Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 27, 2017
Purchase link: HMV, Group Buy Here
Price: £22.99

01-414514.jpg

02-414514.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't have a problem with the artwork. The film itself is another matter. Watched it the other day; cancelled the steel preorder immediately. Very poorly written.

Cancelled too. Fell asleep in the cinema watching this, and not a fan of that big 3D logo on the front. £23 is too much for this one at the moment. Will pick it up from another retailer without the 3D on the cover and a price drop.

Cancelled too. Fell asleep in the cinema watching this, and not a fan of that big 3D logo on the front. £23 is too much for this one at the moment. Will pick it up from another retailer without the 3D on the cover and a price drop.

Wow really surprised by that. (Obviously entitled to your opinion and we are mates so I know you won't mind me disagreeing and asking)

Why do you want to buy this in any format if you fell asleep watching it?

I thought this was a great film, I loved the characters and the story and for me it had a real warm feeling like when I first saw the first Harry Potter real amazement and wonder just loved it, look forward to seeing it again. Not bothered by the 3D sign at all love the picture of Nibbler.

Wow really surprised by that. (Obviously entitled to your opinion and we are mates so I know you won't mind me disagreeing and asking)

Why do you want to buy this in any format if you fell asleep watching it?

I thought this was a great film, I loved the characters and the story and for me it had a real warm feeling like when I first saw the first Harry Potter real amazement and wonder just loved it, look forward to seeing it again. Not bothered by the 3D sign at all love the picture of Nibbler.
Although I feel the same- that this wasn't a particularly good film- I too may pick it up after a price drop purely because there will be sequels, and hopefully they will be better than this. I'd want to have the first for the sake of completion. Who knows, I may even get to like this one once some character development happens in subsequent films.

Reactions: Flash
Although I feel the same- that this wasn't a particularly good film- I too may pick it up after a price drop purely because there will be sequels, and hopefully they will be better than this. I'd want to have the first for the sake of completion. Who knows, I may even get to like this one once some character development happens in subsequent films.

Good point, give it another go :)

• Thanks
Reactions: andy01652
Warner Bros and the Harry Potter universe... this will no doubt see a million different releases over the years, so I wouldn't worry too much about not liking the artwork on this first edition, as we'll no doubt have plenty more choice sooner or later.

+1 and a million times.

Warner brothers have thoroughly disappointed us with epics likr LOTR, Hobbit and Harry Potters when it comes to artwork and finish. This is why I am happy with the Amaray box sets of these films.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
+1 and a million times.

Warner brothers have thoroughly disappointed us with epics likr LOTR, Hobbit and Harry Potters when it comes to artwork and finish. This is why I am happy with the Amaray box sets of these films.

Yeah the majority of Warner steels aren't great

I am still p*ssed we don't have extended steels for lotr 2 & 3 though.

• Thanks
Reactions: BDDB
Yeah the majority of Warner steels aren't great

I am still p*ssed we don't have extended steels for lotr 2 & 3 though.

Yep but I am happy with the LOTR extended trilogy boxset that I got from Amazon Italy for just £16.

£16 for LOTR 15 discs
£28 for Hobbit Extended editions 15 discs
£18 for HP 11 discs.

If we were to buy each one in Steelbook format then we need to spend a fortune which is simply not worth it for me.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Yep but I am happy with the LOTR extended trilogy boxset that I got from Amazon Italy for just £16.

£16 for LOTR 15 discs
£28 for Hobbit Extended editions 15 discs
£18 for HP 11 discs.

If we were to buy each one in Steelbook format then we need to spend a fortune which is simply not worth it for me.

Nice prices

I don't really buy ammray anymore so I would go for steels but yeah buying them at release prices would be mad especially the potters when there are 8 films at £19.99 each when they came out.

I'm still debating whether to get the potter steels when I see them for a decent price.
Although I would go for the hogwarts castle edition over the steels if I had the cash

Nice prices

I don't really buy ammray anymore so I would go for steels but yeah buying them at release prices would be mad especially the potters when there are 8 films at £19.99 each when they came out.

I'm still debating whether to get the potter steels when I see them for a decent price.
Although I would go for the hogwarts castle edition over the steels if I had the cash

I saw all the HP steels in hmv today for £12.99

But Id recommend the Hogwarts collection, its a beautiful set.

Reactions: Flloydo
I saw all the HP steels in hmv today for £12.99

But Id recommend the Hogwarts collection, its a beautiful set.

Yeah they been that price about a month but still a lot for 8 mediocre steels

It does look great. I remember seeing it in the gift shop at the WB museum studio but it's far too much for me

Are their sequels planned for this? It wasn't a bad film, better than I expected but not amazing

Yeah they been that price about a month but still a lot for 8 mediocre steels

It does look great. I remember seeing it in the gift shop at the WB museum studio but it's far too much for me

Are their sequels planned for this? It wasn't a bad film, better than I expected but not amazing

Im pretty sure they confirmed there will be 5 movies

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: Flash and Flloydo
Im pretty sure they confirmed there will be 5 movies

5!!! o_O

Are you joking?

If that's true then I can see these characters wearing thin. Especially newt. Won't have the same impact as the potters