Votes: 18 21.7%

• Total voters

spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Someone in the relese thread wanted a thread like this. Post your suggestions here and I will add them to a poll.

@InAFalsetto @chunk @matthewtheunicorn @steelbookz4eva @Covcraig (no, I'm not adding Spice Girls, lol!)

Edit: Everyone can of course name as many titles as the want, but only the first 2 of your choices will make the poll. I have to make a limit so the poll won't be 38 km's (or so) long. :p

Edit 2: You can vote for as many titles you want in the poll.

Last edited:
I hated that movie and will NEVER watch again. Very weird that's one of the first releases :|

Here's what I wants steels of:

Cast Away
Enemy At The Gates
Fear
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
Million Dollar Baby
No Country For Old Men
One Hour Photo
Silent Hill
Sling Blade
Stir Of Echoes
Swingers
Team America
The Hills Have Eyes
The Monster Squad
The Mothman Prophecies
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (new and old)
The Thin Red Line
What Lies Beneath

Some excellent choices there. I'd vote for about 5 of those, I just hope they can be considered in future if the nominations reopen.

Whilst Oblivion isn't one of my favourite films ever (and 3D would have been nice), you have to understand that other people may like it and quite honestly I think their rumoured early choices are of the calibre I was hoping for (even if I'm mainly just interested in the Cornetto Trilogy at this point).

Reactions: EverythingBlu
Looking at the votes I find it odd oblivion was suggested to the studio! Still a great choice but pulp fiction, la la land, the green mile, blade runner and fight club for example have quite a high number of votes

Anyway I've just noticed inherent vice has been added, which is great news. This needs to happen! It's beyond me that retailer has not chose this yet.
So much amazing poster art to use
We did not suggest Oblivion to the studio recently. We have the schedule that we have listed above which has been in discussions for about a year along side Shaun of the Dead.

The thread is created because NOTHING happens over night, so we need to bring up suggestions now so they fall behind our initial schedule. We do not want people thinking we suggested the next 4 titles recently and ignored the voting poll.

Thanks again.
EverythingBlu

I would love to see the following - All of which I THINK does not have any steelbook treatment at all currently and do not seem to appear on the list above.

A Beautiful Mind
American Gangster
Catch Me if You Can
Lucky Number Slevin
Million Dollar Baby
Mystic River
Slumdog Millionaire
The 40 Year Old Virgin
The Notebook
The Pursuit of Happiness
The Social Network
The Truman Show
Unbreakable

Apologies if some had already been mentioned.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I would love to see the following - All of which I THINK does not have any steelbook treatment at all currently and do not seem to appear on the list above.

A Beautiful Mind
American Gangster
Catch Me if You Can
Lucky Number Slevin
Million Dollar Baby
Mystic River
Slumdog Millionaire
The 40 Year Old Virgin
The Notebook
The Pursuit of Happiness
The Social Network
The Truman Show
Unbreakable

A good few of those have German steelbook releases already. But yeah, they're pretty rubbish though!

A Beautiful Mind
American Gangster
Catch Me if You Can
Lucky Number Slevin
Million Dollar Baby
Mystic River
Slumdog Millionaire
The 40 Year Old Virgin
The Notebook
The Pursuit of Happiness
The Social Network
The Truman Show
Unbreakable

We can't add anymore to the poll, it's maxed out with the most it can accept.

A Beautiful Mind
American Gangster
Catch Me if You Can
Lucky Number Slevin
Million Dollar Baby
Mystic River
Slumdog Millionaire
The 40 Year Old Virgin
The Notebook
The Pursuit of Happiness
The Social Network
The Truman Show
Unbreakable

Some nice choices in there. Too bad the poll is already full (and with a bunch of films that have already had SteelBooks in the past, too).

I have revised the poll with the top eleven votes. I went with eleven instead of ten because the lowest vote in the top ten was 14 and there were two entries with 14 votes. Please vote for your favorite titles (yes you can change your vote if you want to) and we'll see where we stand and @EverythingBlu can see what he can do when he talks with the studios. Note: There are no guarantees that a particular title will make it.