Evening

Oct 18, 2017
I've been a "collector" for some years now, initially collecting DVDs. After purchasing a blu ray player, my collecting switched to blu ray, replacing a lot of my DVD collection with blu ray. Recently I started focusing on steelbooks. I love this format and wish I had started collecting them earlier.

So far I have resisted getting a 4K player as I'm not sure my wallet could stand upgrading my blu rays collection to 4K blu rays.

Paul

Hey Paul, I’m new myself mate and just learning the ropes , seems like a great place and people know there stuff.

I’ve also just started to get into the steel book game and wish I’d started earlier as I have missed out on some great releases.

I've been a "collector" for some years now, initially collecting DVDs. After purchasing a blu ray player, my collecting switched to blu ray, replacing a lot of my DVD collection with blu ray. Recently I started focusing on steelbooks. I love this format and wish I had started collecting them earlier.

So far I have resisted getting a 4K player as I'm not sure my wallet could stand upgrading my blu rays collection to 4K blu rays.

Paul

Welcome to the forums Paul.

I know some people have upgraded to 4K players just to get the new movies released in that format without the need to upgrade the whole library all over again. Players will usually upscale your existing BD when played so you'll still get a great picture without having to spend a ton of money on replacing everything. Food for thought :)

Hey Paul, I’m new myself mate and just learning the ropes , seems like a great place and people know there stuff.

I’ve also just started to get into the steel book game and wish I’d started earlier as I have missed out on some great releases.

Welcome to HDN! Feel free to give me a shout (PM or tag) if you need help around the forums.