Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 23rd, 2016
Purchase link: fnac.com
Price: EUR 19.71

1507-1 (24).jpg

Last edited:
Not bad fits well with this movie, just needs some Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman on it now, hope Amazon or Zavvi also get this.
Probably will not. It is using the existing artwork from the Warner Bros. black cover amaray series that became the Kubrick Black Steelbook wave minus EWS. This is just the final one in the Warner Bros. Kubrick black steelbook wave.
So, the art has been final for quite a while now, and I doubt they will change it.

Probably will not. It is using the existing artwork from the black cover amaray series that became the Kubrick Black Steelbook wave minus EWS. This is just the final one in the Kubrick black steelbook wave.
So, the art has been final for quite a while now, and I doubt they will change it.

They will probably be on the back.
Possibly the pic of both of them getting steamy whilst she's looking in the mirror (standard artwork) or a pic of cruise at the sex place

Reactions: steelbobawny
They will probably be on the back.
Possibly the pic of both of them getting steamy whilst she's looking in the mirror (standard artwork) or a pic of cruise at the sex place
Agreed. They will probably be on the back...
But part of me hopes the back is the reverse shot of the mask from the back!!

Reactions: Flloydo
Agreed. They will probably be on the back...
But part of me hopes the back is the reverse shot of the mask from the back!!

Going by shining, clockwork and full metal back arts I doubt it but that would be cool

Reactions: C.C. 95
Better if a Zavvi release more chance of a price drop
Amazon not good with steelbooks for decent price drops
Sure, at the best, they release this Steelbook via Zavvi in UK and via Amazon in Germany (like the other WArner Europe Steelbooks). Amazon.de have good prices and a very good service.

dunno what these designers obsession is all about with these matte black covers and a single boring image in the center. think about what is possible with steelbook artwork and some of the other great releases. this series is boring imo.

Reactions: blackbird81
I agree I would preferred if Warner had of used better individual artwork on these Stanley Kubrick Steelbooks

They did use different style artwork for 2001 that's a very nice looking Steelbook

The other Warner Kubrick Steelbooks are still nice but with what they did with 2001 you can see the difference it makes
It stands out the quality in comparison

Is this really only going to be available from Fnac? I hope Amazon or somebody else has this for sale as well. Fnac stinks at delivery.
I would guess these will get a release in other counties like UK at some stage
Warner usually release same Steelbooks in France/GermanyUK and I expect these showing up sometime in next few months in each country with a Zavvi exclusive expected for the UK

Reactions: C.C. 95
I do want to get this but I might wait it out a little. March is a bit of a busy one now
At least the matte and embossing matches the rest of the wave

Reactions: luke98