Entertainment One (EOne) - SteelBook Poll - new products [UK]

Which of these Steelbooks would you like to see produced....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi All,

Hope you all had good long weekends :)

Want to thank you all for the feedback, it is extremely useful.

We want to engage more with the consumer, and felt this was the perfect forum to convey this.

I appreciate as collectors, you all have your personal preferences, but as a business we have to ensure they are commercially viable.

There is always a reason why something isn't produced in Steelbook form.

Just wanted to give you some context to who eOne are.....we are a global distribution company....some of the films we own and produce, and we also have output deals with production arms such as Dreamwork's, AMC, Pinewood etc. Various films around the world have different licensing rights, i.e. Hunger Games in the US is distributed by eOe, but over here Elevation Sales (Lionsgate) distribute it for the UK Market. eOne has a catalogue of around 1000 lines.
You can look on Rakuten on our shop http://www.rakuten.co.uk/shop/eonedirect/ or you can see who owns the rights to films on Amazon.co.uk

We always want to add value to our releases, which is why I am reaching out to the audience on here. The list I constructed was to gauge interest in titles that have sold well from our catalogue. (Football Factory for example has sold over a million copies!) We have to look at these commercially, which is why you will not see titles like The Rover, or Signal in steelbook form, as they have not met thresholds selling less than 15,000 units in the market week of release. We are often limited in the print run, where we have to produce a minimum of 4000 units, and we have to be sure of selling this through. (they are not cheap to produce in comparison with a normal release) There is a possibility we can look at doing smaller print runs, but again ensure we target the right titles to ensure sell through.

On a more specific note, I have looked over your comments and of course the poll to get the general consensus. The reason why we haven't look at the continuation of the Walking Dead Steelbooks to date was two fold....we had negative feedback on the "jumbo" packaging, and Season 3 underwhelmed in sales, meaning if we were to produce 4000 we would be left with a stock problem. I am going to speak to our product managers this week if we can look in to doing a limited run in conjunction with the S5 release (later this year) so please bear with me! We are always looking at exclusives for the Walking Dead series which is why we produced the Artbook for season 4.

I am quite shock with the interest in Lost In Translation!! Generally speaking, drama on Blu Ray does not convert well, although I know the pedigree of this film is very different! Again, I am going to pitch this internally, and hopefully come back to you with 3 pieces of artwork to choose from.

A lot of interest for Insurgent.....again whilst we produced Divergent in Steelbook, this had a poor sales history, which is why we do not have this planned in at this date. Again, I will pick up internally on this, if the demand is there for it.

Please do keep communication flowing with what you want to see.....everything will be considered if it makes sense for both parties! (make sure it is in our catalogue though :) )

Kind regards,

Adrian
Thank you for your honest and informative reply, Adrian. :)

Lost in Translation has gained almost cult status over the years, so I'm not the least bit surprised to see that so many of our members have voted for it. If you do decide to release it in Steelbook form, then I ask that you be careful when deciding on artwork, as that plays a huge part for us collectors and can make or break our decision to buy.

As was mentioned in a previous post... it would be a great idea to let our community vote on the final art, which has been done before on here and proved to be pretty successful. I understand that it may not be as simple as it sounds, but it's an idea to consider and could really help with sales.

Thanks again for listening to our feedback!

Magnolia is way overdue.

giphy.gif

would love to see The Blob (with steve mcqueen), Emperor of the North and White Line Fever. But then I always go for the cult classics. aside from those, i'd love to see The Man who loved Cat Dancing and 1941.

would love to see The Blob (with steve mcqueen), Emperor of the North and White Line Fever. But then I always go for the cult classics. aside from those, i'd love to see The Man who loved Cat Dancing and 1941.
None of these titles are distributed by eOne (Entertainment One)

The Blob 1958 in the UK the distribution is with Fabulous Films
That is a film I like to see as a steelbook myself but not possible for eOne to release

None of these titles are distributed by eOne (Entertainment One)

The Blob 1958 in the UK the distribution is with Fabulous Films
That is a film I like to see as a steelbook myself but not possible for eOne to release

Probably didn't realize that this is an eONE person in the UK (as it wasn't stated) where as eONE are in many Markets. Like USA and Canada as well for example. Thus the library of movies is different in the territories.