Fast and Furious 6 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Mar 18, 2011
Release date: December 10, 2013
Purchase link: Fast & Furious 6
Price: 24.99$
Notes: Gloss finish, NO inside artwork, 2-discs edition

Pre-order Best Buy exclusive Fast & Furious 6 Blu-ray Combo SteelBook with $5 CinemaNow Credit starting 11/19/13 in store or at BestBuy.com/fast6 for $19.99. Watch the movie early in Digital HD on CinemaNow and get your exclusive Blu-ray Combo Pack starting 12/10/13.

Individuals release threads:
The Fast & The Furious || 2 Fast 2 Furious || Tokyo Drift || Fast & Furious || Fast Five || Fast & Furious 6

Order here:

Best Buy links:
The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
Fast & Furious
Fast Five
Fast & Furious 6

I guess the BB one will match the other 5 if they are being released.
8g40.png

Attachments

• ff6.jpg
    ff6.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 257
  • 8g40.png
    8g40.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 275
Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know when the next upgrade & save event is?

Not sure there will be one. They were having them at regular intervals (every 3 months), but skipped the last one, so who knows? The last one should have been October. It did not happen. But going by the regular intervals, that means sometime in January if it did happen.

It appears there will be no more upgrade & save events because apparently the previous u&s events were done in order to get rid of inventory in preparation for a general reduction of in-store space devoted to blu-rays and dvds. It looks like they have reduced inventory enough so that they don't have to do any more u&s events. All this was told to me by a Best Buy employee who may or may not have been speaking from factual knowledge but, anyway, there it is.

It appears there will be no more upgrade & save events because apparently the previous u&s events were done in order to get rid of inventory in preparation for a general reduction of in-store space devoted to blu-rays and dvds. It looks like they have reduced inventory enough so that they don't have to do any more u&s events. All this was told to me by a Best Buy employee who may or may not have been speaking from factual knowledge but, anyway, there it is.

You basically hit the nail on the head.Sadly they are basically they are done with it. They just wanted to dump inventory levels which mine have almost cut theirs in half. See Neoz post here if you want to know more .https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showthread.php?p=776871#post776871

They were up to like 4 a year for like the past 3 years and then a few months ago nada. Now I could see them "maybe" a HUGE "maybe" they could do 1 a year or every other to keep things low. But I believe with their $4 movies they had for BF is where they will continue dumping most of the (or trying to). They even have that new rewards program and I believe BB is heading in the WRONG direction....

On topic I will say a nice steel but I think I will stick with the Regular released steel as I like it more.

Looks good... but come on! No inside artwork?! I figured that Fast 6 would at least get some since it's BRAND NEW.

The front artwork is excellent but the back artwork is horrible. Look how they cut off the top part of the car artwork that would have been superimposed over the doughnut hole in the number 6. There was no need to do that. They could have kept the entire top of the car intact and it would have looked great superimposed over the 6. What, did they think we would not know it was the number 6 unless they showed the entire doughnut hole? Stupid, stupid. It just looks weird. Also, the lack of inside artwork is very disappointing since it is a new release. All in all, the general release version is better.

The BBY by my work had at least 8 copies on the side of a display near the front of the store. It seem to be wiped out of almost all the other fast and furious titles. I didn't bother going back to the actual movie section to see if they had more there, as all I needed was FF6

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Just wanted to post this scan:
Fast & Furious 6

Reactions: BluRoo98
Quite disappointed with this steel. Fails to deliver as a complete package due to the lack of inside art :( Going to keep the Walmart edition for my collection as dispose of this one.

Quite disappointed with this steel. Fails to deliver as a complete package due to the lack of inside art :( Going to keep the Walmart edition for my collection as dispose of this one.

At the same time, it is staying consistent with the first 5 BB steels without inside art as well

Any word on which of the designs is the more limited version? My guess would be that the Best Buy exclusive is over the white version that is available at other retailers.

It is a good assumption that the BB edition would be more limited than the NA only white-themed edition. Both editions have the distinction of gloss finish.

Any word on which of the designs is the more limited version? My guess would be that the Best Buy exclusive is over the white version that is available at other retailers.

I get the feeling that the Best Buy exclusive steelbooks will be exclusive to them for a limited amount of time and then you will see all 6 steelbooks available from other retailers as well, making them not exclusives any more.