Dec 21, 2013
Australia
Release Date: July 26th 2017
Purchase Link: Amazon Japan
Price: ¥8172

518VXkksH8L._SY400_.jpg

41K4kSWknaL._SY400_.jpg

Last edited:
At least this one is still available, there is a German one too, in my opinion this one is much nicer. The German one does not have "Evil Dead" written on it it has it in German instead. Also the painting is much nicer on the Japanese one. I know you can't get the floor one but this one is a nice substitute for sure.
Actually, this set sold out from Amazon.jp too. It just took a few more days than the remake.

Anyone know if this is still out as well as 2013 edition in july i believe the german 2013 was delayed and french 1983 editions also same but last time i looked was no change to japan editions.
Tempted as i was to get germany or french editions it was just way cheaper for both from japan.

Anyone know if this is still out as well as 2013 edition in july i believe the german 2013 was delayed and french 1983 editions also same but last time i looked was no change to japan editions.
Tempted as i was to get germany or french editions it was just way cheaper for both from japan.
Hey @bwatt99. I believe both the Japanese 1983 and 2013 editions have sold out but they're releasing in 2 weeks so there may be a few last minute cancelled preorders to snap up if you're quick. The 1983 version is still available to preorder on amazon.fr for 120 euros. Its still there, i just checked but i don't think it will be around for long. My advice, grab it while you can! Good luck.

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82
Hey @bwatt99. I believe both the Japanese 1983 and 2013 editions have sold out but they're releasing in 2 weeks so there may be a few last minute cancelled preorders to snap up if you're quick. The 1983 version is still available to preorder on amazon.fr for 120 euros. Its still there, i just checked but i don't think it will be around for long. My advice, grab it while you can! Good luck.
I already have these on pre order from japan just was not sure if released on day it says or delayed like others. As its not that long to wait now if it is.

I already have these on pre order from japan just was not sure if released on day it says or delayed like others. As its not that long to wait now if it is.
Nice one @bwatt99. I just checked my Amazon.co.jp account and both items are still stating 26-7-17 for shipping so as far as I'm aware they haven't been delayed. I guess we'll both find out in a couple of weeks!:thumbs:

Well here you go guys. I just opened my Evil Dead from Japan and it looks awesome! And since I also have the one from Germany I can tell you it looks exactly! the same. I have attached a couple photos of both to compare, but there is no difference other than the writing. As far as the total package goes, the German edition wins hands down. The Japan one comes in a plain white box where as the German one comes in a much nicer one with artwork on it. Also with the German version you get a really nice media book, t-shirt & poster. With the Japan version you just get the bluray with a rather crappy low rez image on the front.

I'm really glad I ordered the Evil Dead 2 bust from Nameless Media because if it's like this one the packaging will smoke the Japan version.

ed.jpg evi2.jpg 51guv78F1-L.jpg

Well here you go guys. I just opened my Evil Dead from Japan and it looks awesome! And since I also have the one from Germany I can tell you it looks exactly! the same. I have attached a couple photos of both to compare, but there is no difference other than the writing. As far as the total package goes, the German edition wins hands down. The Japan one comes in a plain white box where as the German one comes in a much nicer one with artwork on it. Also with the German version you get a really nice media book, t-shirt & poster. With the Japan version you just get the bluray with a rather crappy low rez image on the front.

I'm really glad I ordered the Evil Dead 2 bust from Nameless Media because if it's like this one the packaging will smoke the Japan version.

View attachment 324528 View attachment 324529 View attachment 324530
Damn u got that fast!! Looks amazing!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: Phantasmic

View attachment 324528 View attachment 324529 View attachment 324530

2 reasons I did not get the German one, was I did not like the paint pallet they those, and 2 I love "The Evil Dead" and never liked the foreign lettering. Side by side can see what I meant about the paint I definitely love the Japanese coloring better. I was afraid I'd have remorse about not picking it up... Thanks for putting them next to each other!!