electronic music fans?

Jun 17, 2015
Livonia, MI
wondering how many electronic music fans we got over here...

got into the scene back in the early 90s... my first exposure being The Prodigy, The Crystal Method, The Chemical Brothers and Westbam... while in Poland right around 2000, discovered trance music and have been a fan ever since...

i still listen to trance, house and techno, being from Detroit, i better... haha...

hate edm, hate dubstep, and hate pop house...
i used to enjoy Swedish House Mafia 2009 and before... same can be said with djs like David Guetta... i do still enjoy myself some Steve Angello and Eric Prydz... and pretty much anything Pete Tong plays during his weekly show is fine by me!

curious what ppl listen to today and what they used to enjoy...

Well electronic is a wide brush. Off the top of my head:
Ministry, Revolting Cocks, Skinny Puppy, Propellerheads, SPK, Clam Of Xymox, New Order, Nurse w/ Wound, FOETUS, Front 242, Front Line Assembly, Coil, Current 93, Laibach, Caberet Voltaire, KMFDM...

Reactions: PoLskA
Ministry, Revolting Cocks, Skinny Puppy, Propellerheads, SPK, Clam Of Xymox, New Order, Nurse w/ Wound, FOETUS, Front 242, Front Line Assembly, Coil, Current 93, Laibach, Caberet Voltaire, KMFDM...

OMG, This is all I listen too. 1000 **** DJ's, Meatbeat Manifesto, Mussoloni Headkick, A Split Second, Nitzer Ebb and a ton of others. I have never heard of Clam of Xymox, but I LOVE Clan of Xymox. Have you seen the quest, awesome Industrial soundtrack, Front 242, Xymox and many more

OMG, This is all I listen too. 1000 **** DJ's, Meatbeat Manifesto, Mussoloni Headkick, A Split Second, Nitzer Ebb and a ton of others. I have never heard of Clam of Xymox, but I LOVE Clan of Xymox. Have you seen the quest, awesome Industrial soundtrack, Front 242, Xymox and many more
Well, you are losing out if you haven't rocked Clam of Xymox- Rummy Marrings is still going strong!:LOL:
My 80's-90's stuff consisted largely of the Chicago Wax Trax! Bands and Canadian Nettwork bands, and the English groups on Rough Trade, 4AD, Factory, etc.
Great stuff. Clan of Xymox's first 3 are my favs (Medusa wins for best)
If you like Medusa check out Pieter Nooten/Michael Brook 'Sleeps with the Fishes' - Pieter wrote A lot of the songs on Medusa. He did the side project where half the songs are Ambient versions of the Medusa songs. (He left after the third C.O.X. album). Pieter is actually back after a long hibernation. He has released 4 albums in the last 10 years. Great stuff- but it is more ambient side of things.
But Clan Of Xymox is right up there- although they did do a bunch of weak albums in the middle years when they were just called XYMOX.
But I have to say, out of that era, no one was more inventive than Jim Foetus. Those FOETUS albums ('Nail', 'Hole', etc.) still are as exciting as ever. Still weird that he is the composer for VENTURE BROS.!!
Oh- the Quest? Wasn't that a Jean Claude Van Damme movie?
I'm gonna go ahead and guess you meant The Guest?
Or Maybe it IS The Quest with music from ClaM of Xymox!!:hilarious::rofl:
(The answer is no- I just got the steelbook yesterday- no kidding!)
It is so funny to hear music I love showing up in movies NOW! So...25 years later they discover how cool bands like Xymox, Sisters of Mercy, etc. are! Late to the party guys!

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: PoLskA and Ricker
Well, you are losing out if you haven't rocked Clam of Xymox- Rummy Marrings is still going strong!:LOL:
My 80's-90's stuff consisted largely of the Chicago Wax Trax! Bands and Canadian Nettwork bands, and the English groups on Rough Trade, 4AD, Factory, etc.
Great stuff. Clan of Xymox's first 3 are my favs (Medusa wins for best)
If you like Medusa check out Pieter Nooten/Michael Brook 'Sleeps with the Fishes' - Pieter wrote A lot of the songs on Medusa. He did the side project where half the songs are Ambient versions of the Medusa songs. (He left after the third C.O.X. album). Pieter is actually back after a long hibernation. He has released 4 albums in the last 10 years. Great stuff- but it is more ambient side of things.
But Clan Of Xymox is right up there- although they did do a bunch of weak albums in the middle years when they were just called XYMOX.
But I have to say, out of that era, no one was more inventive than Jim Foetus. Those FOETUS albums ('Nail', 'Hole', etc.) still are as exciting as ever. Still weird that he is the composer for VENTURE BROS.!!
Oh- the Quest? Wasn't that a Jean Claude Van Damme movie?
I'm gonna go ahead and guess you meant The Guest?
Or Maybe it IS The Quest with music from ClaM of Xymox!!:hilarious::rofl:
(The answer is no- I just got the steelbook yesterday- no kidding!)
It is so funny to hear music I love showing up in movies NOW! So...25 years later they discover how cool bands like Xymox, Sisters of Mercy, etc. are! Late to the party guys!

