All Target Steelbooks

14954691.jpg

14954691_Alt01.jpg

Attachments

• elysium-us-sm.jpg
    elysium-us-sm.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 238
Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate them giving us a coupon but why have they skimped out a started giving 5% instead of 10? 5% is what, a dollar off. Hate to sound ungrateful but come on. Hope its just a holiday season thing or something.

I totally agree with you. I have a feeling this is their way to push the red card. I can see the dialogue now at the register. "You guys used to do 10% with these coupons. Well, if you open a Target Red Card, you can get an additional 5% to make it a total of 10% off ;)

Bummer :(

Any pics? Thanks Darius.

Sorry Fares. I left the steelbook in my car and I'm at work right now. I'll hop in the car at lunch and take a quick pic. Someone might beat me to it though :cool:

Reactions: IRON MAN
Sorry for the poor quality and possibly sideway pics. For some reason my iphone pics come out sideways :dunno:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Elysium Front.jpg
    Elysium Front.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Elysium back.jpg
    Elysium back.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Elysium Inside.jpg
    Elysium Inside.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Elysium F&B.jpg
    Elysium F&B.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
The inside artwork is a lot more vibrant than the outside oddly enough.
May or may not be the case here but is it possible it is because it's glossy inside?

I know it sounds crazy but since I've got into modifying a few steelbooks and taken them apart I've noticed the inside art is glossy on many - even though the outside matte. I think it's done so that it's shows up better through the slightly opaque insert. Makes you sick to think they couldn't extend that finish to the outside though. For example Transformers ROTF Zavvi is glossy inside but matte finished outside :(

lots of copies at the Target I went to as well. Even more FF6.

I did notice that the spine was misaligned on some of them.

Disappointed by this poor quality steel. I realized that my copy was dinged/dented after looking at my pics (not to mention paint chips). I took it back to exchange it and received a much better copy but it still has a tiny ding on the top. Is it too much to ask to get a perfect steelbook :D

Sony usually comes better than this. This is one of those poor thin paint matte finishes (really easy to chip). I was expecting better since the US has been releasing some nice steel lately. Is there a glossy release of this anywhere?

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

And if you plan on getting the BB exclusive for the bonus disc, be warned its a DVD and not a blu like the IT steelbook:(. Wish I had just gotten that one now.. sigh.

Reactions: darczap
I got it yeah it could look better (more glossy feel would have been better) but I prefer this over regular version. Good movie still a solid release and I am digging this steel!

Last edited:
I went to my local Target at 3pm today, and they had none in stock :( None of the employees knew whether they had sold out or merely hadn't had them in the first place.

So is it worth getting the UK release instead of the USA Target release, or will they be equivalent releases?