Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Fantastic Four

Tagline: Change is coming.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Josh Trank

Cast: Miles Teller, Kate Mara, Michael B. Jordan, Jamie Bell, Toby Kebbell, Reg E. Cathey, Tim Blake Nelson, Joshua Montes, Dan Castellaneta, Owen Judge, Kylen Davis, Evan Hannemann, Chet Hanks, Mary-Pat Green, Tim Heidecker, Mary Rachel Dudley, Wayne Pére, Rhonda Johnson Dents, Gretchen Koerner, Shauna Rappold, Adam Fristoe, Don Yesso, Jodi Lyn Brockton, Christopher Heskey, Jerrad Vunovich, Lance E. Nichols, Dina Morrone, Ravi Naidu

Release: 2015-08-05

Runtime: 100

Plot: Four young outsiders teleport to a dangerous universe, which alters their physical form in shocking ways. Their lives irrevocably upended, the team must learn to harness their daunting new abilities and work together to save Earth from a former friend turned enemy.

Attachments

• Fantastic_Four.jpg
    Fantastic_Four.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 409
Actually, Miles Teller is timed perfectly for this. Everyone is gonna know him after WHIPLASH.

I'm not so sure about that. He's had a few critically-acclaimed roles now and Whiplash is getting all the attention because of J.K. Simmons' role. Honestly, I see the general public looking at this new FF and being confused beyond belief.

I'm not so sure about that. He's had a few critically-acclaimed roles now and Whiplash is getting all the attention because of J.K. Simmons' role. Honestly, I see the general public looking at this new FF and being confused beyond belief.
I can see that...for myriad reasons. Young unknowns. Probably not gonna be GOTG light- but Nolan-dark.
Yeah, I can see it being a tougher sell. But I at least like that they are not going 100% obvious, safe and boring.

I am incredibly sceptical over this reboot. Trailer does not deter the production hell this movie went through. Will watch when it comes out but not overly excited.

I am now excited for this movie.At first i thought this was going to be the same old ,same old, but they are completely re- imaging how the team came together. The Black Human Torch makes more sense now.Bring it on!

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
To anyone that read the comic for decades, it IS the problem!

but to those that have not read the comics like me is of no great issue, i am looking with fresh eyes. personally i like the way marvel looks with darker tone films it makes it far more intresting and gripping. now i remember the old jokey one it was ok was i really keen on it not really and would i want to watch it again and again answer not on your nelly!
so this is a clean reboot like jj did star trek now i am a trekkie and at the time i thought oh god how is he going to wreck this and he didn't to be fair i really enjoyed those. so perhaps going in with the mind this is a reboot and giving it a fair chance to start with you may be surprised at what you see.

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: dboy99
Problem Basil, is that you cannot overlook the fans that have kept this franchise alive since the 1960's. They are the suckers that bought these comics, merchandise & movies. The tone of humor represented in the previous series was spot on despite obvious visual flaws & writing flaws too. But to completely overhaul an iconic team like the Fantastic 4 is like spitting on those people's faces.

Reactions: psychoscot
Problem Basil, is that you cannot overlook the fans that have kept this franchise alive since the 1960's. They are the suckers that bought these comics, merchandise & movies. The tone of humor represented in the previous series was spot on despite obvious visual flaws & writing flaws too. But to completely overhaul an iconic team like the Fantastic 4 is like spitting on those people's faces.
Nail and head Sir!

This looks utter garbage and is too far removed from its source material. I hope it fails and Marvel get the rights back to do it properly! [emoji20]

I may be wrong but didn't they just kill the Fantastic Four in the comics?This group could be the new version going forward.I'm sure there is some humor in this movie;it may not be like old but i doubt this movie is going to be the Dark knight Rises.

I understand older fans feeling like this is a bad move, but they already had their time in sunshine with the first fantastic four movies.And if i recall correctly they didn't support it all that well hints why there is a reboot.

I may be wrong but didn't they just kill the Fantastic Four in the comics?This group could be the new version going forward.I'm sure there is some humor in this movie;it may not be like old but i doubt this movie is going to be the Dark knight Rises.

I understand older fans feeling like this is a bad move, but they already had their time in sunshine with the first fantastic four movies.And if i recall correctly they didn't support it all that well hints why there is a reboot.

Understood but till recently Marvel have been making some weird changes to all their titles. Hence the female Thor & the African American Captain America. Didnt see these being implemented in the movies?

The only reason for the failure of the previous series was the poor writing skills and visual effects. Remember that the previous series was successful enough to warrant a sequel.

Understood but till recently Marvel have been making some weird changes to all their titles. Hence the female Thor & the African American Captain America. Didnt see these being implemented in the movies?

The only reason for the failure of the previous series was the poor writing skills and visual effects. Remember that the previous series was successful enough to warrant a sequel.

We all knew Falcon was going to be captain America, so that wasn't s a surprise.The whole fiasco that is the female Thor is something that makes me sick to my stomach.Changing the sex of a major character just to be Politically correct is a horrible move that won't ever make it's way to the Movie universe.On the other hand,I can see Falcon taking the mantel from Steve in a few movies.Chris wants to direct so let him direct the cap when Macki Takes over.

The first Fantastic Four movie i enjoyed and watched about five times, but the second i can't even remember.The story may have been weak at points but it was the original fantastic story so i never complained.Silver Surfer was just to ambitious.Who does Galactus in their second movie?Anyway, i'm glad they ended that run because we got our cap out of it.

We all knew Falcon was going to be captain America, so that wasn't s a surprise.

Err no we didn't, and it's readership worldwide has dropped dramatically because of it. The female Thor has bombed loosing over 60% of it's readership in a matter of months and the Hispanic Spider-Man has been about as popular internationally as Bin Laden at a Whitehouse garden party. The majority of comic fans aren't really anymore tolerant than Trekkies when it comes to changes. Most will except small changes only. Spider-Man bombed so badly they quickly had to bring back Parker. US readers may be more tolerant of the changes but to show these films worldwide they need to stick with Steve Rogers, Peter Parker etc.

Everyone has valid points. The thing is that Marvel are just trying to keep fresh. I get that. Sometimes things need a change. My only argument is if they are to bring Fantastic 4 properly to the big screen fir the first time, last series excluded, then do it right. After the 2nd or 3rd movie, THEN change it.

I think this movie might be comparable to X-Men First Class. Where the performances were better than the actual film or story. Both Miles Teller and Michael B Jordan are great actors, so I expect good performances from both of them. Kate Mara is a little spotty to me acting wise, but I haven't seen enough of her to make fair assessment.