Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date:2016
WWA steelbook,300 limited
More details coming soon.

full

Last edited:
I don't think there's been one report of any scratches underneath the loose lenti. It is secure under the shrinkwrap and does not move around. Getting back to this release, just realized the print run is even less than the Martian and just like "The Man from U.N.C.L.E."

Reactions: luke98
what I have noticed on the web though is that HDzeta Packaged ''generally'' tend not to retain their Paid Value as other companies do... its not just 1 or 2 titles, but the majority...from what I have observed. some exception applies.

• Informative
Reactions: WKRP
what I have noticed on the web though is that HDzeta Packaged ''generally'' tend not to retain their Paid Value as other companies do... its not just 1 or 2 titles, but the majority...from what I have observed. some exception applies.
that applies to pretty much everything these days. Most all releases start high in second market and then drop slowly. There are exceptions like you said but if you wait long enough you can usually snag a copy of a title for 1.5-2x its "retail" price

Last edited:
Reactions: JackRegan
It's all about the print run these days. To prove a point, Filmarena's Elektra which I have and cherish had a print run that was so low and considered to be a horrible movie cannot be touched by let's say their Ex Machina which was an amazing movie compared to Electra. A general rule of thumb : print run in the low hundreds vs one in the thousands is a no contest.

It's all about the print run these days. To prove a point, Filmarena's Elektra which I have and cherish had a print run that was so low and considered to be a horrible movie cannot be touched by let's say their Ex Machina which was an amazing movie compared to Electra. A general rule of thumb : print run in the low hundreds vs one in the thousands is a no contest.

although I have a feeling that The Martian FAC might be an exception to the rule, but I hear you about Elektra...and AASB...those are the ones...

Exactly. Low print run = more demand, less supply. Even awful/average movies benefit from the low print run. Resellers make a much larger profit for these items while the company does not see any of the profit. It seems to me that HDZeta is just hurting themselves with these low print runs. Customers get angry at how hard it is to obtain the item and HDZeta makes less profit.

The print runs for almost all the Asian specialty retailers have gone up quite a bit in the last 12-18 months. Blufans had never heard of a 4k print run of any title before Frozen, NovaMedia with their 5k run of The Avengers. This a bit to high for me personally but it is what it is. I'm glad we have 1 company that regularly puts out low print runs. I missed The Martian but got a copy of Ex_Machina from HDzeta. I know I will miss a chunk of their releases but chasing and finding the ones I missed and wanted is part of the fun of collecting. I would be pretty bored if I never missed a release I want. The majority of releases from everywhere are 2K and above so its good to have a little variety. If everyone has it is that really a collectable? Last scalpers are part of any collectable business, I think there is waaay to much talk about it on the forums over and over ,:banghead::banghead::banghead: Let it go you will be much happier, if there were no scalpers then that would be a terrible sign for collectable Steelbooks and you would see less releases and interest because scalping is a product of a healthy hobby. Just economics kids, felt like a rant sorry for the length. Will probably get savaged but that's fine, bed time.

Reactions: jammmy
The print runs for almost all the Asian specialty retailers have gone up quite a bit in the last 12-18 months. Blufans had never heard of a 4k print run of any title before Frozen, NovaMedia with their 5k run of The Avengers. This a bit to high for me personally but it is what it is. I'm glad we have 1 company that regularly puts out low print runs. I missed The Martian but got a copy of Ex_Machina from HDzeta. I know I will miss a chunk of their releases but chasing and finding the ones I missed and wanted is part of the fun of collecting. I would be pretty bored if I never missed a release I want. The majority of releases from everywhere are 2K and above so its good to have a little variety. If everyone has it is that really a collectable? Last scalpers are part of any collectable business, I think there is waaay to much talk about it on the forums over and over ,:banghead::banghead::banghead: Let it go you will be much happier, if there were no scalpers then that would be a terrible sign for collectable Steelbooks and you would see less releases and interest because scalping is a product of a healthy hobby. Just economics kids, felt like a rant sorry for the length. Will probably get savaged but that's fine, bed time.

I agree with some/most of what you said. I don't think people are upset that there are scalpers, just that they have to pay scalpers prices. As an ebayer and collector I feel for people who miss out so I prefer to trade first. When I list a movie on eBay I do buy it now with a $20 above cost(for eBay fees and profit) , however I'd say 95% of the time they don't sell at which point I relist as an auction and most times I make more then what the buy it now was( don't know why that is but it is) but there are some times I loose money. I do think buying a movie for $60(shipping included) and then putting it on eBay with a $80 mark up is stupid( unless it's something like Thor or As Above So Below kinds of movies).

Just my thoughts

Reactions: jammmy
Some people just want an enjoyable version of a movie they love. I don't care if a lot of people have the same steelbook as I do. The "I have something you don't have" mentality is juvenile. Imo.

Last edited:
that applies to pretty much everything these days. Most all releases start high in second market and then drop slowly. There are exceptions like you said but if you wait long enough you can usually snag a copy of a title for 1.5-2x its "retail" price

Directive to all and sundry - Copy and paste this EVERYWHERE!!!!!

Some people may even actually take notice stop behaving like a-holes :)

Regarding this - wasn't into the loose lenticular - why the bloody hell do I need a an odd-shape lenticular frizbee? :) Or is it a placemat?

answers on postcard to - pointless bloody bits @ hdn.com

So no chance to buy one directly from HDzeta or via groupbuy? Is that a joke or is really HDzeta using only secondary market to sell their stuff? Unbelievable...