Apr 14, 2017
France
Release date: October 30, 2018
Purchase link: Amazon FR
Price: €24.99

817Bkzrl1ZL._SX385_.jpg

37085252_486794838441812_6006153898190962688_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the title of this thread should be amended because this French steelbook never said it contained a 4K disc to begin with. It mentions in the press release article above that it contains a restored transfer from the 4K negative and a bonus disc......

The Zavvi one does deem to have the UHD disc and a BD disc (whether it's the original UK BD discs or the newly restored one from the 4K negative like this French one contains remains to be seen) but seems to be missing the bonus disc?

The other complete 3 disc listing on Amazon France doesn't seem to be a steelbook though.

So it looks like there are conflicting editions between steelbook and countries......

Steelbookpro however states in their press release the following........

Sales sites are now clearer: you can preorder:
  • the steelbook containing blu-ray with an image from a 4K master
  • the blu-ray 4K (UHD) without steelbook

I think the title of this thread should be amended because this French steelbook never said it contained a 4K disc to begin with. It mentions in the press release article above that it contains a restored transfer from the 4K negative and a bonus disc......

The Zavvi one does deem to have the UHD disc and a BD disc (whether it's the original UK BD discs or the newly restored one from the 4K negative like this French one contains remains to be seen) but seems to be missing the bonus disc?

The other complete 3 disc listing on Amazon France doesn't seem to be a steelbook though.

So it looks like there are conflicting editions between steelbook and countries......

Steelbookpro however states in their press release the following........

Sales sites are now clearer: you can preorder:
  • the steelbook containing blu-ray with an image from a 4K master
  • the blu-ray 4K (UHD) without steelbook
Zavvi might be 3 Discs and not 2 Discs but that won't be known for sure until in hand
4K UHD Film
Blu-ray Film
Extras Disc

There is new extras in this release on Zavvi listing so it can't be same disc as previous UK 2013 Blu-ray release

It will be hilarious if Zavvi Steelbook release not 4K UHD :rofl:

There is new extras in this release on Zavvi listing so it can't be same disc as previous UK 2013 Blu-ray release

It will be hilarious if Zavvi Steelbook release not 4K UHD :rofl:

What's the new extras?

They look the same as the original StudioCanal release are they not?

According to Zavvis listing.....

Description
Featuring amazing artwork by - Anthony Petrie
BLU-RAY 1 :

• The movie
  • Audio commentary with Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, Scott Spiegel and Greg Nicotero
BLU-RAY 2 :
  • 52min bonus about the influence of the movie on famous directors (Guillermo Del Toro, etc.)
  • Shallowed Souls : The making of Evil Dead 2
  • Dead by dawn
  • The chosen ones
  • Special effects
  • Madman Sam
  • Re-animated
  • Method to madness
  • Rosebud
  • Cabin Fever - A "Fly on the Wall" - Look Behind the Scenes of EVIL DEAD 2
  • Road to Wadesboro: revisiting the shooting location with filmmaker Tony Elwood
  • Making of 2 "The Gore the Merrier”
  • Interview with Bruce Campbell
  • Original trailer

Check out the link here and compare the UK StudioCanal version and they look the same to me.....

What's the new extras?

They look the same as the original StudioCanal release are they not?

According to Zavvis listing.....

Description
Featuring amazing artwork by - Anthony Petrie
BLU-RAY 1 :

• The movie
  • Audio commentary with Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, Scott Spiegel and Greg Nicotero
BLU-RAY 2 :
  • 52min bonus about the influence of the movie on famous directors (Guillermo Del Toro, etc.)
  • Shallowed Souls : The making of Evil Dead 2
  • Dead by dawn
  • The chosen ones
  • Special effects
  • Madman Sam
  • Re-animated
  • Method to madness
  • Rosebud
  • Cabin Fever - A "Fly on the Wall" - Look Behind the Scenes of EVIL DEAD 2
  • Road to Wadesboro: revisiting the shooting location with filmmaker Tony Elwood
  • Making of 2 "The Gore the Merrier”
  • Interview with Bruce Campbell
  • Original trailer

Check out the link here and compare the UK StudioCanal version and they look the same to me.....
Not the same it has previous extras and new extra
New extra
Bonus Exclusive
52 min bonus about the influence of the movie on famous directors (Guillermo Del Toro, etc.)

Note
The Swallowed Souls - The Making of Evil Dead II extra that was on previous Blu-ray and also included with this new release is 98 min by itself so that is a different the extra to (52min bonus about the influence of the movie on famous directors)

This release has new extra and previous extras and is likely why is requires a separate Blu-ray disc

France 4K UHD release is 3 Discs

Last edited:
Maybe that new extra is exclusive to the UHD?
No
The extras is on the Blu-ray Disc
This is why France and Germany 4K UHD release is 3 Discs
Disc 1) 4K UHD Film
Disc 2) Blu-ray Film
Disc 3) Blu-ray Bonus extras disc

UHD disc has Film
The only extra on UHD is Audio commentary with Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, Scott Spiegel and Greg Nicotero

4K UHD discs in general only have trailer and Audio commentary as extras

I hope Zavvi listing is correct and includes 4K UHD the backlash will be loud it don't :LOL:
Zavvi price is lot less compared to Germany 4K UHD Steelbook ?

German 4K UHD Steelbook is €34.99 (3 Discs)
France Amaray 4K UHD €29.99 (3 Discs)
France Blu-ray Steelbook €24.99 (2 Discs)
Zavvi price €28.99 (£24.99) Listed as 2 Discs ????

Last edited:
Releases like this is why I started collecting steelbooks to begin with!

Exclusive artwork for a premium edition is perhaps the biggest selling points for me- I’m not a fan of lazy, recycled art which matches amaray releases (unless of course said artwork is iconic)