Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 30th, 2015
Purchase link: Edward Scissorhands
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11164384-1534340499275490.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Czech release artwork now up at Zavvi though the print in the box to the right of the pic still reads "*Artwork subject to change".
Let's hope this IS the final artwork as I'd be very happy with this (though maybe not 20 quid happy) maybe @GBP 14.99 or GBP 15.99 at a push.
If other studios can give us re-mastered discs in limited edition "Anniversary" steelbooks for around 14 quid in the case of "Spartacus" or even less in the case of "Lawrence" and others then hopefully Fox can do likewise . . .

Czech release artwork now up at Zavvi though the print in the box to the right of the pic still reads "*Artwork subject to change".
Let's hope this IS the final artwork as I'd be very happy with this (though maybe not 20 quid happy) maybe @GBP 14.99 or GBP 15.99 at a push.
If other studios can give us re-mastered discs in limited edition "Anniversary" steelbooks for around 14 quid in the case of "Spartacus" or even less in the case of "Lawrence" and others then hopefully Fox can do likewise . . .
That is WWA. Not just Czech. U.S. is the same as well.
And FA will have a nice slipbox for that!!!
(I don't dig the 25th Anniversary tag on it- it would be better without)

Last edited:
Was just referring to @Apollon 's post No.8 where "Czech artwork" was mentioned and as it's the exact same as Zavvi's that's what I called it.
BTW this doesn't need a slipcover as it's damn fine as it is . . . IMO.

"25th Anniversary" is very nicely printed in similar eccentric lettering to the title and not obtrusive like some clunky Anniversary print can be and I personally think it looks great.
Personally I'm glad it's positioned where it is and not on the spine (hopefully) as it's confirmation that it will be the re-mastered disc inside for the film's 15th.

Slightly surprised that there isn't more interest in this lovely steelbook with its re-mastered disc, Vincent Price's last film etc. but then thinking the reason is maybe because the film is SO familiar and everyone has watched it a gazillion times . . .

EDIT 19/11: Good time to release this would be the 7TH OR THE 14TH DECEMBER 2015 as that's the 15th Anniversary of the first showing in U.S. cinemas - the 7th was a limited release with the 14th being the main one although the actual premiere was on the 6th (but that anniversary falls on a Sunday).

Last edited:
Not part of the FAC unfortunately.
Well, that ruins my day!
Damn. Well, then. Are the WWA editions all created equal? Or is there any country's version that is slightly better? I have been so dead set on getting the film arena version, that I haven't paid attention to anybody else's really!

Last edited:
Price finally adjusted to pre-order price of GBP 15.99 so expect this to go 'live' at the week-end.

December release though - please, please :)

25th Anniversary Re-mastered Edition - as it says on the tin - exclusive to Zavvi (in the U.K.) - 1 disc - 2,000 pieces.

2013 - 2 disc (Blu-ray + DVD) - non-exclusive - 4,000 pieces.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Norwichlad
If they use the same master as the US 25th Anniversary Edition that will be great. I thought Fox did a sound job with this - it looks beautiful. Quite a step-up from the previous release IMHO. Although both transfers will divide opinion but both stay pretty close to the source without any of the synthetic stuff, DNR for example.

I recommend them both. :)

Refuse point blank to order for the simple reason that there is no working discount code :( which is NOT COOL on a Black Friday deals day (n)