Evil Dead Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

Oct 13, 2013
Release date: September 22, 2017
Purchase link: TBA
Price: €44.99

tanz1.jpg

tanz2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Agh. I was thinking this could use proper trilogy Steelbook version the other day, hope it comes out outside DE as well

Such a good cover which combines classic images from all three movies in an awesome 80's poster art style. But then....the german title and the hypetrain derailed :/

I think it's really annoying that half of the comments on EVERY german release are about the title being in german.
They are from GERMAN retailers for GERMAN people. They are NOT meant to be sold worldwide.
At this point, where it is written everytime this is just SPAM and becomes more annoying than one-word posts.

I think it's really annoying that half of the comments on EVERY german release are about the title being in german.
They are from GERMAN retailers for GERMAN people. They are NOT meant to be sold worldwide.
At this point, where it is written everytime this is just SPAM and becomes more annoying than one-word posts.
I can definitely understand where you coming from, although i wouldn't consider my comment as spam since i also comment about how neat the art itself looks and what makes it so special.
Btw. here i'm going to salute the Italians, they use the original title on their steelbooks with Italian title on jcard.

As a non-German... I agree.

I have already "Armee der finsternis" :p:D new 4K remaster and it´s a piece of art that one and Im definitely in for this trilogy as well coz the choice of art is brilliant again :cigar:. I don´t like German title either, but I can SWALLOW THIS! due to win of that beautiful art.

Btw is there some reason why Germans are so closely linked with Evil Dead movies? How many editions they already released in past? I don´t know exactly ( @virkia? :D ) but Im pretty sure it´s a LOT (and that´s good of course :coffee: )

German titles for German steelbooks is xenophobic and not user friendly.
Moreover, all film titles should be in their original language in order to have a more international appeal.
This is after all an American film so the titles should be EVIL DEAD, EVIL DEAD 2 and ARMY OF DARKNESS or simply THE EVIL DEAD TRILOGY or COLLECTION and non-English text should be relegated to the J-card where it belongs.
DAS DING ? DIE MOMIE ? Are you 'king serious ?

Great poster art but not representative - this being one of the original posters for the first film and nothing more.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------For the trilogy this is MUCH better:-
pppu9hva.jpg
0kvirvry.jpg

There's other artwork for the individuals out there equally as good, if not better, with some examples below . . . a couple even reminding me of those classic Arrow covers for films by Dario Argento, among others, with their artwork by Stephen Bissette, Tom Hodge, Graham Humphreys, Paul Shipper, Jeff Zornow and Rick Melton.
The 2013 U.K. Amaray release trilogy artwork is poor by comparison.

In summary - leave non-English print on the posters (and slips/J-cards).
II
V
fgoaqzma.jpg

vmguxevi.jpg
834ascpb.jpg
cpjzai9v.jpg
pruftwec.jpg
wddhrow6.jpg
dykfsalu.jpg

qe8gxbct.jpg
jyi5vqom.jpg
dvnsnqsf.jpg
jrxlppae.jpg
hu9tssek.jpg

Btw is there some reason why Germans are so closely linked with Evil Dead movies? How many editions they already released in past? I don´t know exactly ( @virkia? :D ) but Im pretty sure it´s a LOT (and that´s good of course :coffee: )
Actually, there is. The first Evil Dead was forbidden in Germany since 1984. Because of this, it had quite a legendary status. Last year, the prohibition has been lifted and the film re-rated with FSK 16. The German title "Tanz der Teufel" is actually more than just a film title now, it is strongly associated with the history of German film censorship.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: spass and Hereticz
Actually, there is. The first Evil Dead was forbidden in Germany since 1984. Because of this, it had quite a legendary status. Last year, the prohibition has been lifted and the film re-rated with FSK 16. The German title "Tanz der Teufel" is actually more than just a film title now, it is strongly associated with the history of German film censorship.

I knew there must be something behind this. Very interesting, thanks for clarification. Btw why exactly was first Evil Dead forbidden?

Because, according to a court of law, it was violating German law about violence glorification and/or violence belittlement in media (paragraph 131 StGB). It was very strong in the eighties and hit many classic horror movies like the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Dawn of the Dead.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Hereticz
German titles for German steelbooks is xenophobic

Sure and american Discs not offering german language is xenophobic too

not user friendly.

Because no german actually speaks german

more international appeal.

Because the TARGET audiance is clearly all around the world

non-English text should be relegated to the J-card where it belongs.

And we all know it covers the spine, which can be seen, when the Steelbook is put in a shelf

DAS DING ? DIE MOMIE ? Are you 'king serious ?

Actually it is DIE MUMIE ;)

Sure and american Discs not offering german language is xenophobic too
All English language films should carry the world's 3 other main languages . . . at the very least

Because no german actually speaks german
User friendly as in the International crowd

Because the TARGET audiance is clearly all around the world
Target audience for THE EVIL DEAD TRILOGY is not niche but universal

And we all know it covers the spine, which can be seen, when the Steelbook is put in a shelf
None of this Disney/Fox/Universal blank / thumbnail pic spine nonsense or two language titles . . . just English language title for English language films. . . . period.

Actually it is DIE MUMIE ;)
tenor.gif