Ex Machina (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #18) [Czech Republic]

Oct 28, 2013
Release date: October 2, 2015
Purchase link: FilmArena (sold out)
Price: 699 CZK (26.57)
Notes: Limited to 751 copies

Group Buy (closed): carllenc

ex machina.jpg

film_21522_1.jpg11816015_1162777940405425_843294735_n.jpg11774666_1162777947072091_1014548462_n.jpg

- WWA steelbook - same as Zavvi etc. (even though it looks little different from these photos - it is because of light)
- front embossed; back "AVA" title debossed
ex_machina_03.jpg

ex_machina_04.jpg
ex_machina_11.jpg
ex_machina_13.jpg

ex_machina_18.jpg

ex_machina_17.jpg

Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 English; DTS 5.1 Czech, Hungarian, Portuguese, Spanish; Dolby Digital 5.1 Polish, Russian, Thai, Turkish
Subtitles: English, Czech, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Estonian, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian
Region: ABC

Extras:
- The Story (00:02:17)
- The Cast (00:03:08)
- The Design (00:02:48)
- Creating Ava (00:03:17)
- The Turing Test (00:01:51)

-Single Blu-ray disc SteelBook,
- WEA FullSlip original packaging, with an attractive finish,
- Lenticular magnet with 3D effect of AVA,
- 32-page PhotoBook,
- Collectible Character Cards with protagonists,
- Collectible Art Cards art cards with interior design sketches,
- Numbered Plastic Collectible Card and of course a Holographic Sticker with the indication of the number of your Collector's Edition,
- And also a special bonus in the form of Collectible Poster with technical drawing of AVA Android.

Last edited by a moderator:
God that full slip is so ugly! Very cheap looking effect to use for the cover, like some cheesy filter in a photo editing app. HDZeta's may be plain, but it is MUCH nicer looking than this one. Everything else looks great though, love the 3d magnet.
Film Arena just pooped all over HDZeta's Ex Machina Honey & Bees Edition and used the Full slip to clean it up.

Reactions: DJ IXS and MrBMT
Probably an odd question but the first 5-6 FAC titles I got did not come with this large white barcode stickers on the back of each box. The last 3 I got in a shipment:Elektra, Exodus, and Commando all had them. I peeled them right off the box slowly and kept them on the outside of the Polybag I put them in. Since they do not leave any sticky residue on the box when you remove them any reason to leave them on there than I guess it is part of the factory seal?
I've got them all but one, AASB, which is why I'm leaning towards leaving them on even if they look better without if they all keeping coming with them.
I usually get 2 copies now so I can open one and keep one sealed or traded one once

Just so I get this right, can someone please confirm how much this is shipped to U.S? I calculate $82 for 2 SteelBooks
2x Ex_Machina Steelbooks
Price: 1400 CZK
HDN Fee: 120 CZK
Paypal Fee: 92 CZK
Total due: 1612 CZK (by PAYPAL GOODS)

SHIPPING TO US/CA/AUS/ASIA (1 to 2 steelbooks - 1000g)
Shipping: 320 CZK
Packing: 50 CZK
Paypal Fee: 22 CZK
Total: 392 CZK

1612 + 392 = 2004 CZK total cost select make sure to select the CZK option when paying via PayPal, and the correct dollar amount will be taken from your card/bank account. it is roughly $82 for 2 copies shipped to the US, correct.

Last edited:
The steelbook itself is so beautiful that I'm not going to put that lenticular magnet on it or anywhere near it

Dp you really want to start the open vs sealed debate? I'm not sure any topic has been beaten to death more than that one :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

2x Ex_Machina Steelbooks

1612 + 392 = 2004 CZK total select make sure to select the CZK option when paying via PayPal, and you'll have it converted to the dollar amount. Around $82 is correct.

Yes that is correct

Probably an odd question but the first 5-6 FAC titles I got did not come with this large white barcode stickers on the back of each box. The last 3 I got in a shipment:Elektra, Exodus, and Commando all had them. I peeled them right off the box slowly and kept them on the outside of the Polybag I put them in. Since they do not leave any sticky residue on the box when you remove them any reason to leave them on there than I guess it is part of the factory seal?
They look like FilmArena's internal product code; they are not even valid EAN codes.

I usually take this type of retailer's internal inventory stickers off, as I don't consider them to be part of the product itself.

Reactions: Actarus
Dam I didn't change the currency to CZK. I sent it via USD but sent correct amount. Will that be ok or is he gonna hate me?

Last edited:
Dam I didn't change the currency to CZK. I sent it via USD but sent correct amount. Will that be ok or is she gonna hate me?
He, and I'm not sure. I beleive Karel will now end up with a US dollar balance then be charged by PayPal to convert the currency from USD to CZK.
You'll need to speak with @carllenc & @Collector03601 about that, I suggest sending a PM and including them both in it.

Just so I get this right, can someone please confirm how much this is shipped to U.S? I calculate $82 for 2 SteelBooks

It's actually $84

2x Ex_Machina Steelbooks

1612 + 392 = 2004 CZK total cost select make sure to select the CZK option when paying via PayPal, and the correct dollar amount will be taken from your card/bank account. it is roughly $82 for 2 copies shipped to the US, correct.

$84 by my count

Anyone know the live time tomorrow?

Live time? On FA website?

It's actually $84
Yeah that's why I said to make sure to pay in CZK and roughly $82 (when I did the conversion quickly this morning I was using the exchange rates shown on Google, they are often different to PayPal's and the PayPal rates can change during the course of the same day too).
Live time? On FA website?
Yep, if this didn't sell out during during the collectable number pre-order period, it'll be live to pre-order from FilmArena tomorrow at 20:00 Czech local time.

Last edited: