May 30, 2014
Release date: 18th of January, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi, HMV
Price: £22.99
Notes: Contains both 2D & 3D

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If like me your major consideration is that you need to love the movie before buying the steelbook , then yes I'd try and watch it first . Wouldn't say it's blind buy material
Gone are the days that I can just easily buy every single steelbooks man.. It has to be worth spending the dollar. :thumbs:

Just watched the movie, it was kinda nice but nothing special. 6/10 but has no replayability. It doesnt warrant a buy for me.

i agree. it held my interest, and with the artwork i will have to pass. i was hoping for a better movie and the chance for a killer cover was there.

And it probably is. Won't touch this unless it's £10 or less.
I enjoyed the film but justifying £23 price tag is kind of hard. Patience is a virtue, they say and I'm as patient as they come :D
Completely agree with you.

Check out the actual pics in tbe Czech thread (I'm pretty sure it will be the exact same steelbook) it looks very washed out.

Completely agree with you.

Check out the actual pics in tbe Czech thread (I'm pretty sure it will be the exact same steelbook) it looks very washed out.

Yeah, I did that. Seems to be a washed out dull matte finish.
Steelbooks like this Everest here are the reason I get ballistic when I see a £20+ price tag when the price should've been max. £13.99.

When will people realize these things aren't worth 400-500% more than the production cost?
And they are not worth as much as someone is willing to pay. That's is just a ludicrous saying - it's not a high end Mark Levinson power amplifier :D

30 grams of steel on a Steelbook has, in this case, a price tag of around £18 (not counting the discs and the disc holder(s)), which is MORE than a 50g Silver bar which is around £15.

As long as ALL of us endorse these kind of rip-offs, we'll always be pulling the shortest end of the stick.

A good example is Good Morning Vietnam which was £13.99 when released, I believe.
It's down to £5.99 right now and I've only paid £4.90 with the 20% discount and Zavvi just broke even OR is even making a few pence on it.

We don't have to pay the prices they set for us. We CAN wait and they WILL lower them to an acceptable level :)

Sorry for going off-topic a bit again. I woke up really upset this morning :hilarious:

I watched the movie and while I enjoyed it (as much as you can enjoy wathing a story about a tragedy that really occured...), I agree with most of you: I can't imagine rewatching it again. Maybe if I catch it on TV or something, but to actually have it in my collection...no.
says a man that has already some crappy movies in his collection :D

It's not a Zavvi exclusive it's a trade wide release available from a few different retailers in the UK

Zavvi listing no longer listed as as Zavvi exclusive it only says Limited Edition Steelbook

HMV listing also is the same it's not listed as a Hmv exclusive it's only listed as Everest Limited Edition Steelbook
I can see yes the url say hmv exclusive but the website listing don't say it's a hmv exclusive

This can happen with some releases the film studio changes their mind to make a release available from all or a few retailers for a number of different reasons
It's still a limited edition

well as money is tight and finish etc on this is poor. have cancelled this as still not sold out with only 2 weeks till release.
will wait for a big price drop on this me thinks, otherwise not bothered.

basil :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Scary Hair