Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date:2016
WWA steelbook,300 limited
More details coming soon.

full

Last edited:
But "Loose lenticular" carries more of an appropriate sense of uselessness/stupidity ;), of a retailer not imagining or caring that people could enjoy opening their product without having a lenticular card you don't know what to do with hanging around — please no one bring up the 'glue it to the full slip' argument, that's just sad.

When I think of a full slip with lenticular card, I think of FilmArena's products, where the lenticular is inside the full slip and has a magnet. That makes a bit more sense to me, though to me if you want to have a lenticular the best option is a lenticular slipbox, and HDZeta knows how to do those, they've done Interstellar in the 'Gold' line-up! So why can't they do that with the 'Silver' editions is beyond my comprehension.

That being said, I'm still tempted by their Man from UNCLE edition, because no other 'premium' retailers have a release scheduled for this steelbook (I almost pulled the trigger on the German steelbook, but waited to see how HDZeta's slipbox would turn out... still though, $71 is very pricey).

EDIT: Especially when the San Andreas HDZeta edition with the 3D disc is priced at $55 in the GB thread, that's $16 less than UNCLE which isn't in 3D... :confused:
Exactly!
But I like to think that 'loose lenticular' is their way of trying to cater to two different type of collectors. Then what about all the others then?
For example, for those lenticular collectors who like to keep it sealed or for those full slip collectors who like to open their copy. This would interest those 2 type of collectors only. What about people who love lenticular but want to open the package?

Anyways, I might have even bought at that price since I loved this movie, but it's not worth it IMO (loost lenti + ugly WWA). I can understand if this was one of their first releases, but numbering card and post cards are being done by every retailer now that it has become a norm. So it feels/looks like there wasn't enough effort when I see the pictures. There could've actually been effort but it's not apparent.

Oh well, more for you ninjas! :thumbs: I'll wait till someone does a WEA :watch::)

Just an FYI it is Chinese new year celebration right now and everything shuts down in China during that period.
Officially Celebration — 7 Days (February 7–13, 2016) public holiday for Chinese. Usually people have 7 consecutive days off from Chinese New Year's Eve and following that there is a weekend. @wxlinkswd had stated in an other HDzeta thread that he would not be available from the 7th to around the 15th if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
@C.C. 95 or other who picked up HDzeta edition with loose lenti that comes over the fullslip. When you unseal the fullslip and the loose lentis come apart, is there slight damage under the loose lenti on the main Fullslips like scuff marks or scratchers since they must be rubbing on the Fullslip being loose and all ?

@C.C. 95 or other who picked up HDzeta edition with loose lenti that comes over the fullslip. When you unseal the fullslip and the loose lentis come apart, is there slight damage under the loose lenti on the main Fullslips like scuff marks or scratchers since they must be rubbing on the Fullslip being loose and all ?

Flower AS long as I get one in my grubby paws it can rub what it likes :) .

Exactly!
But I like to think that 'loose lenticular' is their way of trying to cater to two different type of collectors. Then what about all the others then?
For example, for those lenticular collectors who like to keep it sealed or for those full slip collectors who like to open their copy. This would interest those 2 type of collectors only. What about people who love lenticular but want to open the package?

Anyways, I might have even bought at that price since I loved this movie, but it's not worth it IMO (loost lenti + ugly WWA). I can understand if this was one of their first releases, but numbering card and post cards are being done by every retailer now that it has become a norm. So it feels/looks like there wasn't enough effort when I see the pictures. There could've actually been effort but it's not apparent.

Oh well, more for you ninjas! :thumbs: I'll wait till someone does a WEA :watch::)

This is the reason why I think FA is so Smart, they have the Fullslip and if you want the lenti or not its your choice as it is within the package. So you could leave it on front of steel or remove it...I am not a fan of lenti but at least that part has a place and is not just ''ok I opened the package and 2 lentis fall off the fullslip what do I do with them ?'' or I have to open the Fullslip if I want to see it as the lentis are hiding it ? I just find this concept awkward. But Fa made me love those magnet lenticular Lenti adn I am not a lenti person. Sorry I thin k I may have said that before :bag:

Reactions: AlienKing
I have yet to get a HDZ with the loose lenti configuration. But, I have many custom lenti magnets that I put on my steelbooks, and they cause no damage. I'm not sure if the HDZ loose lentis are magnets or not.
Other than the loose lenti being the difference, the FAC is fine for me on this one.

I have yet to get a HDZ with the loose lenti configuration. But, I have many custom lenti magnets that I put on my steelbooks, and they cause no damage. I'm not sure if the HDZ loose lentis are magnets or not.

no I know about the lenti magnet for the steelbook those I am used to, it is those ones that are put over the Fullslip (since Fullslip is Paper I am wondering id during manufacturing or shipping or handling process if those loose lenti to cover back and front of the fullslip if they leave marks on the Fullslip once we unseal.

no I know about the lenti magnet for the steelbook those I am used to, it is those ones that are put over the Fullslip (since Fullslip is Paper I am wondering id during manufacturing or shipping or handling process if those loose lenti to cover back and front of the fullslip if they leave marks on the Fullslip once we unseal.
It's a good question. I await the answer from someone who has purchased and opened up one of the "loose lenticular" HDZ releases.