snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 1st, 2015
Purchase link: Ex_Machina
Price: £21.99
Notes: Embossed Front with Gloss Varnish Finish and Debossed Reverse. Limited to 2,000 copies.
Steelbook is not silver

11072619-1424269404-678753.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678814.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678707.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678702.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678758.jpg

In hand hidefninja.com exclusive pics:
Posted here 12:09pm EST, May 7 as received from Zavvi

cjgidi1431014896-jpg.158575

be2uwy1431014853-jpg.158576

fl3rah1431014804-jpg.158577

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, and isn't a gloss varnish finish normally applied to bare metal?
A 'Zero Finish' steelbook is a low-gloss varnish that yes has typically been used on bare metal steelbooks (though not always).
A gloss 'varnish' is what most people simply refer to as full gloss.

I suspect they simply mean it's a full gloss Steelbook, though could be wrong.

Last edited:
If it turns out to be white then it is a bonus as the mockup is clearly grey/silver.

Whoa, what? I don't know how it's clearly silver to you. It's clearly white, the same color as the white parts of the suit/outfit. For grey/silver look at the other silver parts of the outfit, or the title on the spine. What are those colors if the rest is clearly grey/silver?

Whoa, what? I don't know how it's clearly silver to you. It's clearly white, the same color as the white parts of the suit/outfit. For grey/silver look at the other silver parts of the outfit, or the title on the spine. What are those colors if the rest is clearly grey/silver?
image.jpg What lowlut said....:D

Reactions: lolwut
White or bare metal (obvs white is preferred) this is a fabulous design. Very nice indeed.

unless be like disneys maleficent zavvi release was supposed to be white ended up black, who remembers that little chesnut?
not that was a problem as was good but would be funny if this all turned on its head but i do suspect bare metal from the outside looking in or sorry should be re-named zavvi white, the history is well known:rofl::rofl::rofl:

basil :woot::woot::woot::woot:

Reactions: harry

I think you may need to adjust your monitor if you can't see the colour difference between the mockup of the Steelbook and the white areas that surround it.

Yeah but the left side border looks white and if the image on the front is embossed maybe the ever so slightly darker white (I wouldn't say silver or grey) might be to show embossing shading . Not a clue. Won't be happy unless it's white tho

I think you may need to adjust your monitor if you can't see the colour difference between the mockup of the Steelbook and the white areas that surround it.

K...you didn't really answer my question. What color are the actual silver colors on the steel if the rest is also silver? The steel is not "clearly" silver if there's confusion and disagreement about it. What's clearly white to me and others is clearly silver to you - and I'm the one that needs to adjust my monitor?

With that said, the steel around the spine is silver and doesn't bode well.

K...you didn't really answer my question. What color are the actual silver colors on the steel if the rest is also silver? The steel is not "clearly" silver if there's confusion and disagreement about it. What's clearly white to me and others is clearly silver to you - and I'm the one that needs to adjust my monitor?

With that said, the steel around the spine is silver and doesn't bode well.

A different shade of silver? If the artwork was white you would not be able to see the edges of the Steelbook.

The way I see it is the robot body image is white like a glossy white, then the background of that may be a slightly darker white so you can see the image properly (if you look carefully the left goes from brightish white to a slightly darker white) and then the border is white with again the right side border a slightly darker white.
If you look at the straight on image the have slightly darkened the top left before the border and the bottom right before the border. I personally think this is shading to show the border on the mock up but I might be wrong. I hope I'm not

image.jpg

I would be happy tho if the border was white and the background behind the image is a slightly darker white. It definately don't look silver to me or grey really

I say it's a different shade of white. If the artwork was silver you wouldn't be able to see metal parts of the robot :naughty:

Completely agree and also if it was bright white it might be harder to see the other parts of the image. I reakon white border with a slightly darker white background

I'm reserving judgement until we get official confirmation and/or see in hand pics... that's the only way to be 100% sure.

Reactions: snooloui