All Week [ENDED] David's Giveaway series #02 - Jaws Collector's Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naughtius Maximus

Premium Supporter
Oct 30, 2011
Hello members, and thanks for reading about my giveaway!

HOST / Donated by:
Naughtius Maximus / Discshop.se

DURATION:
Ninja week: Feb 22 - Feb 28

WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All registered members, regardless of post count

The PRIZE:

discshop- (1).jpg
Discshop (1).jpg

(All wording is in English)

How do i win this?!

Q: What's the challenge?
A: Tell us your first memory of watching this film and the effects (if any) it had on you!

CONTEST TERMS and other Info:
One post/entry per person. The winner is responsible for paying for his/her own shipping. I will contact winner(s) with info but due to its weight this will cost at least £25 to send EU / ROW.

MULTIPLE WINS? No problem, I will combine all your winnings into one package at a combined shipping cost.

Good luck everyone!

Click HERE to support the site

Stay tuned for updates throughout the Ninja Week 2016 and all year round:

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Last edited:
Oh another great giveaway! ;) Thanks!

Haha, oh, I remember that first viewing very well :D
It was right before we went to our summer vacation. Never left the beach to go for a swim. Obviously. It got better over time, but as much as I love free-diving, I wouldn't be truthful if I said I don't get weird in the stomach when it gets a little dark down below.

Last edited:
The bit where Quint got eaten by Jaws shocked me when I was a kid, can't remember what age I was exactly when I first watched it though

Thanks for the giveaway mate :thumbs:

I was pretty young, probably 10 or so. I was thinking it was pretty good graphics and believable at the time. To this day i really think this is a top 5 film especially for its time.

Thanks David for the giveaway.

Many thanks!! I actually live in the area in Jersey that the film was inspired by so it definitely scared the ishhh out of me going to the beach lol

I watched this movie when I was studying in Australia . After watching this I was scared to go into the water and just sat around on th beaches.

watched when were young with bunch of friends. when something scary happened we were like, have to get something from the fridge or visit bathroom :rofl:

Awesome giveaway, David! Never did get the chance to own this beauty.

My Dad came home from the video store when I was little -- around the age of 10 or so. My younger brother and sister sat with me on the couch as my Dad put in the surprise VHS. My Mom had a look on her face like, "I can't believe you're doing this," and my Dad was giggling, telling his kids how much they were going to enjoy this.

That creepy theme music played and my Dad was pretending he was swimming through the water like a shark. My brother, sister and I didn't have a clue what was happening... until a woman was pulled under the water. We freaked, but Dad said it was okay!

Once blood started bubbling and limbs started falling, we couldn't handle it anymore, and my Mom told my Dad to shut it off. He was bummed. Hahaha! Man, I love my Dad.

Anyway, I went to bed that night wide-awake and horrified. We lived in the country, so our home was built on a well... so here I am thinking that Jaws is going to come through my bedroom floor to eat me from the well underneath our house. Oh, the childhood imagination.

Today I love Jaws and I'll always have the wonderful memory. It was the second creature feature that I ever saw and part of the reason why I love them so much today.

Reactions: MrsRobinson
I think I've mentioned it on here before somewhere, but I have a huge fear of sharks and open water, all because of this film! I remember it being on TV when I was younger, and it terrified me... I never even watched the film all the way through until I was in my late teens. Even now it scares the bejesus out of me, but I love it! So many intense moments... even the scenes in which not much is happening still have you on the edge of your seat, all of which is helped by the chilling soundtrack. Such a classic!

Thanks for the giveaway mate. :thumbs:

Excellent giveaway.
Never get tired of watching this master/classic movie watch it last week. Remember going to the seaside and was scared to go near the water.

Watched it in the 1980s and from then I was rather interested in the real life of Great Whites. Love the movie but hate the effect it had on people, considering these great predators as killers.

Thanks for the awesome giveaway!!!!!

I can't remember the first time I watched it (I've seen it so many times the memory has most likely been diluted), but I can remember seeing the poster in a Scottish bus-stop in the early eighties (about '84 so not sure if it was a re-release).

So many give-ways, great times.

Status
Not open for further replies.