Edward Scissorhands (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #27) [Czech Republic]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 14, 2016
Purchase link: Film Arena
Price: 699 CZK
Group Buy: carllenc
Notes: Limited numbered 2000 copies

1.jpg

Guys confirmed FAC edition final BS :) very nice Fullslip a lenticular magnet ... :)

Last edited:
It is Photoshopped to the point it looks almost painted which is why I'm cool with it. I really love the symbolisim with Kim forming a heart Edward's chest with her hands.

The actual steelbook art is not bad but it looks more like a album cover from The Cure to me.
That is definitely a cool touch, and it does look more like Disney's usual art style to be fair. Haha yeah, the steelbook art is very moody looking and could almost be mistaken for a horror film... maybe that's why I prefer it though, since the film used to scare me as a kid. :p

Interesting choice I like the movie but probably will not purchase as i have other GB's for movies i want to buy, but good luck to all who intend to pre order when available...

The previous UK Blu-ray/DVD Steelbook in my opinion looks lot better than this but yes the transfer is not the best on the UK Blu-ray
Its a beautiful steelbook the UK release with nice spot gloss finish

The new 25th Anniversary Blu-ray though is a 4K transfer with new extras
I have the USA Ultimate Collector's Edition pre ordered

If Film Arena do this as a Numbered Collectors Edition then I would get as their Slips and extras are good
But if its just a steelbook and not part of the collectors series I will not be getting and will stick with my USA Ultimate Limited Edition for the 4k Blu-ray transfer

Its possible this steelbook also might get a release in other countries we should know soon if that's happening
As I expect the UK will also be getting a 25th Anniversary Blu-ray release

Last edited:
Reactions: chunk
I find this film a bit boring now as an adult. Saw it on TV the other day, it definitely didn't feel the same as it did when I was 10.

What astonishes me is the fact Johnny Depp plays all these weird roles (jack sparrow, demon barber, mad hatter etc) and then plays a flawless gangster / detective in Donnie Brasco.

Might just buy it to throw in the collection though ...
I'm glad someone else noticed. When I watched it again about a year ago- it felt like a TV movie.
Beetlejuice, too. And I LOVED both films when they came out. I think the problem was (and still is)- despite Tim Burton's awesomeness as a visionary- he is almost always working from weak, barely-there scripts. And time has bared that out. But when he does have solid material like Big Fish or Ed Wood-he kills it. (Both of those still feel fresh and wonderful.)
Beetlejuice was like an SNL sketch stretched thin to feature length, and Edward Scissorhands feels like they never really dove into the possibilities of the story, and let stereotypes run wild. (And the bookends with 'old' Winona are worse than you remember).
I'll still get it for nostalgia's sake though.... (And Danny Elfman's killer score!)