Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
Genre: Fantasy / Sword & Sorcery
Studio: Warner Bros.
Starring: Nigel Terry, Helen Mirren, Patrick Stewart, Liam Neeson, Gabriel Byrne
Director: John Boorman

Excalibur-movie-poster.jpg

An ancient, dark fantasy re-telling of the King Aurthur legend which i havnt actually ssseen all the way through lol.... but John Boorman's Excalibur has quite a cult following these days and what i rember of it was certainly tre-cool.... like a R-rated lord of the rings? with knights and kings instead of hobbits & dwarves.... and Merlin remains the nb1 Legendary magician... just more real than Gandalf imo :)

Also has notable vintage-bintage i think :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: Greyback
Surprising but cool seein this cameo at the British Academy Awards on the weekend... was in the highlight reel 4 Lifetime BAFTA winner Helen Mirren.... kinda felt bad for Scorsese tho... All that Jet lag and not a single BAFTA 2 take back home :(

Classic film and extremely underrated ,never tire of watching this.Full of great performances and the late Nicol Williamson as Merlin is the best of the lot.
This would look great as a steel with the original dvd front cover art with gloss treatment :thumbs:

Reactions: SaberTooth
When Warner makes a steelbook. The painted poster art is a must have.
For me, painted artworks are superior.
For example Gremlins, Mars Attacks and Conan.

Reactions: SaberTooth
:)Love love love EXCALIBUR!! When I was 10 my dad took me to see it. He had great taste in films. So as a lad, I was seeing EXCALIBUR when other kids my age had to sit through stuff like, well, THE SWORD IN THE STONE!;)
So- Count me In, A Thousand times Yes, and You had me at Hello!! I just hope the guys at Warner peruse sites like these and see what people are talking about! Take my money Warners! I offer it gladly if you make this!
*Curious... As nice as the mock-up case is (and I agree that the original one sheet art on steels is the best), the border is more maroon than the the original black. Artistic license? Or is my monitor off?! Great job though. My heart skipped a beat before I realized it was a mock-up!!:)

Thanks man :emb: I am honored by your positive words!!!! :emb::emb::emb::emb:

No, no, no mistake!!!! Your monitor is 100% OK!!!! ;););)
You're right original poster is more black. Poster used for the front side is more maroon.
I want same color in the back side. This my artistic license. :happy::happy::happy:
I like graphics on Steelbook when back and front sides are united with color or artwork.

Last edited: