Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (4K+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #39) [China]

Apr 5, 2013
Newport, UK
Release date: End of July 2017
Price: TBA
Notes: Three editions planned for the release: 4K+BD - 3D+BD - BD Only
HDN Group Buy: Hosted by cooey One Click $181 - Ultimate Edition $76 - Lenticular $67 - Full Slip $52
19787374_454960051550432_2207659572182846334_o.jpg 19787489_454960014883769_777088723249413581_o.jpg 19693424_454959981550439_3910243576079577433_o.jpg 19780641_454959954883775_4263870404670821041_o.jpg 19780797_454959941550443_2827671015939706562_o.jpg
image.jpeg

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 9.39.09 AM.png

125604dkz8jntk2wvkvveq-jpg.301063

Last edited by a moderator:
@cooey what will be a rough guide price on this for uk?
cos need to make a decision on this or cancel hmv one?
but hmv one is out 27th so really need a ball park please

many thanks
basil :thumbs:

@cooey what will be a rough guide price on this for uk?
cos need to make a decision on this or cancel hmv one?
but hmv one is out 27th so really need a ball park please

many thanks

Absolutely no idea at all mate. I won't find out until I get the GB info, when that will be again I do not know.

If you want a rough figure, anything from $20 to $150 ;)

Reactions: Basil
@cooey

I hope with blu fans and for the new style GBs they give you prices well before the GBs start due to having to pay now with the new way

I know we have a rough idea with marvel/ Disney prices judging by previous releases but I seriously hope they update you a week or 2 prior to the GBs opening going forward so we can sort out what we can afford or change pre orders around and/ or cancel other things we might have on order.

Basically I hope the GBs don't start and that's when we find out prices

I know this is all out of your control but I'm assuming the site has made the retailers aware the new GB structure and I know you've never hit your quota on BF GBs (except zootopia single lenti) but there are some coming up that I think will do better than previous GBs (strange/ TFA/ rogue one for example)

Other retailers we know prices well before GBs but blu fans is always a odd one with leaving it till last minute

Reactions: K.i.T
@cooey

I hope with blu fans and for the new style GBs they give you prices well before the GBs start due to having to pay now with the new way

I know we have a rough idea with marvel/ Disney prices judging by previous releases but I seriously hope they update you a week or 2 prior to the GBs opening going forward so we can sort out what we can afford or change pre orders around and/ or cancel other things we might have on order.

Basically I hope the GBs don't start and that's when we find out prices

I know this is all out of your control but I'm assuming the site has made the retailers aware the new GB structure and I know you've never hit your quota on BF GBs (except zootopia single lenti) but there are some coming up that I think will do better than previous GBs (strange/ TFA/ rogue one for example)

Other retailers we know prices well before GBs but blu fans is always a odd one with leaving it till last minute

When I have the GB info, as like I normally do, I will post in the thread with quantity and date/time. I will also, where I can include prices in this update too. I wouldn't bank on knowing a week or two prior, a few days yes but not a week.

As for the new system, that's here to stay and it isn't going to change so at the minute going forward all further GBs hosted by me will be using the new system.

However, what I am looking at doing with the next Blufans GB is the following. I will start a GB with a deposit scheme; so lets say Fantastic Beasts GB opens up. There will be the need to pay a $5 non-refundable fee per edition that you want - this then secures your copy. GB closes/sells out. I will then invoice you how I have been doing via PM for the remaining balance on a future date (won't be a huge gap but it would at least mean you do not have to pay up front all in one go).

Last edited:
When I have the GB info, as like I normally do, I will post in the thread with quantity and date/time. I will also, where I can include prices in this update too. I wouldn't bank on knowing a week or two prior, a few days yes but not a week.

As for the new system, that's here to stay and it isn't going to change so at the minute going forward all further GBs hosted by me will be using the new system.

However, what I am looking at doing with the next Blufans GB is the following. I will start a GB with a deposit scheme; so lets say Fantastic Beasts GB opens up. There will be the need to pay a $5 non-refundable fee - this then secures your copy. GB closes/sells out. I will then invoice you how I have been doing via PM for the remaining balance on a future date (won't be a huge gap but it would at least mean you do not have to pay up front all in one go).

Cheers cooey

Yeah I suppose a week or 2 before was a bit of a stretch.

I don't have anything against the new GBs but now we have to treat them like ordering premiums direct with having the money there and then so I'm just making sure we will have all the relevant info before hand (which I know you do anyway but was hoping blufans might work around us a bit differently with this new system and info a bit earlier than normal), but blufans do seem to act a bit differently with communications and style of business compared to other retailers and that's where my worries lay but your plans of possible deposit and then rest of pay sounds like it will help out in some cases which is nice to hear.

Thanks again

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil and cooey

However, what I am looking at doing with the next Blufans GB is the following. I will start a GB with a deposit scheme; so lets say Fantastic Beasts GB opens up. There will be the need to pay a $5 non-refundable fee per edition that you want - this then secures your copy. GB closes/sells out. I will then invoice you how I have been doing via PM for the remaining balance on a future date (won't be a huge gap but it would at least mean you do not have to pay up front all in one go).
We are trying to keep a happy medium with everyone :D
That sounds a great idea :thumbs:

Kevin on BD Forum posted this info
Three editions planned for the release

1) 4K+BD
2) 3D+BD
3) BD ONLY

This suits me better as I have no interest in 4K
3D+BD edition I will be going for

For those that want 4K and 3D you will have to purchase the one click or separate 4K and 3D editions

Last edited:
Kevin on BD Forum posted this info
Three editions planned for the release

1) 4K+BD
2) 3D+BD
3) BD ONLY

This suits me better as I have no interest in 4K
3D+BD edition I will be going for

For those that want 4K and 3D you will have to purchase the one click or separate 4K and 3D editions

cheers for that paul also noticed they will have all info available to early may for there gb,which is when i now expect we would see the same for our gb. so roll on 6-8 weeks.

just hope someone updates op with relevant info ;):whistle:

Reactions: paulboland
Awesome! BF thinking of all movie collectors with this release. Not sure which one I'll get yet but either the 4k or 3d package.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Not fantastic news anymore as many were thinking the Steelbook will contain 4K + 3D + 2D discs.

As I think I said another thread last week - that wouldn't benefit anybody as most people have a preference of 3D or 4K (not both). To pile them all into one box would mean you're paying for 1 extra premium disc you don't need. Better to let 3D buyers just buy 3D and 4k buyers just buy 4k.

• Thanks
Reactions: Butz2k