Fantastic Mr. Fox (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Jul 13, 2016
United kingdom
Release date: December 4, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (live 3pm Black Friday)
Price: £15.99

11524894-1364505040869991.jpg

11524894-1394505040930738.jpg
11524894-1344505040953865.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
is anyone actually going to blame the studio and their awful design team for this shite? it's like having a go at Currys because of the colour of fridge freezers they have in stock :LOL:

Zavvi exec "so, how so we really irritate and p*** off steelbook collectors?"

Zavvi designer "I know! Put out a range of films they've been hankering after in steelbook form for years, but give them absolutely awful screen print artwork that looks like it was done on Microsoft paint"

Zavvi exec "BINGO!"

• Thanks
Reactions: kitsune
Zavvi exec "so, how so we really irritate and p*** off steelbook collectors?"

Zavvi designer "I know! Put out a range of films they've been hankering after in steelbook form for years, but give them absolutely awful screen print artwork that looks like it was done on Microsoft paint"

Zavvi exec "BINGO!"
You mean the film studio Fox
Zavvi don't do any artwork design never have and don't make any steelbooks they are just a retailer that sell what's offered to them by distributors

The last batch of fox crap artwork steelbooks was trade wide only difference this time is film distributor decided to go with retailer exclusive instead with the second batch of steelbook releases

Reactions: kbr1656
F*cking love this film and This is the only one in interested but that art is awful!!!!! And calm down zavvi..... Too many announcements in one day. Feels like 2015
agreed with you on all points ... what a bummer art...

speaking about this, i really do hope that one day, retailers like PA / Kimchi / ML would take on some of the amazing stop motion / animation films like The Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline, Wallace & Gromit, Kubo ... and well of course Fantastic Mr. Fox...

Last edited:
I was so excited when I saw this was getting a steelbook but that art is awful. Doesn't feel very Wes Anderson-y at all.

Please give us something good kimchidvd lol.

Though, I'm fine with just my criterion release of this. They sure know how to release Wes Anderson films.

is anyone actually going to blame the studio and their awful design team for this shite? it's like having a go at Currys because of the colour of fridge freezers they have in stock :LOL:

You mean the film studio Fox
Zavvi don't do any artwork design never have and don't make any steelbooks they are just a retailer that sell what's offered to them by distributors

I know this is an old argument and there will always be two sides, but this is always such a cop out for Zavvi. Of course they are to blame as well - THEY are the ones that decide whether to distribute the item, THEY are the ones that look at the mock up and say "Steelbook collectors are idiots they'll buy any old shite, we'll take 4000", THEY are the ones that are allowing the studios to get away with using the work experience kid to design these things because they have no standards whatsoever. If they ever said "no the art is terrible we're not interested" then the studios would have to use something other than MS Paint to design them.

• Thanks
Reactions: kitsune
I know this is an old argument and there will always be two sides, but this is always such a cop out for Zavvi. Of course they are to blame as well - THEY are the ones that decide whether to distribute the item, THEY are the ones that look at the mock up and say "Steelbook collectors are idiots they'll buy any old shite, we'll take 4000", THEY are the ones that are allowing the studios to get away with using the work experience kid to design these things because they have no standards whatsoever. If they ever said "no the art is terrible we're not interested" then the studios would have to use something other than MS Paint to design them.

You think Zavvi put collectors over profit? ;)

If Zavvi say no then these would probably be offered to Zoom, HMV or Amazon with the same art. Nothing would change.

It's gutting for me because I've been waiting for this film in steel and this comes along.

If Zavvi say no then these would probably be offered to Zoom, HMV or Amazon with the same art. Nothing would change.

I've heard that argument before and I still think it's BS. If that art is bad then why would anyone want to sell such an inferior product whoever it is offered to. They just head straight to zavvi because they're the only ones daft enough to buy exclusive steelbooks whatever the quality.

I accept that there are plenty of bad WWA steels as well - in those cases the retailers really are blameless.

I've heard that argument before and I still think it's BS. If that art is bad then why would anyone want to sell such an inferior product whoever it is offered to. They just head straight to zavvi because they're the only ones daft enough to buy exclusive steelbooks whatever the quality.

I accept that there are plenty of bad WWA steels as well - in those cases the retailers really are blameless.

What planet are you on? Retailers are in business to make money. You're acting as if retailers don't sell millions of ****** products everyday. There's always someone who will buy bad movies, ugly clothing or terrible food.

If for some reason Zavvi turned them down Amazon (or someone else) would absolutely pick them up. In fact many of the last wave of Fox's popart steelbooks were trade wide.