Touche' dude. yes I meant the guest

Reactions: C.C. 95

i will admit to hearing of about half of those artists... i think i will have some fun digging up some new music over the weekend!

Reactions: C.C. 95
I like some. I know alot of these aren't straight up electronic or the may be industrial, but they atleast have electronic elements to them.

The Prodigy (Only like them when they are The Prodigy, rather than just Prodigy), Nine Inch Nails, KMFDM, 16Volt, Diatribe, Hate Dept., Filter (Early stuff), Gravity Kills, God Lives Underwater, Ministry, Bile, Funker Vogt, Celldweller, Circus Of Dead Squirrels, Crossbreed, Holy ****, Individual Totem, Skinny Puppy, Orgy, Phutureprimitive, Prick, PTP, Rob Zombie, Skold, Snake River Conspiracy, Spahn Ranch.

Reactions: C.C. 95 and Ricker
I like some. I know alot of these aren't straight up electronic or the may be industrial, but they atleast have electronic elements to them.

The Prodigy (Only like them when they are The Prodigy, rather than just Prodigy), Nine Inch Nails, KMFDM, 16Volt, Diatribe, Hate Dept., Filter (Early stuff), Gravity Kills, God Lives Underwater, Ministry, Bile, Funker Vogt, Celldweller, Circus Of Dead Squirrels, Crossbreed, Holy ****, Individual Totem, Skinny Puppy, Orgy, Phutureprimitive, Prick, PTP, Rob Zombie, Skold, Snake River Conspiracy, Spahn Ranch.

those are def rock aside from The Prodigy haha...

i did listen to quite a bit of rock/metal before i got into electronic music... my faves being Metallica, pretty much anything prior to The Black Album and White Zombie!
my poor parents probably thought their teenager was a satanist! :vamp:

those are def rock aside from The Prodigy haha...

i did listen to quite a bit of rock/metal before i got into electronic music... my faves being Metallica, pretty much anything prior to The Black Album and White Zombie!
my poor parents probably thought their teenager was a satanist! :vamp:
O.K. - Check this out. It will freak your sh*t out. I actually bookmarked this so I wouldn't lose it (I found it a while ago). Some guy used software to retune Metallica doing "Nothing Else Matters" in a MAJOR key! I am a musician and have worked in studios for many years with software like Autotune and Melodyne- and I still have no idea how this guy did this. (He must have had stems...)
But it is FREAKY!! Strangely UPLIFTING now!!!

Reactions: PoLskA
Currently Loving (As listed in the Electronic/Electronica Genres on my Ipod :)):

Blanck Mass
Clark
DRMCNT
Emika
Gazelle Twin
Gesaffelstein (Recommend 'Aleph' - awesome album!)
The Golden Filter
Holly Herndon
Jackson & His Computer Band
Jean Michel Jarre
Karin Park
Kiasmos
The Knife
Ladytron
Leftfield
Moderat
Mondkopf
Nine Inch Nails (The Downward Spiral - Timeless!)
Plyci
Rangleklods
Royksopp
Ryoji Ikeda
Squarepusher
Trevor Jackson
8:58

Reactions: spass
Electronic music!? I ******* love that stuff. I will come back to this thread, but if we're talking prog house tonight, here's a couple:

Just for the record, I love all the industrial/more heavy stuff. I've been working in various music shops for over 10 years in my early days, lol!

Like someone once said: I will be back......

Currently Loving (As listed in the Electronic/Electronica Genres on my Ipod :)):

Blanck Mass
Clark
DRMCNT
Emika
Gazelle Twin
Gesaffelstein (Recommend 'Aleph' - awesome album!)
The Golden Filter
Holly Herndon
Jackson & His Computer Band
Jean Michel Jarre
Karin Park
Kiasmos
The Knife
Ladytron
Leftfield

Moderat
Mondkopf
Nine Inch Nails (The Downward Spiral - Timeless!)
Plyci
Rangleklods
Royksopp
Ryoji Ikeda
Squarepusher
Trevor Jackson
8:58

polls_thumbs20up20happy20face_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

im going to get to see a dj tonight that hasent been to Detroit since 2004! :headphone:

really looking forward to a night full of tech-house/progressive tracks!

Sasha!

Omg. He is my all time favorite progressive dj.

He takes you on a journey and his mixing skills are second to none.

Have fun mate!

I agree! Him and Digweed back in the days, wow!

I still listen these all the time. The GU Ibiza is an classic! :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435388245.641488.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435388261.290446.jpg