[ENDED][Retro & Collectables Giveaway] Robocop 1/6th Figure by Hot Toys! (worth £189!)

Naughtius Maximus

Premium Supporter
Oct 30, 2011
Dead or alive, you're coming with me!

HOST / Donated by:
Naughtius Maximus / Retro & Collectables

DURATION:
19th April - 8th May

WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All registered members, regardless of post count

The PRIZE: (worth £189!)

http://www.retroandcollectables.co.uk/robocop-hot-toys

How do i win this?!

Q 1) Studios keep remaking classics, what film do you think would be the worst ever to remake
Q 2) What remake is actually better than the original? and why
Q 3) If original Robocop had a fight with the new Robocop who would win?

CONTEST TERMS and other Info:
One post/entry per person. You may request as many steels as you like. The winner is responsible for paying for his/her own shipping. see here for costs:

UK: £13
EU: £20
ROW: £TBC (probably £25-35, depends on your location)

Good luck everyone!

Click HERE to support the site

Last edited:
1) The Godfather would be the worst to remake. Absolute classic.

2) John Carpenter's The Thing is actually better than the original 'The Thing From Another World'. It just kicks ass. So atmospheric.

3) The original Robocop would win in a fight. So come quietly or there will be.....trouble.

Thanks for an awesome giveaway.

Thanks for the awesome giveway.

1. A movie that i think it would be bad is the new remake of Ben Hur. The classic won 11 Oscars and its one of the best classic action/adventure movies.

2. The Thing ( John carpenter ) After having a lackluster run in theaters, Carpenter’s The Thing is now considered to be one of the greatest entries in both the sci-fi and horror genres. Better than the original " The thing from another world"

3. The original Robocop would win the fight. He knows better tricks than the new one :p

Thanks for the contest!
1) It's a Wonderful Life. And they have actually been talking about possibly remaking it! Uggg!!!
2) 12 Monkeys is a great film - where La Jete is a pretentious slide show.
3) Murphy V.1 wins because he is a Sherman tank. V.2 is a Nokia Cell phone. No Contest!

Cool Giveaway:

Q 1) Studios keep remaking classics, what film do you think would be the worst ever to remake
Metropolis. There's no way you can remake that with the same "feel" as the original. It would never be the same or better.

Q 2) What remake is actually better than the original? and why
Ocean's Eleven. The remake is funny and fast paced while the original is slow and even boring (they had a chance with all those famous actors but failed)

Q 3) If original Robocop had a fight with the new Robocop who would win?
The original!

Thanks =)

Many thanks for the fantastic giveaway David and R&C. :notworthy:

1. I could easily list hundreds of films here, but I'd hate to see them remake Taxi Driver... especially if they gave it a modern setting. (n)

2. The upcoming female Ghostbusters :rofl::vomit:. Seriously though... it's more of a reboot, but Pete Travis' Dredd was the first movie to spring to mind. It's just simply bad ass!

3. The studio would win... :greedy: KER-CHING! I'd like to think the original RoboCop would win, but the newer one has advanced weapons/technology, so he'd probably come out victorious, sadly.

Thanks again! And good luck to everyone. :thumbs:

Q1 Die Hard, The Godfather, Scarface
Q2 Dawn of the Dead
Q3 The new Robocop, better agility and weapons.

Great giveaway David!!

1. Shawshank Redemption, just imagine the new one with a gangster vibe and Jason Statham in it.
2. True Lies. The original La Totale, was below average for a french film, James Cameron's remake, was absolutely brilliant, loved Bill Paxton in it.
3. Original Robocop, solely as the new one was pants, and cgi'd anyway, and looked like a ponce :p.
Thanks for the fantastic giveaway. Coolio

Reactions: Marco86
1 the good the bad and the ugly, it has had its fair share of imitations but a remake would be blasphemous.

2 the dawn of the dead remake was spot on, I was dreading seeing how they would treat this movie and was in shock that it was actually better than the original.

3 The original robocop would win an the latest one was pure garbage

thank you

1) Back to the future - just no
2) The thing - Just a classic. Kurt Russel nails it and the practical FX are great for its time.
3) Easy answer. The original. Just 100% better in every way.

1. Titanic, Shawshank Redemption and the good the bad and the ugly.

2. I also go with the thing here. It is one if my favourite horror movies.

3. The old robocop would win because of his old school brutality

Thanks for the great GA

Thanks for the opportunity. Great Giveaway!

1. West Side Story
2. Bram Stocker's Dracula. It is a classic on its own, extraordinary performances, cinematography, beautiful colors, customs, sound and music...
3. The original RoboCop would win.

Thanks;

Last edited:
Q 1) Studios keep remaking classics, what film do you think would be the worst ever to remake - Forrest Gump
Q 2) What remake is actually better than the original? and why - I would have to also say The Thing (John Carpenter) due to superb performances and direction
Q 3) If original Robocop had a fight with the new Robocop who would win? The original would win.

Thanks

Q 1) Casablanca
Q 2) Ocean's 11 (like the updated style and cast)
Q 3) probably the new one cause technology has evolved

1) Back to the Future - It is perfect just the way it is for generations to come so no need to ruin it with some crappy remake (like the new ghostbusters ;))

2) Evil Dead remake - It was scarier, funnier and all around better than the original 10/10 :thumbs:

3) Original Murphy :thumbs:

Thanks for this amazing giveaway :thumbs:

Hi Naughtius,

Thanks for the giveaway opportunity!

1) Studios should not reboot or remake Indiana Jones with any actor that is not Harrison Ford. To me, Ford is Indy and no one else would be able to fill his shoes.
2) King Kong by Peter Jackson was a fantastic remake and IMO better than the original (for obvious reasons) due to the technological advances in film-making today.
3) If the new Robocop fought the old, the new one would win since it seems to be more highly advanced and has better weapons than the original. But if you are talking mano y mano, Peter Weller (in his prime) would probably be able to take down Joel Kinnaman!:D

Q 1) The Exoricst. The sheer terror of that movie can never be duplicated.
Q 2) Ocean's Eleven is my favorite remake. Great cast and just an all-around excellent film.
Q 3) The original Robocop would totally win due to his superior badass-ery

Brilliant giveaway
1) LAWRENCE OF ARABIA (David Lean) (Classic film that inspired most modern day directors and should never have a remake because it simply does not need one )

2) The Thing (John Carpenter) It's an amazing better film than the 1954 original The Thing from Another World

3) The Original Robocop would win a fight as he never gave up no matter what he faced

Thanks
Paul