Release date: October 7th, 2014
Purchase link: Edge of Tomorrow
Group Buy: apsmith21
Price: $27.99
Notes: no 3D

16483342.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@kaw much appreciated on the response.

It's a bummer or rather unfortunate that we (Canadians) cannot accurately rely on our stores for these releases. Thursday/Friday just to confirm is so close to the release date. I envy the flow of information from our friends across the border. Bestbuy.com already have the Guardians (3D) Steelbook up for pre-order. Why can't we do the same?! sigh :confused:

I'd kill to have a futureshop in the US and to get the amount and quality of steels Canadians get. Target has only recently started to be even a factor in the steel market and they are still small (they remind me of the FYE steels that were exclusives back in the G1 days small but every now and then). They also do more futurepaks or metalpaks then steels. Best Buy has always been the US source for steels occasionally we see a Wal-mart or Target exclusive but its normally best buy.

I'd kill to have a futureshop in the US and to get the amount and quality of steels Canadians get. Target has only recently started to be even a factor in the steel market and they are still small (they remind me of the FYE steels that were exclusives back in the G1 days small but every now and then). They also do more futurepaks or metalpaks then steels. Best Buy has always been the US source for steels occasionally we see a Wal-mart or Target exclusive but its normally best buy.

Hey mate I hear you, but at least you have more store options locally. I bought a few steelbooks here and there before, but it wasn't until recently that it became such a craze for me. In my experience thus far, Futureshop is the only place I know that sells Steelbooks on the shelves. I was advised that Target Canada will be releasing the SB for this movie and that is news for me. Not sure if I "always" miss out, but I never saw a steelbook for sale at Target nor Walmart Canada.

Hey mate I hear you, but at least you have more store options locally. I bought a few steelbooks here and there before, but it wasn't until recently that it became such a craze for me. In my experience thus far, Futureshop is the only place I know that sells Steelbooks on the shelves. I was advised that Target Canada will be releasing the SB for this movie and that is news for me. Not sure if I "always" miss out, but I never saw a steelbook for sale at Target nor Walmart Canada.

More store options does not mean more steels though. I am trying to remember the last Wal-mart steel I can just think of a couple in the last couple of years man of steel, star trek into darkness, total recall. They occasionally get some of the mass released dump lines like the comic book line or those metalpaks that eventually became steelbooks from paramount. Target has been more frequent at least we seem to get a Batman or Justice League movie every couple of months and they have been doing plenty of futurepaks and they had the Walking Dead seasons. Best Buy still has really been the main source for steels in the US. We tend to get a lot of cheap old Futureshop steels though without any interior artwork in big huge releases that are hard to keep up with. 10-20 steels at a time is just to much for me to buy at one time and then a lot of times they are gone before I can finish getting them all.

This is on my List, on my Calender, and I cant wait to watch this film again.

I plan on getting a spare to go into my Sealed Collection IF I can find perfect copies. If there are no perfect copies, Ill just grab one to open.

Im gunna get a Lenti as well. Still trying to find out if there are any other US editions worth getting. Live long & prosper.

I still have the Japan steel on order and thinking of cancelling for the Target steel.

Is this the case where Japan may have a better overall finish? There's a big price difference and im not too bothered about the 3D disc.

I still have the Japan steel on order and thinking of cancelling for the Target steel.

Is this the case where Japan may have a better overall finish? There's a big price difference and im not too bothered about the 3D disc.

Cancel and go for the Novamedia edition. They will have WWE partial gloss