Ex Machina (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Silver Label Special Edition No.3) [China]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: August 10, 2015
Purchase link: TBA (Pre-order July 31)
Price: 198 CNY
Note: WWA steelbook limited to 300 copies.

As of Aug 22,2015 sold out (with no group buy), unless Universal makes more copies available. Sold out on their site.

Old info:
From Xin:
Since the Quantity was only 300 copies,so we decide dont list on webstore,only do the GB on HDN,GB will open at 5th,quantity would be under 50 copies.
one copy per person limited.
full

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm boycotting FF7 from both Filmarena and HDZeta lol but whats the print run out of curiosity for HDZeta?
I think it's 1K. I think the PW edition is from all over. I believe Taiwan, Korea will also have 2 steelbooks (the other one being Tire Edition).

I think it's 1K. I think the PW edition is from all over. I believe Taiwan, Korea will also have 2 steelbooks (the other one being Tire Edition).
In that case, do a group buy for Ex Machina and do a pre-order on their site for FF7.That should be a better scenario for the overall experience on day one of the HDZeta shop.

In that case, do a group buy for Ex Machina and do a pre-order on their site for FF7.That should be a better scenario for the overall experience on day one of the HDZeta shop.
I'm thinking the same thing that is if they are satisfied w/their webstore maintenance & troubleshooting. Coz even 1k with both domestic & international will be cutting it close.

Generally, and there are exceptions of course, Blu-ray discs released by the major studios are all the same depending on the region: e.g. UK, Australian, and EU releases use the one disc, and the same goes for Hong Kong, China, and South Korea. Sometimes the disc will choose a menu language (if there are alternative language menus) automatically depending on your player settings/region, or normally there's a screen when you first play the disc that lets you choose. Ex Machina is from Universal and they're usually pretty generous with their language options. The movie has also been released in both Hong Kong and South Korea already, and the discs are exactly the same, so the HDZeta disc is most likely going to be the same disc as well.

Kind of unrelated, but sometimes, when the disc chooses how to play based on your player region, you might get different language options or even different cuts of the movie. Japanese releases are notorious for doing this. While the disc might be the same on you get everywhere else, pop it into a Japanese player and you will get Japanese audio and subtitle options otherwise not available. As for different cuts depending on region, the best example is the original region B release of Conan the Barbarian. When the disc was played on UK players, it would cut the horse and sex scenes as required by the BBFC, but it was uncut when the region was set to something else. A more recent example is Kingsman: The Secret Service, which depending on your region, might remove the infamous Colin Firth church fight.
It is not always true that the discs are exactly the same. Many boutique labels (Plain, Criterion, Optimum) do their own authoring. Their transfers of the same movies will vary because of this. Optimum's DON'T LOOK NOW blu ray is different in color, brightness, and aspect ratio (slightly) from Criterion's because each one did their own authoring and telecine. They might all be working off of the same transfer – but the color correction, sound and telecine is their own.

It is not always true that the discs are exactly the same. Many boutique labels (Plain, Criterion, Optimum) do their own authoring. Their transfers of the same movies will vary because of this. Optimum's DON'T LOOK NOW blu ray is different in color, brightness, and aspect ratio (slightly) from Criterion's because each one did their own authoring and telecine. They might all be working off of the same transfer – but the color correction, sound and telecine is their own.

I said major studios (i.e. Warner Bros., Universal, Fox, etc.) :)

Update:
Since the Quantity was only 300 copies,so we decide dont list on webstore,only do the GB on HDN,GB will open at 5th,quantity would be under 50 copies.
the FF7 was not changed,31th will list on web store,HDN also open the GB at same time.

Film Arena's slip is way better!

Not just color, brightness, and aspect ratio. Optimum's Don't Look Now is awful. It looks like a watercolor filter was added to the picture.

Update:
the FF7 was not changed,31th will list on web store,HDN also open the GB at same time.

and the other 250?
we can get at the store?

and the other 250?
we can get at the store?
Update:
I would imagine the rest will be available for purchase to HDzeta members only.

Reactions: harry
Status
Not open for further replies.