please kindly explain to me the difference between the lentis shown here and a full slip?

I know a lenti has that "3D" like effect but isn't this still a full slip? Containing a front, back and a spine?

Could someone please kindly explain to me the difference between the lentis shown here and a full slip?

I know a lenti has that "3D" like effect but isn't this still a full slip? Containing a front, back and a spine?

Technically they are full slips, but they all have one or two lenticular images glued on the front and back sides.
A regular full slip is just printed card board, but most of the times has some embossing and cool finishing like spot gloss.
Usually I prefer full slips (i.e. without a lenticular image attached), but for some films, a lenti works just fine if not better. Sci-fi movies like this being one example.

@ topic: At first glance I thought "wow!". But after some consideration, I also think all editions and the steelbook are lacking a bit. As we've learned from Manta's attempt, it's not necessarily HDzeta's fault. However, since I don't own the movie yet, I'll still pick up a copy. At the moment, lenti slip B is my favorite. I hope the image on the backside of the slip remains as shown in the mock-up (it's only TBC at the moment).
I'm glad we didn't see Manta's proposals to the studio. Otherwise there'd be much greater disappointment, I guess ;)

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: harry and Stygian
Technically they are full slips, but they all have one or two lenticular images glued on the front and back sides.
A regular full slip is just printed card board, but most of the times has some embossing and cool finishing like spot gloss.
Usually I prefer full slips (i.e. without a lenticular image attached), but for some films, a lenti works just fine if not better. Sci-fi movies like this being one example.

@ topic: At first glance I thought "wow!". But after some consideration, I also think all editions and the steelbook are lacking a bit. As we've learned from Manta's attempt, it's not necessarily HDzeta's fault. However, since I don't own the movie yet, I'll still pick up a copy. At the moment, lenti slip B is my favorite. I hope the image on the backside of the slip remains as shown in the mock-up (it's only TBC at the moment).
I'm glad we didn't see Manta's proposals to the studio. Otherwise there'd be much greater disappointment, I guess ;)

Thank you very much for your reply. I was confused as to why people were asking for at least 1 full slip when they were all full slips. But now I understand when you mention "but most of the times has some embossing and cool finishing like spot gloss."

I was just looking at something on Zavvi and I guess they call this a "slip case."

And an "O" cover is like a slip cover? (open at the top and bottom)

Thank you very much for your reply. I was confused as to why people were asking for at least 1 full slip when they were all full slips. But now I understand when you mention "but most of the times has some embossing and cool finishing like spot gloss."

I was just looking at something on Zavvi and I guess they call this a "slip case."

And an "O" cover is like a slip cover? (open at the top and bottom)
full slip = slip case.
you are right about the O-Ring

Reactions: Stygian
You're welcome @Stygian
Personally I too hope HDzeta will keep the regular full slips in their portfolio and the "lentis only policy" is just a fad that will die off after this and the Wonder Woman releases are done.

A slip case basically means the same, yes. And you got "O" cover right, too. People also use the term "O-ring" for this kind of slip.

You're welcome @Stygian
Personally I too hope HDzeta will keep the regular full slips in their portfolio and the "lentis only policy" is just a fad that will die off after this and the Wonder Woman releases are done.

A slip case basically means the same, yes. And you got "O" cover right, too. People also use the term "O-ring" for this kind of slip.

I decided to use the term "O" cover just this 1 time because I wasn't sure how "O-ring" would look.
Always reminds me of that line by Tom Arnold in one of the Austin Powers movies when Austin is fighting in the washroom.

Thank you both @TheCollector86 and @CleverLoginName !

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
Is one of the Lentis going to be a loose one as it was with "The Accountant" for example?

Before the last year or two, there were very few, if any, companies producing full slips with a lenticular image on them. In general, all releases were either a full slip with no lenticular image or an O-ring with a lenticular image. So people pretty much always referred to slips as either "full slip" or "lenti", and there wasn't much room for confusion. Now, obviously, it's confusing for newer people that many of us still use these terms to quickly differentiate between the two.

• Helpful Post
Before the last year or two, there were very few, if any, companies producing full slips with a lenticular image on them. In general, all releases were either a full slip with no lenticular image or an O-ring with a lenticular image. So people pretty much always referred to slips as either "full slip" or "lenti", and there wasn't much room for confusion. Now, obviously, it's confusing for newer people that many of us still use these terms to quickly differentiate between the two.

I only saw a reference to an O-ring recently on here somewhere, something along the line of "please don't be an O-ring for the lenti" or "I wish they would stop using O-rings for their lentis"

Or something like that. :LOL:

So I guess they're not well liked?

I only saw a reference to an O-ring recently on here somewhere, something along the line of "please don't be an O-ring for the lenti" or "I wish they would stop using O-rings for their lentis"

That was most likely one of my posts in novamedia thread for John Wick 2 :rofl::LOL:

• Thanks
I wonder if Manta might scratch their Emily Blunt itch by doing a premium release of Girl on a Train? I'd be down for that :)

Yeah, Nova is pretty much the only company that hasn't fallen in line with the move from O-ring lentis to full slip lentis, so you'll sometimes see comments like that in their threads.

I wouldn't say the O-ring lentis weren't well liked (at least not before the last 1-2 years), but once companies started using full slips for their lenticular editions, most people preferred that and weren't sorry to see the O-ring lentis fade away. There are still some people who prefer the O-ring variety, though.

• Thanks
In for this so so much :thumbs: After the disappointment of the Manta Lab cancellation announcement, I'm thrilled HDzeta's taking over and releasing this. I don't own the fantastic Novamedia release and I really think the steelbook, with a heavy amount of gloss, will look fantastic in hand. While I'm curious about what Manta was trying to push through, I dig the 'Zeta designs, and I know the lentis will look amazing.

Going for the double lenti, I'm such a sucker for them

On an unrelated note, it seems HDzeta's really pushing the triple lenticular configuration for their releases. This one's just like Wonder Woman in that there are no full slips without lenticulars. With a double lenticular option. I imagine they realized they needed to change things up a bit after the weak performance of L.A. Confidential's full slip. In fact, I don't think any of their gold label full slips sell that well or as quickly as their counterpart lenticular options but I could be wrong.

I can't believe I paid $80 on Ebay for the Nova Lenti when Manta cancelled to only have this come up now. :(

I like the steelbook and lenti A seems the most original and it almost can't not beat Nova's in terms of goodies included if it has cards and a booket too.

Is this a title that would sell out in a few minutes? I prefer ordering direct when I can unless the risk of being reasonably fast still includes a good likelihood of missing out anyway. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.